Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Obviously a well run club with 45 to 50k fans would after a few years have more advantages than a well run Dundee United with say 10 - 15k fans(?) I think you underestimate Rangers fans , the vast majority want to see big changes in the way that club is run.

Yes, but I'm questioning whether the 45-50k would materialise without advantages already being in place.

Dundee United would love 10-15k btw.

No they don't..They just want a winning team regardless who owns/runs it.

Haud the bus, Clonners. Do I have to use my Micawber argument again?

I have said hunners of times that what the P&B Bears want is fiscal prudence, transparency and a balanced budget. The "For every fiver......etc" is so much last century.

We have learned from that. Shame on the Ps&Ds for not catching up with the zeitgeist.

Correct.

Rangers are a big club. The reality is however that despite having the country's 2nd biggest gates, Rangers' average during the first four seasons of the 80s was below 20,000. They'd been around 30,000 for most of the previous decade and climbed towards 40,000 into the later 80s and well beyond it in the 90s.

I'm not pretending that gates being affected by success is unique to Rangers, because it's not. I am however, challenging the suggestion that this loyalty is immune to the effects of on-field failure.

As far as I am ware rangers until the late 90s , early noughties and the expansion of parkhead had the highest attendances in Scotland most of the time previous to that . Regardless of 9 in a row success bar a low spell in the 80s , I may be mistaken. What was our average attendance compared to celtic during their 9 in a row

Ally says “…I’d love it if this was our last Petrofac Cup campaign and I mean that in the nicest possible way,” he said. “It maybe makes the game at Alloa that bit more special. “Winning it in our final year would be the ideal scenario…”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11269147/Rangers-manager-Ally-McCoist-braced-for-fire-sale.html

As far as I am ware rangers until the late 90s , early noughties and the expansion of parkhead had the highest attendances in Scotland most of the time previous to that . Regardless of 9 in a row success bar a low spell in the 80s , I may be mistaken. What was our average attendance compared to celtic during their 9 in a row

For the most part, the gates were similar during this period. In the late 60s, both averaged around the low 30,000s and took it in turns to attract slightly more than the other. Into the 70s the two figures got generally lower, although the relationship between the two remained much the same.

Rangers were undoubtedly better during Celtic's dominant spell than Celtic were during Rangers' though. Rangers won Cups during Celtic's best period and clocked up a European trophy for Goodness sake. Celtic spent six years without any kind of trophy when Rangers were on top though and only started finishing second towards the end of it.

Anyway, it's beside the point I'm making. Rangers' gates, as with most teams, suffer when they struggle.

Rangers when their winning and everything's rosey in the garden? Around 48k fans.

Rangers when they are playing in the lower leagues, playing in cup games, in financial trouble, not winning every week: around 18k fans.

Let's stop this attendance "debate" rangers have about 30k glory hunters. That's all you need to know.

I have said hunners of times that what the P&B Bears want is fiscal prudence, transparency and a balanced budget. The "For every fiver......etc" is so much last century.

I suspect you're right about most of the Rangers followers on here.

As has been established however, that's not a particularly representative group.

Rangers when their winning and everything's rosey in the garden? Around 48k fans.

Rangers when they are playing in the lower leagues, playing in cup games, in financial trouble, not winning every week: around 18k fans.

Let's stop this attendance "debate" rangers have about 30k glory hunters. That's all you need to know.

Too simple and not resilient to much scrutiny.

When playing in the lowest league, Rangers gates were colossal.

I think that glory hunting plays a huge part. I've maintained all along that the biggest test will come if they find themselves muddling around in mid-table in the top flight.

For the most part, the gates were similar during this period. In the late 60s, both averaged around the low 30,000s and took it in turns to attract slightly more than the other. Into the 70s the two figures got generally lower, although the relationship between the two remained much the same.

Rangers were undoubtedly better during Celtic's dominant spell than Celtic were during Rangers' though. Rangers won Cups during Celtic's best period and clocked up a European trophy for Goodness sake. Celtic spent six years without any kind of trophy when Rangers were on top though and only started finishing second towards the end of it.

Anyway, it's beside the point I'm making. Rangers' gates, as with most teams, suffer when they struggle.

That's fair enough MT, can't disagree with your point , when not performing the attendance does take a dive particularly if it is a run of seasons we or celtic for that matter are unsuccessful . Another interesting point is when you look at most teams record attendances aswell I would say roughly 6 times out of ten it is agains rangers and most times it happens to be between the 50s and sixties

Sorry what was our average attendance the last two years? As you well know this seasons attendance is down to a number of factors such as various boycotts and general poor standard of play

Excellent. We've all had a slap on the wrist and told to play nice. And what's the result?

Fucking crowdwanking. Jesus!

Is this horse of Charlie's going to be any good, then?

Sorry Norman we are having a reasonably civilised debate/discussion about attendances. Feel free to join in or leave