Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Someone is playing a clever game here.

First the telfer decision is announced.

Bdo say they will claim for old co.

Then the rule breaking announcement re Ashley.

The alexander ruling - his contract said if McGregor left, now they all left the company and club. Under type rules his contract stays the same.. If McGregor leaves and he did...

And now the claim on footballing debts.

Are they pushing for the spivs to make their own announcement of continuation prior to an admin event so they don't have to decide new or same club??

Everyone is trying to ensure they get paid in full before any inevitable administration event.

AGM should be a hoot ...

That's my taking on all this.......then again, I've given up trying to second guess what is going on at Ibrox!

currently 'Rangers' seem to be at the stage of Alex DeLarge in A Clockwork Orange when everybody he crossed line up one by one to exact revenge for his previous misdeeds......

Alex returns home to find his parents plus a stranger (Clive Francis) sitting in the living room reading newspaper accounts of his release. He enters and tries to be friendly but is met only by awkward excuses. When he inquires about the stranger eating toast on the couch, his father tells him that the stranger is a lodger who can't be kicked out because he's already paid the next month's rent. Alex is upset but the lodger, who has ingratiated himself with Alex's parents, pushes the situation by castigating Alex for the things he did before going to prison and for breaking his parents' hearts. Before Alex can hit the lodger, his psychological conditioning kicks in leaving him gagging and fighting for air. When he has recovered, Alex storms out.

Alex later stares at the Thames river below a bridge, presumably contemplating suicide. He's approached by a bum seeking spare change. Alex fishes some cash from his pocket and hands it over. Then, taking a closer look, the bum recognizes Alex as the same guy who beat him in the subway tunnel two years earlier. Alex looks at the bum in horror and tries to escape, but is trapped in the very same tunnel by the bum and his elderly compatriots. They hit and kick Alex as he cowers on the ground, disabled by his conditioning. Two cops show up to break up the fight. To Alex's further horror, his rescuers turn out to be Dim and Georgie, two of his former droogs, who are now constables. Demonstrating that police training hasn't altered their basic violent natures, they handcuff Alex, drive him out of town, march him into a wood, push his head into a cattle trough filled with filthy water, and beat him with their batons. They then remove the cuffs and leave him battered and gasping.

Just feel a bit of dread if I continued with my analogy.... Alex after having his treatment reversed finishing with the menacing 'I was cured all right' and the promise of a return to his original sociopathetic ways.

Never mind shares in jelly and ice cream and popcorn.

Buy shares in underwear. I have never seen such a wave of news that was had me pissing myself everyday this week. Just slow with the news.

Time to visit Primark at lunch again LoL

currently 'Rangers' seem to be at the stage of Alex DeLarge in A Clockwork Orange when everybody he crossed line up one by one to exact revenge for his previous misdeeds......

Alex returns home to find his parents plus a stranger (Clive Francis) sitting in the living room reading newspaper accounts of his release. He enters and tries to be friendly but is met only by awkward excuses. When he inquires about the stranger eating toast on the couch, his father tells him that the stranger is a lodger who can't be kicked out because he's already paid the next month's rent. Alex is upset but the lodger, who has ingratiated himself with Alex's parents, pushes the situation by castigating Alex for the things he did before going to prison and for breaking his parents' hearts. Before Alex can hit the lodger, his psychological conditioning kicks in leaving him gagging and fighting for air. When he has recovered, Alex storms out.

Alex later stares at the Thames river below a bridge, presumably contemplating suicide. He's approached by a bum seeking spare change. Alex fishes some cash from his pocket and hands it over. Then, taking a closer look, the bum recognizes Alex as the same guy who beat him in the subway tunnel two years earlier. Alex looks at the bum in horror and tries to escape, but is trapped in the very same tunnel by the bum and his elderly compatriots. They hit and kick Alex as he cowers on the ground, disabled by his conditioning. Two cops show up to break up the fight. To Alex's further horror, his rescuers turn out to be Dim and Georgie, two of his former droogs, who are now constables. Demonstrating that police training hasn't altered their basic violent natures, they handcuff Alex, drive him out of town, march him into a wood, push his head into a cattle trough filled with filthy water, and beat him with their batons. They then remove the cuffs and leave him battered and gasping.

Just feel a bit of dread if I continued with my analogy.... Alex after having his treatment reversed finishing with the menacing 'I was cured all right' and the promise of a return to his original sociopathetic ways.

have you swallowed a book by Kant?

I'll need to give it a go but I've just been too busy enjoying the Championship mate ;)

And so you should - even if it will be a tainted title... ;)

All those knots they've been all tying themselves in, from the Boardroom to Vicky's cellar, in order to maintain the myth - all coming undone in a glorious mess. Fucking lovely.

And the rangers' answer? Bring in m'learneds; because there's loads of spare cash just waiting to be spent on legal fees.

On a side note - not many berrz around today - is there a picnic on, or something? Maybe somebody should go down to the woods and check. :lol:

The alexander ruling - his contract said if McGregor left, now they all left the company and club. Under type rules his contract stays the same.. If McGregor leaves and he did...

Are they pushing for the spivs to make their own announcement of continuation prior to an admin event so they don't have to decide new or same club??

And of course they are meeting greedy Ally today. How can the board possibly agree anything with him? I presume they had assumed they would be getting the £250k from the SPFL and be part of their calculations. Now they aren't and can either fight it through the courts (takes lots of time) or take it on the chin (and whinge about it). The stupidity of the board members never ceases to amaze.

So even if if they agree to give Ally a small 6 figure sum to go now, can they afford it? If they do pay him off what else gives?

The only person we know of who can dig them out of this horrendous mess is Ashley.

And this is on the day Hearts move further away from madmen running their club http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30508052and the comments from Fraser Wishart are worth reading. "Ann Budge and her team have dealt with the matter in a courteous and professional manner, which has led to these debts being settled in a short period of time."

Look forward to the day people say Rangers were courteous or professional.

Not a co-ordinated campaign, I would've thought. Just lots of people seeing the flashing red danger signs for the NewCo and scrambling to get back some of the cash it owes them ASAP, in case it goes bust and screws all of its creditors all over again.

Edit: Although now I think of it, it's a canny game the SPFL are playing here right enough:

Pay the DeadCo's fine and keep your dubious claims of continuity, or fight us all the way by telling the world that you're a different club.

The latter is inevitably going to involve some high-profile figures at the NewCo arguing no connection, which - regardless of what you think about the "same club" stuff - is going to be very, very damaging to them with the fans.

Edited by flyingrodent