Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They don't usually take the money out this early and i am thinking Alloa have asked for the money upfront.

It would be the sensible thing for us to do, but it still seems early. Perhaps Rangers just tweaking dates to help their cashflow?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-fury-mike-ashley-4167651?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-ferguson-biggest-mistake-mike-4167681?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I know supporters are worried because I’ve had people I’ve never met before coming up to me in the street over these last few days, asking me what’s going on and admitting they’re at their wits end.

They deserve better. But if King is not about to ride to their rescue then maybe Ashley IS the answer.

And maybe, despite all of the fear and anxiety right now, one day they will look back on this as the start of ANOTHER new beginning.

Interesting twist. Even more interesting, after our discussions yesterday, to read that Sports Direct own 49% of Rangers Retail but have an option to buy the other 51% at a "knockdown price" (Keith Jackson)

Its entirely possible, I would say, that Rangers Retail could be sold to Ashley and therefore survive any insolvency event the club/company might go through.

Anyone know who owns the brand/image rights? The club, or the retail operation?

Interesting twist. Even more interesting, after our discussions yesterday, to read that Sports Direct own 49% of Rangers Retail but have an option to buy the other 51% at a "knockdown price" (Keith Jackson)

Its entirely possible, I would say, that Rangers Retail could be sold to Ashley and therefore survive any insolvency event the club/company might go through.

Anyone know who owns the brand/image rights? The club, or the retail operation?

Onerous contracts possibly continuing through the survival of one of the parent company's subsidiary companies being made safe from liquidation. I'd like to ask the berz, and Adonis, is it starting to make sense yet?

This is fantastic, even if this version of the club survives they have sold everything that the fans would consider to make up Rangers.

Even their fucking identity.

'Mon the spivs.

I would say the club, however that will not stop the likes of dhen and philmcmadeupname inventing other possibilities, which will undoubtedly then sucker certain types in.

Suckering certain types. That has been the spivs business plan for the last couple of years. It's been like taking candy from a baby for them.

You certain types are soooo easy to fleece.

WATP and all that jazz :thumsup2

I would say the club, however that will not stop the likes of dhen and philmcmadeupname inventing other possibilities, which will undoubtedly then sucker certain types in.

Ouch! Thats me told :lol:

Do you not think there is anything even remotely dodgy, under-hand or even just secret going on that might affect the future of your club?

Like a secret pact with Peter L, Charlie Green, Craigy White and the RTC blogger, all underwritten by the vatican?

Entirely plausible Mr X.

No. Like a bunch of men mainly in it for what they can get out personally irrespective of what happens to the club.

Its serious deja vu time here. Things are happening at your club, yet its the fans of the other clubs asking questions and hypothesising whats going on that no-one knows about. All the while, the Rangers fans sit with their fingers in their ears going "la la la la"

Baffling.

You would have to provide an plausible example.

For 2 days you have been speculating about 'image and brand' ownership based purely on rumours started by a mad blogger who does not even know his own name and a poster on P & B who suckered you in just a few days ago with non existent SPFL rules.

The IP is clearly owned by Rangers, this is not a rumour, it is fact clearly shown in the link I provided, now if you wish to speculate on what happens to that IP in the event of an insolvency event then I would from personal experience suggest that any lawyer worth their salt would recommend that the IP ownership is transferred when the contract is drawn up and that Rangers would be able to continue to use that IP, this if course would prevent these contracts being ripped up in the event of liquidation, the fact that this has not been done makes the whole scenario seem improbable. You may also note (if you have read Phil`s blog) that he suggests that the IP is owned by CG, again the link I provided clearly shows that this is total bullshit, I also believe the prospectus made it clear who owner the IP.

So, what you're saying is that until something actually real happens you dont want to discuss it? Of course, by that time its happened and its too late to do anything about it. Much like liquidation and Green buying the club.

If you seriously arent interested in discussing what Ashley, or King, the Rangers BoD or the mysterious backers end game is and what implications that might have on your club, fair enough. But you could, at least, be gracious enough not to try and mock those who are.

Oh, and maybe you should check the status of those IPs you provided a link to ;)

We are discussing it.

If I was not interested in discussing it then I would simply ignore you, instead of providing genuine links and arguments based on what might happen, it is a shame you seem intent on ignoring this.

I did, on the important (ownership) part, 1 is disputed and will probably have something to do with the publicised case with the R.F.C. case.

Your first response was to cite some ludicrous conspiracy theory. You gave the distinct impression that you werent interested in discussing it.

This might be a stupid question, but whats the point of owning a dead IP?

ETA - the link you posted to was for Rangers plc, who own a bunch of dead IPs. The owners now, would appear to be Rangers Ltd. I genuinely dont remember which is what

Edited by Mr X

Why are rangers fans being urged not to shop in sports direct? Because green sold the naming rights for a pound?

That's hardly mike Ashley's fault, he's a businessman after all.

As if the average knuckledragging Rangers fans could last five minutes without multi-packs of white sports socks and their unique range in Kappa tracksuit bottoms anyway.

Perhaps Philmcmadeupname would have been wise to do an IP search

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmownerid/search?domain=1&id=267202&app=1&name=rangers&postcode=

LMFAO Tedi's proof backfires again, the patent office says Rangers are DEAD