Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As things stand at the moment I am not going back. I am certainly not going back to Ibrox on a regular basis or anything like it. I am absolutely disgusted with those who have renewed and tbh i don't want to share the same stadium as them. They are welcome to the club. I know one supporter who renewed and keeps saying it doesn't matter if Green and Whyte make money or get the stadium because if it wasn't for them there would be no Rangers.

I may go to the odd away game but right now i just feel empty and completely fed up with the whole sorry fiasco. Was talking about it earlier to a well known Rangers supporter who like me hasn't missed a game at Ibrox in years..Once i have missed that first one and broken the run it will be much easier to find other things to fill my time.

When this has all played out i cant see it really changing the way i feel. It will never be the same again...I always felt part of the support and part of the 'Rangers Family' but no more. I ll miss it of course to start with but i am sure i ll carry on with my life regardless. My missus is about to graduate as a Midwife and i had said i ll move anywhere as long as it is no further than two hours drive from Ibrox..I think it is safe to say we can move anywhere in the country now..I believe North Yorkshire is nice this time of year.

No knee jerk reaction...Wont be changing my mind...Just a life long Rangers supporter who has been completely worn down by the whole sorry saga.

It's surprising the amount of fans who swallow the P.R and take it as gospel.

The clubs finished, the damage that has been done is far too great to rectify. Long term contracts which are crippling the club, Whytes claims on the club, the neglect of coaching and scouting systems etc.

Our fans have woken up far too late.

should chris suttton now be called "the" chris sutton ?

can we have a big chris sutton admin/liquidation thread please,

would love all these fiancial experts on this threads opinion on the matter.

It alwasy amazes when guys like him who've earned millions end up skint.

Fitba players eh...

Not going to mock, if it were Rovers I'd be doing exactly the same. Believe me, around the Anelka time and when we were run by the weegie gangsters I was very very very close.

After all, it's only football. Rangers is currently not being run for the benefit of the team or the fans, it's about creaming as much money as possible and it is absolutely disgusting that it's being allowed to happen under license from the SFA.

Walking away is absolutely the right thing to do here.

Agreed.

Love all the pointing and laughing and I am keen for the humiliation to continue. However if the dream of there being nothing left but a smoking hole in the ground, some folk in jail and all those memories isn't going to come to pass, then the goal is for there to a be a team, probably called rangers, probably in glasgow, no doubt in blue (maybe in orange) being run properly, not cheating, not stealing, acting in the best interests of the game and displaying the nation and it's favourite sport in a positive light. For that to happen, walking away right now is the correct course of action. The issue is, quite a lot would have to not come back too.

Tedi, we seriously disagree on a number of points but it deeply saddens me to think that for you no rangers = no football. I watched not far off 9 hours of live football this weekend, none of it involving my team and lets be fair, there hasn't been many end of season "big games" for the dons recently, but I have still watched most cup finals over the last 20 years.

I would be distraught if the dons did a sevco, and utterly embarrassed if my club was in the state newbunz are in now. But the idea of giving up football just because my team isn't there is like giving up eating food because marmite had been banned. I just don't get it mate.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Good luck and all the best if you do go this route.

Doesn't change the fact it's something you really should have done when the club died and stiffed all those innocent creditors.

you had a go at me for not renewing my season ticket and going game by game in Greens season.

Last season you had a go at me because i refused to give that lot a penny.

And finally how can someone who calls Whyte - The Hero, have the audacity to post about "innocent creditors"?

I do not think it is wishful thinking, they are football fans not company fans, to many it really is as simple as 'if it walks like a duck' and of course they were still going along to watch a team called Middlesbrough with the same faces, strips, of course you cannot blame them for thinking nothing had changed, of course the lack of rival fan interest in declaring them deid would have helped, however none of this changed what happened, it is a part of their history and one like you say they are now in danger of repeating.

There is no doubt they entered liquidation .. but the rules were different back then .. there were no CVA's and I think the final nail in the coffin of the process was not reached.

Middlesborough had to pay the entire debt lodged with liquidators, every creditor was paid in full. Rangers chose to default.

Yeah I think you are right on that - looks like they had to pay all creditors 100 pence in the pound - the new company was actually a genuine restructuring rather than a mechanism to avoid debt.

Interesting that they took on the '1986' crest voluntarily then - they actually wanted it to serve as a momento of their close call, and a sign that they were entering 'a new era':

borologo00uk-1.jpg

You really come across as a very bitter person with an inherent hatred of the only person who steped up to the plate and tried to save your club. You seem ungratful to the man who done his utmost to keep Rangers from dying and when he failed you turned on him, shame on you.

P.S. just for shits and giggles could you please tell us how much you and your family lost?

