Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

this is a phrase that really boils my pish. the proper idiom is, "Cut your coat according to your cloth.". Subtle but important difference.

So the 3 Bears? Saviours? Naw. Or maybe, 'Not yet'.

The crucial paragraph is in the article posted by Wee Hec:

The consortium’s purchase of 13.29 million shares from Laxey Partners ends a two-year long involvement at Ibrox by the hedge fund, which is registered in the Isle of Man. The Three Bears – wealthy supporters Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor – have also tabled an offer of £6.5 million to underwrite a share issue designed to raise £8 million and head off an imminent funding crisis.

So was today's share purchase paid for out of the £6.5M 'war chest' or is it in addition to what has been offered? The answer is V Important.

Forsyth is assuming that the Three Bears still have £6.5M to invest, i.e. that today's shares didn't reduce that sum. Does he know for sure?

I know the idea that without a Rangers FC in the top flight will mean less money for Celtic and the decline will continue with each passing year there isn't a Rangers FC there. All Celtic need is a title challenger who each season push Celtic further and further to the title so it becomes a battle each season.

Aberdeen are looking more promising since Rangers went bust, Dundee Utd are too inconsistent but are a threat. Hearts & Hibs dropping down a division certainly hurt Celtic's finances, this is what no one factored into the equation and just focused on Rangers going tits up. I know a lot of Celtic fans who just said fcuk this after HIbs & Hearts got relegated as they seen them as real threats and thought the league was just too pish to pay money to go to without the Capital clubs in the division.

Should Hearts & Hibs go up this season there will be more ST's shifted at Parkhead, both bigger clubs and decent fanbase that follow them and usually play much better football than the rest and worth buying an ST for.

Seeing 3 of the biggest clubs disappearing from the top flight within a couple of years to most fans of Celtic viewed the league as weaker and the title was there for the taking, so what was the point a few have said to me if the league was already won.

Should Utd & Aberdeen keep up the title fight there will be an increase in the actual gate at Parkhead if it is still on after the split. :)

I await for your club next season to help shift our ST's SJC :) , let's face it Celtic will see Hearts as the biggest rivals next season if they keep getting better and next season may bring in much better quality players with the extra revenue in the top flight. :P

I honestly don't think a challenging Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts or Hibs carry the same interest for Celtic fans than Rangers.......we saw this in the early 80's when Rangers were struggling under Greig & Wallace where Celtic (and Rangers fans for that matter) picked and chose their games.

In fairness, from what I've been told ST's are only slightly down at Parkhead at present but I could see this dropping without Rangers or the UCL long term.

It's the same reason why many of us Jambos supported "hands off Hibs" & wouldn't mind Hibs getting promoted just behind us this season!

Ashley is the only one so far to have done anything which might actually help to save Rangers, i.e. cutting costs. He's also got rid of Sally, which the fans apparently wanted. He is seen as a villain.

Sandy Easdale owns a bus company. He has 4.2 million shares. He is seen as a spiv and a villain, I'm not sure why.

Douglas Park, also owns a bus company. He has bought about the same number of shares as his part of a consortium. He is seen as a saviour.

Can anyone explain?

David murray owns a bus company as well seems a common theme

The longer Celtic are apart from Rangers and if they continue to fail to make the Champions League stages the more likely a challenge from Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or dare I even suggest Hearts to their quest for 10iar.

Without Rangers or UCL money Celtic are regressing hugely.

Really? We welcome the chase! Remember what happened to the last club who tried to best the Celtic!!!

;)

Ashley is the only one so far to have done anything which might actually help to save Rangers, i.e. cutting costs. He's also got rid of Sally, which the fans apparently wanted. He is seen as a villain.

Sandy Easdale owns a bus company. He has 4.2 million shares. He is seen as a spiv and a villain, I'm not sure why.

Douglas Park, also owns a bus company. He has bought about the same number of shares as his part of a consortium. He is seen as a saviour.

Can anyone explain?

You have to be fishing.

I don't really know much about park other than busses and that when green came calling, he told him to do one.

Phil and grant on the other hand I reckon I know enough.

Yes! of course I do! your supporters have regressed to near neanderthal stages. Your team? ....well that hasn't regressed!....It's always been shite.

Dreadful patter from a dreadful Poster........but that aside, if you fail to see the link between Celtic regressing and the more the likelihood of a title challenge by the very Clubs (now revitalised)that the Old Firm duopoly stifled then there really is no hope for you.

I honestly don't think a challenging Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts or Hibs carry the same interest for Celtic fans than Rangers.......we saw this in the early 80's when Rangers were struggling under Greig & Wallace where Celtic (and Rangers fans for that matter) picked and chose their games.

In fairness, from what I've been told ST's are only slightly down at Parkhead at present but I could see this dropping without Rangers or the UCL long term.

It's the same reason why many of us Jambos supported "hands off Hibs" & wouldn't mind Hibs getting promoted just behind us this season!

TBH SJC, it wouldn't bother me much if the gates at Parkhead declined as long as there was still a team being put out onto the field of play.

I'd rather the gates of the other clubs to increase and effectively mount a challenge on better finances rather than seeing Celtic's decline, this would help our clubs retain their best players or even improve by buying in quality players. This improves the leagues attractiveness in demanding a better SKY deal and so on.

Better to have a better opponent than to play a weaker opponent if you want to enjoy the win. :)

The Three Bears – wealthy supporters Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor – have also tabled an offer of £6.5 million to underwrite a share issue designed to raise £8 million and head off an imminent funding crisis.

So was today's share purchase paid for out of the £6.5M 'war chest' or is it in addition to what has been offered? The answer is V Important.

Forsyth is assuming that the Three Bears still have £6.5M to invest, i.e. that today's shares didn't reduce that sum. Does he know for sure?

This is exactly why I highlighted it. Was today's share purchase in addition to the £6.5M or part of it? Makes a big difference. I really don't know.

Dreadful patter from a dreadful Poster........but that aside, if you fail to see the link between Celtic regressing and the more the likelihood of a title challenge by the very Clubs (now revitalised)that the Old Firm duopoly stifled then there really is no hope for you.

Honestly I'd find it really intriguing if at the start of each season there were 4 or 5 clubs who realistically had a chance to win the title AWESOME !.

Also like I said it'd be better if the other clubs got more finances without getting into debt.

That it may well be,but to be preached to by a fan of a club who emulated it's ugly big sister and spending more than it's means trying to make up ground on Celtic and thus finding itself skint and dropping right out of the division just a tad......well?....Laughable!

Who has regressed the furthest Einstien?...Sheesh!

Do you know what the word "regressing" means?

Yes! of course I do! your supporters have regressed to near neanderthal stages. Your team? ....well that hasn't regressed!....It's always been shite.

Keep posting Tim. You constantly make we Bears appear to be the brain boxes of the thread.

TBH SJC, it wouldn't bother me much if the gates at Parkhead declined as long as there was still a team being put out onto the field of play.

I'd rather the gates of the other clubs to increase and effectively mount a challenge on better finances rather than seeing Celtic's decline, this would help our clubs retain their best players or even improve by buying in quality players. This improves the leagues attractiveness in demanding a better SKY deal and so on.

Better to have a better opponent than to play a weaker opponent if you want to enjoy the win. :)

I don't disagree with you regarding wanting the Diddy Clubs attendances increase as opposed to Celtics dropping but realistically none of us are going to match 40-60,000 every other week.

I do think what we are seeing is our leagues (including Celtic) having to take a step backwards in order to move forwards.......much of which will depend upon whether the powers that be want to protect competition or reinstate a certain duopoly.