Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I used to go to Yorkshire quite often. I like the area around Whitby and Filey although i hated Bridlington and not so keen on Scarborough. Another place i went to was Pickering and that surrounding area and some wee village called Constable Burton. Yep i had great times in Yorkshire.

off topic (hey, what here isn't) i used to go quite alot too, the walk along riley beach was amazing. I liked Scarborough beach as a youngster and the Pickering traction rally with the steam engines was something else.

as a kid bridlington swimming pool was a great place.

went back to Scarborough a few years back, didn't get a chance to see everything i remembered sadly.

I used to go to Yorkshire quite often. I like the area around Whitby and Filey although i hated Bridlington and not so keen on Scarborough. Another place i went to was Pickering and that surrounding area and some wee village called Constable Burton. Yep i had great times in Yorkshire.

Funnily enough we got some good news today. She has the chance to go to Argyll and our place of choice would be Lochgilphead. Property prices are decent and we know the area well as we camp/holiday at a small village called Tayvallich on Loch Sween on a regular basis. Anybody looking for a getaway from it all weekend i recommend they google it. I also know they are in dire need of a taxi driver or two ;)

Agree with the assessment of the coast - The northern part is great (a mate used to have a pub in Whitby, great for weekends), but Brid is full of jakeys and everyone in Scarborough has their hand in your pocket the minute you arrive. Flamborough Head is worth a visit, though - loads of Nature's bottle-openers...

Puffin-Skomer-island-Pembrokeshire-Wales

Anyway, I hope you get what you want - Argyll is a lovely part of the world as well. Mind you, after Paisley... ;)

Whether you think the EBT result is a joke is neither here nor there, you're opinion on the verdict isn't in any way relevant. The FTT found for the PLC, that is irrefutable. As for any CVA being accepted or not, leaving aside the EBT potential, if Whyte hadn't withheld PAYE from HMRC there is a fair chance a CVA would have been accepted, the fact that Whyte fraudulently withheld such a sum was the major factor in HMRC pushing for liquidation of the PLC.

This, the verdict is what it is and by law this is the one that is reality.

And as for suggesting they reached that verdict because the oldco was in liquidation, fuckin hell, I doubt even Mad Phil would come up with something as daft as this, some people will clutch on to anything I guess.

Would it be helpful to mention the "deliberate and sustained rule breaking" that has been conveniently left on the cutting room floor of this approved history (King Billy Edition 2014)?

You know my thoughts, I blame the individual fans and both of you personally for The TheRangersSaga, I think you brought it on yourselves. During the Whyte era anyone with any influence or responsibility either ran away and hid or lashed out at the rest of the footballing world. Whyte did the things he did because you let him.

You knew damn well he was a snake, before you let him in. Oh yeah. Hmmmmmm

Took the kids tenting in that area .. think the park was called Blue Dolphin (nr Scaraborough). Used the tent to crash at nights, saved a fortune on hotel rooms and used that to eat out (expensive with two hungry kids). Think the amusement park closest was called Flamingo land? But did Bridlington and Scarborough beaches .. great time. Weather was great .. did the old railway line somewhere around there?

Weather was great so we stayed a few extra days ..

camped at the other haven site primrose valley and camped at flamingoland itself.

weather was always great if i remember right. Maybe a place to take any kids i have in future

Funnily enough we got some good news today. She has the chance to go to Argyll and our place of choice would be Lochgilphead. Property prices are decent and we know the area well as we camp/holiday at a small village called Tayvallich on Loch Sween on a regular basis. Anybody looking for a getaway from it all weekend i recommend they google it. I also know they are in dire need of a taxi driver or two ;)

I would urge you very carefully to think before moving to somewhere like Lochgilphead. These places are ok for a wee holiday but not so much to live in.

Friend of mine started a business in Lochgilphead a good few years ago. The business was a success but he only lasted 3 years before going stir crazy and moving back to a city!

I would urge you very carefully to think before moving to somewhere like Lochgilphead. These places are ok for a wee holiday but not so much to live in.

Friend of mine started a business in Lochgilphead a good few years ago. The business was a success but he only lasted 3 years before going stir crazy and moving back to a city!

If we go we will keep our wee flat here and rent out to somebody we know. I know i will always have a job here to come back to but it is a case of nothing ventured and all that. It would be great for our daughter and the schools are excellent. At the moment it is in the early stages but tbh we rarely go out here. Although both brought up in Cities/large towns we are both more outdoor kind of people and i enjoy my golf(i am crap but i enjoy the walk) Hillwalking..sea kayaking..bird watching..i am just taking up photography. It has a lot to offer. I suppose it just depends what you are after. Of course it could all go pear shaped and we may well end up back down the road but at least then i will have tried it. I think i would always regret not giving it a go. Thanks for the warning though..its good to get other peoples opinion

Just googled Flamborough Head. It reminded me why i loved that part of the country. I also like the Nothumberland Coast line. Beautiful unspoilt beaches at Bamburgh/Beadnel/Holy Island. I might even head of with my daughter this weekend with tent as the wife is finishing her final essay. It is probably safer as she tends to get a little stressed near deadline day (i am sure there will be a joke in that) for her eassy

A sadly deleted thread on the swamp today had the opening gambit........

