Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

OK; I must have done a Rip Van Winkle. Where did they get the 24 million from?

I'd like to know as well ? I'll wager the orcs if they see this will demand it be given to the club seeing as it obviously belongs to them. January 2015 WARCHEST :lol:

The £24 million was paid to BDO by Collyer Bristow after BDO raised a legal action against Collyer Bristow in respect of matters arising out of Craig Whyte obtaining the club with the aid of Gary Withey who was the lawyer acting for Whyte while employed by Collyer Bristow. CB reached a settlement of just over £24 million with BDO which is now part of the dividend that will be paid to the creditors. No doubt agreement reached and paid because Withey, Whyte etc were about to be charged with fraud.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30084838

Edited by youngsy

Rangers arguing in the Alexander tribunal that technically they are a new club so McGregor couldnt have transfered..................McGregor quit Rangers for Besiktas in 2012 after successfully terminating his contract when it was moved between two companies under TUPE regulation.

It is understood Rangers argued that McGregor did not technically "transfer" away from the club given the circumstances...

Hoisted by their own petard.

SPFL have withheld £250,000 from Rangers in prize money through club's liability to pay the EBT Commission fine.

Rangers appealing to SFA

The commission at the time imposed said fine on the oldco, although it was later reported the SPFL would consider pursuing newco for it.

Edited by sjc

The £24 million was paid to BDO by Collyer Bristow after BDO raised a legal action against Collyer Bristow in respect of matters arising out of Craig Whyte obtaining the club with the aid of Gary Withey who was the lawyer acting for Whyte while employed by Collyer Bristow. CB reached a settlement of just over £24 million with BDO which is now part of the dividend that will be paid to the creditors. No doubt agreement reached and paid because Withey, Whyte etc were about to be charged with fraud.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30084838

Thanks. I see it happened about a month ago. I've been too busy renovating a house to pursue my usual obsession. Please forgive my laxity. :)

Craig Paterson in the Daily Reichord

“I think we all realise that the game is struggling just now and we can’t find major sponsors and the media money is a pittance compared to that down south, so we all know that the game would benefit financially from a strong Rangers in the top division,”said Paterson. “They are a cash generator and our game is more marketable when they are in that league and most people in the game will be praying that they can get things sorted and get back into the Premiership

This pish is never going to stop unless they cease to exist or "get back to their rightful place".

I hope it's the former.

This pish is never going to stop unless they cease to exist or "get back to their rightful place".

I hope it's the former.

The only cash generator that Rangers have anything to do with is the pawn shop down the road.

That's laughable stuff from Paterson. Not unexpected, but a pile of shite all the same.

SPFL have withheld £250,000 from Rangers in prize money through club's liability to pay the EBT Commission fine.

Rangers appealing to SFA

The commission at the time imposed said fine on the oldco, although it was later reported the SPFL would consider pursuing newco for it.

They were fined over EBTs, I thought they were pure innocent an' 'at.

Rangers appealing to SFA

I really hope the 3rd iteration of these f***s is as funny!

11qsjkz.jpg

“I think we all realise that the game is struggling just now and we can’t find major sponsors and the media money is a pittance compared to that down south, so we all know that the game would benefit financially from a strong Rangers in the top division,”said Paterson. “They are a cash generator and our game is more marketable when they are in that league and most people in the game will be praying that they can get things sorted and get back into the Premiership

I hope it's the former.

No one could disagree that the traditional hegemony of Rangers (as was) and Celtic perpetually competing for the top two places was a Cash Generator - but hey, guess what? all the cash generated was immediately hoovered up by Rangers and Celtic.

And it still didn't stop Rangers 1872 careering off a cliff owing kazillions.

No one could disagree that the traditional hegemony of Rangers (as was) and Celtic perpetually competing for the top two places was a Cash Generator - but hey, guess what? all the cash generated was immediately hoovered up by Rangers and Celtic.

And it still didn't stop Rangers 1872 careering off a cliff owing kazillions.

Exactly. The (ex)Old Firm will argue the trickle-down effect - higher TV fees for all, for example - but, as you say, Rangers and Celtic just hoovered it up.

Exactly. The (ex)Old Firm will argue the trickle-down effect - higher TV fees for all, for example - but, as you say, Rangers and Celtic just hoovered it up.

Couldn't agree more, however this also happens in other leagues round the world. In England they build their marketing and sponorship around the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal et al. Go abroad and all the adverts are about them. Scudders the EP chairman was quoted the other month saying that Man U not being in the Champions damaged the EP "brand".

The whole Rangers disintegration just revealed how much the Scottish football authorities have built the whole the marketing and sponorship around one grubby derby match between Rangers and Celtic. At the moment the Scottish Prem is still a tight race-Celtic will probably pull away once they are pumped out of Europe ( I hope Celtic can stay in as long as possible) attendances are generally up with most clubs. In the Championship its still all to play for- and I think promotion and relegation will go down to the wire, so why is that being sold to the TV compainies like that? Because for the last 20 odd years all they have done is sold Rangers/Celtic and they can not get their pretty heads round any other concept.

As far as Rangers are concerned-fan ownership is the only way. I wonder if they have the patience for how long that would take-doubt it.

Rangers appealing to SFA

That'll be the SPFL's fee for legitimising the fantasy of a successor club entitled to all the airs and graces? I wonder what kind of cartwheels will turn at Hampden and elsewhere if there's an 'insolvency event' at the new club for creditor avoidance purposes that's the old club for sporting and marketing purposes.

Replace 'club 2' with 'old plc holding company' and it is crystal :)

Anyway, we have been through this before, the commission were very clear that the oldco were responsible for the fine.

That's the way I read it, Tedi. That said, did Charles Chuckles not open a door to taking responsibility for some of oldco's completely innocent and well intentioned misdemeanours when a deal was struck to allow a newco team's admission to the leagues?

Someone is playing a clever game here.

First the telfer decision is announced.

Bdo say they will claim for old co.

Then the rule breaking announcement re Ashley.

The alexander ruling - his contract said if McGregor left, now they all left the company and club. Under type rules his contract stays the same.. If McGregor leaves and he did...

And now the claim on footballing debts.

Are they pushing for the spivs to make their own announcement of continuation prior to an admin event so they don't have to decide new or same club??