Aye, very good Umbungo, that's the best i've heard about Whyte," he stepped up to the plate", very good indeed and top marks to you for such inventiveness. Rather more realistic is the fact he was in it solely for himself, not anyone else, irrespective of what damage he did too many. But hey as i said top marks for inventiveness.

He carried free advertising for Calgon ;-) for long enough, he's nice that way

I might have known that you'd be behind that mob. At a few games this season those lovely folk tried to talk us out of going to games, they were told to do one in the nicest possible way.

Oh i've just checked back and confirmed that you've had a few goes at me for not going to Ibrox this season, just a little bit two faced of you...

(i wonder if the posts will be deleted now)

Jesus, you just can't help yourself, can you?

I've never deleted any posts, as you well know - other than duplicates. Unlike yourself, when you suddenly realised you'd admitted to not having been near ibrox all season. Shame someone got in quick and quoted that little pearl, wasn't it?

You'll no doubt have bookmarked those posts of mine you refer to - so let's have a look, then, and see what the context was. I've never shied away from defending my input, and I'm not going to start now.

I have a soft spot for Arbroath as I do for Dundee and St.Johnstone, been to a few home games for each club over the past few seasons, was also at the Killie v Dundee game at the start of last season, I certainly do not support them though.

No If your ultimate dream comes true and Rangers disappear forever then my love for the game will die with them.

Hang on a minute. You wouldn't love a Game* without rangers in it. Why, then, pay to watch matches not involving rangers - not even affecting them indirectly, at that?

*As in the sport as a whole.

Jesus, you just can't help yourself, can you?

I've never deleted any posts, as you well know - other than duplicates. Unlike yourself, when you suddenly realised you'd admitted to not having been near ibrox all season. Shame someone got in quick and quoted that little pearl, wasn't it?

You'll no doubt have bookmarked those posts of mine you refer to - so let's have a look, then, and see what the context was. I've never shied away from defending my input, and I'm not going to start now.

What the f**k are you on about?

That makes absolutely no sense at all...

you had a go at me for not renewing my season ticket and going game by game in Greens season.

Last season you had a go at me because i refused to give that lot a penny.

And finally how can someone who calls Whyte - The Hero, have the audacity to post about "innocent creditors"?

Most of the time, people have a go at you because you have gone for the ad hominem option immediately.

Many nicknames have been born throughout this saga, some affectionate, some ironic, some insulting. For instance - Fat Salary, Chuckie Cheese, Agent Whyte, Vicky the Viking... :lol:

Most of the time, people have a go at you because you have gone for the ad hominem option immediately.

Many nicknames have been born throughout this saga, some affectionate, some ironic, some insulting. For instance - Fat Salary, Chuckie Cheese, Agent Whyte, Vicky the Viking... :lol:

Again i have to ask what the f**k are you on about?

What the f**k are you on about?

That makes absolutely no sense at all...

Makes perfect sense - let's see these occasions where I've had a go at you.

Or to simplify - either back up your claim, or fúck off, you slimy little lying weasel. Yet again, you drag yourself out of the cellar and the quality on here goes through the fucking floor.

as much as the current situation causes concern, both sides of the argument king and the uof and the rangers board use fear as a weapon to sway the supporters. king and the uof with their continued pressing of the board over the future of murray park and ibrox and the rangers board with their own form of armageddon on if supporters don't buy season tickets or they could be putting the club in a desperate position.

the board i'm sure will continue to help themselves regardless.

It's not just fear - it's a lack of information, and an amount of spin that could send ibrox into orbit. None of this lot are willing to tell the whole truth about the matter - G&S hasn't opened his mouth at all for how long now? And he's supposed to be the saviour.

Makes perfect sense - let's see these occasions where I've had a go at you.

Or to simplify - either back up your claim, or fúck off, you slimy little lying weasel. Yet again, you drag yourself out of the cellar and the quality on here goes through the fucking floor.

it made absolutely no sense at all, just another angry rant from an angry man. ( a bit like what you've just posted)

it made absolutely no sense at all, just another angry rant from an angry man. ( a bit like what you've just posted)

If it still doesn't make sense to you, it's probably a good idea for you to enrol in some comprehension lessons and let the adults discuss in an adult manner.

If it still doesn't make sense to you, it's probably a good idea for you to enrol in some comprehension lessons and let the adults discuss in an adult manner.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Anyway, I think it would be entirely acceptable for me to fall out of love with the game if the team I have supported all my life ceased to exist entirely,

But dream on, because this just aint going to happen.

Well, by your logic on the club surviving liquidation - This can't happen - as long as there is anyone ready to 'reform' the club.

The trouble might well arise from multiple entities doing this, and each claiming the 'history' of Rangers 1873 - what could each do to deny the others?