Neverwalkingawy

On The Bench

Default The Celtic mindset is corrupt.

Many years ago when I was travelling on a train, a young Afro Caribbean man came and sat next to me. Nothing extraordinary in that you might say, except he had his walkman on and it was far too loud. I swear it could be heard at the other end of the carriage. I politely asked him to turn the music down and despite several courteous requests, he ignored me completely and behaved as if I didn't exist.

At that point my patience finally broke and I summoned the guard to remove him. To cut a long story short, an argument then ensued with our friend accusing me of being racist. I may be a lot of things, but a racist I am not. He had cutely calculated that the mere utterance of the word racism, would be enough to silence me. Seeing that I was not giving ground, he backed down as he could not supply any actual evidence of racism and slid off to hide in another compartment.

That incident might serve as a metaphor for modern Scotland. Two people having an argument, one being right (honest, straight, dignified), the other being mendacious, cheap and sneaky. The rest of the compartment (Scotland) looked on and said nothing. No doubt they didn't want to get involved.

You could quite easily substitute that young Afro Caribbean guy for any Celtic supporter. They had exactly the same characteristics. The ability to be eternal victims, the need to draw attention to themselves in a low and vulgar way. The attention deficiency is also shared. However, the similarities only go so far. Afro Caribbean people HAVE been discriminated down the centuries and clearly the clown on the train was not truly representative of black people in Britain who are well behaved and know their place in a highly structured society. Afro Caribbean people want to integrate and make a contribution to Great Britain. Celtic supporters however are pledged to a foreign country and bend the knee for a foreign pontiff.They do not want to be part of any United Kingdom, but see themselves as oppressed and beaten down.

It is amusing too that Celtic supporters ally themselves with obscure 'causes', many of which they know absolutely nothing. The more violent and crazed the cause, the more it is embraced by the Celtic fanatics.
They are dismissive of authority and government, but are quick to benefit from state aid and grants. Frankly they have no shame. Their reaction to Rangers plight in the last few years has been as predictable as it has been poisonous. Celtic and Rangers don't like each other, let us be honest. However, there has been an element of self destruction in their behaviour.
I can honestly say that if the shoe was on the other foot, we would enjoy it but we would not descend to their level of vitriol.

Deep down they know they need us, their stadium is half empty (and that is being kind) because their fans need somebody to hate. That is their sole reason for existing. If we (God forbid) went out of business, they would follow shortly afterwards. You have to ask the question, what sort of people are they?

Hopefully that young Afro Caribbean man has turned his life around, after all poverty and ignorance and other social influences probably resulted in his anti-social behaviour. Celtic supporters have no such excuse, they have managed to climb the greasy pole in Scotland. They are now over represented in the professions: law, medicine, finance and yet even that is not enough for them. They want more and more and more. They want total domination of Scottish society where their beliefs are the only beliefs. The coming vote for Independence will be fascinating as it will reveal the extent to which their militant Republicanism has infiltrated our society. I have a feeling that the "no' campaign will prevail and common sense will act. The abandonment of Her Majesty as well as the Houses of Parliament, is just to scary to contemplate.
Two clubs, two traditions. Aye right and aye ready. Save our club and save our country. Fellow bears, do the right thing when the vote comes.

Is the starting point not the beginning to Trading Places?

I see things have moved on from the daily squabbles to an impromptu edition of Location, Location, Location today :lol::P;)

I was stuck behind a Van today on the A737 from Buckhaven...safe to say we wont be moving there. :P

Edited by No8.

It is No 8 (both of them) .................Lochgilphead has one of the looney toons hospitals........ ;)

Took the kids tenting in that area .. think the park was called Blue Dolphin (nr Scaraborough). Used the tent to crash at nights, saved a fortune on hotel rooms and used that to eat out (expensive with two hungry kids). Think the amusement park closest was called Flamingo land? But did Bridlington and Scarborough beaches .. great time. Weather was great .. did the old railway line somewhere around there?

Weather was great so we stayed a few extra days ..

Tenting who f**k calls camping tenting lol

It is No 8 (both of them) .................Lochgilphead has one of the looney toons hospitals........ ;)

Is there a 'Looney Toon' Hospital? Never knew that must be up at the new Hospital...Great news. NHS contracts and Social Work Contracts are where the money is when it comes to Taxiing