Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

BBC story of that here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30016946

Be interesting to see where this is going to lead to.

it SHOULD lead to all the other clubs that Rangers 2012 are competing against approaching the SFA / SPFL and asking 'exactly WTF is going on here and what is the point of even trying to make progress on this grotesquely uneven playing field?'

All diddy clubs may not like it but accept that they will never have the financial muscle of The Large Glasgow Clubs, but it is plainly evident that the Rangers 2012 are spending way beyond their means - and the authorities should be calling them to account on behalf of ALL the clubs.

something about Sporting Integrity,eh? ;)

Edited by Ken Fitlike

I've not commented on this thread before (at least I don't think so, 6000+ pages is a bit much to check) but I just don't understand how Rangers can keep on doing this to themselves. If other teams with far less resources can run on an even keel why are Rangers so spectacularly bad at it?

Not the best start to your first post in this thread. :lol: It gets posters especially the more suspicious ones questioning ''eh!..now wait a goddam minute!!'','' he says that and has Pollok as his team!!'', (this doesn't compute) ''now which team does he really support?''.

On your question, its just down to pure greed and self interest on the part of everyone involved at Rangers.

Edited by CityDave

Not the best start to your first post in this thread. :lol: It gets posters especially the more suspicious ones questioning ''eh!..now wait a goddam minute!!'','' he says that and has Pollok as his team!!'', (this doesn't compute) ''now which team does he really support?''.

It's alright, going by some posters in the Premiership forum, it seems you just pick a random member and I'm their alias.

If it helps, I hold both Rangers and Celtic in equal contempt.

I've not commented on this thread before (at least I don't think so, 6000+ pages is a bit much to check) but I just don't understand how Rangers can keep on doing this to themselves. If other teams with far less resources can run on an even keel why are Rangers so spectacularly bad at it?

Because their fans wouldn't accept it?

When they were in the 3rd Division can you imagine the seethe if they actually did what everyone else (and to be fair, some of their own fans) said and signed only the level of player that would 'guarantee' the title, a la Gretna some years previous?

They wouldn't have liked it.

Edited by H Wragg

It's alright, going by some posters in the Premiership forum, it seems you just pick a random member and I'm their alias.

If it helps, I hold both Rangers and Celtic in equal contempt.

If you read my post, I'm just 2nd guessing the reaction from some posters of that mindset, I think we had this conversation a few months ago on a Dundee related thread. It is quite possible to support a Juniors team without having a 'big team'. Back in the days when I supported a Highland League club and then later when ICT were in the lower leagues, I was asked ''Yes, but who do you really support?'' a lot.

Probably best if you only venture in here once in a while, if you get exposed to this thread for too long it does crazy things to your brain.

brain-jelly-red.jpg

Edited by CityDave

What do you expect from a business that claims it came out of liquidation. Sound business planning?

I think a measure is also down to the utter contempt they hold their fanbase. Wave a shiny, shiny in their faces and they'll all come stomping back. T - 2 weeks before the orange top release.

it seems that everyone has completely missed out on the part where ashley giving up the naming rights to Ibrox?

Rangers: Mike Ashley increases loan to Rangers by £1m

Mike Ashley has increased his loan to Rangers by £1m, as the club revealed the Newcastle owner's Sports Direct firm has given up the naming rights to Ibrox Stadium as part of a new retail partnership agreement.
Ashley had initially agreed to loan the club £2m, but in a statement to the Stock Exchange, Rangers revealed "further working capital" in addition to the £3m "will be needed before the end of the year".
Rangers sold the naming rights to Sports Direct for £1 in 2012.

it seems that everyone has completely missed out on the part where ashley giving up the naming rights to Ibrox?

Mike Ashley has increased his loan to Rangers by £1m, as the club revealed the Newcastle owner's Sports Direct firm has given up the naming rights to Ibrox Stadium as part of a new retail partnership agreement.

Ashley had initially agreed to loan the club £2m, but in a statement to the Stock Exchange, Rangers revealed "further working capital" in addition to the £3m "will be needed before the end of the year".

Or maybe Chuckie didn't have the right to sell the name of a stadium he may never have owned....dun dun dun.... bring on the Bomber.

;)

What do the naming rights matter if he 'acquires' the brand rights? Not saying that this has happened and i admit this is a good thing for bears but, don't believe for a second that this is anything other than a sop at best or more likely a distraction.

What do the naming rights matter if he 'acquires' the brand rights? Not saying that this has happened and i admit this is a good thing for bears but, don't believe for a second that this is anything other than a sop at best or more likely a distraction.

no I am not saying wether it is a good or bad thing , although at the moment it seems to be a good thing, I was just simply stating that the topic had not been brought up yet and was surprised at this.