Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Do not think I have ever suggested I would not attend matches, I have been pretty consistent that I would pay and attend game by game, however I do firmly believe that the best chance of forcing change is to starve the club of cash and for this reason I may well revise that to away games only, not decided yet.

There have been many well organised protests, the various fan groups with the exception of VB are also united and have issued many well worded statements, so far these have failed to have any effect.

The club is not for sale and the shareholders will not sell (for a sensible market value) nor will they accept investment by the way of share dilution.

The fans (who are just ordinary folk with limited resources) are doing as much as they can IMO, what other changes would you suggest?

Go watch Hearts :lol:

Do not think I have ever suggested I would not attend matches, I have been pretty consistent that I would pay and attend game by game, however I do firmly believe that the best chance of forcing change is to starve the club of cash and for this reason I may well revise that to away games only, not decided yet.

There have been many well organised protests, the various fan groups with the exception of VB are also united and have issued many well worded statements, so far these have failed to have any effect.

The club is not for sale and the shareholders will not sell (for a sensible market value) nor will they accept investment by the way of share dilution.

The fans (who are just ordinary folk with limited resources) are doing as much as they can IMO, what other changes would you suggest?

Run.

Drop all pretentions to any historical link and let the spivs and gangsters sit in their empty stadium and watch them try to salvage any of their "investment" (which will be from loaned funds from somewhere of course). Give them their massive white elephant and let it drown them.

Start again elsewhere. Start small, forget Celtic, build steadily for the future knowing that a considerable fanbase exists as the new club gets stronger and laugh endlessly at Easedale and Co as they implode with rage amongst eachother?

Just theorising for ya ;)

You know it's bad news when both the board and the union of fans put out equally woeful statements to the point where you can't distinguish which group are worse.

The union of fans are pointless, they seem to think they have a voice but they clearly don't.

If they were as powerful as they thought they would have made some headway with this mob.

Oh and while all this banter is going back and forward on this thread boring us all to tears how about this idea.

The thread gets shut until some concrete news is released not blog posts and hearsay, then the mods open it up and it can commence.

This back and forth based on old news and utter guff posted on twitter /blogs is brain rot.

On 2 May 2013 the Daily Telegraph reported that, following a loss of £8.8 million in the first quarter of 2013, Metro Bank's pre-tax losses had exceeded £100 million in less than three years since its launch, but the bank states these are planned for[9] and "a result of its growth initiatives".[4] In an interview with the Financial Times, Hill said the bank was "...in line with the business plan to rapidly grow this company,” he added. "Our primary goal is to expand the business . . . and profit certainly will come."

You couldn`t make it up...

On 2 May 2013 the Daily Telegraph reported that, following a loss of £8.8 million in the first quarter of 2013, Metro Bank's pre-tax losses had exceeded £100 million in less than three years since its launch, but the bank states these are planned for[9] and "a result of its growth initiatives".[4] In an interview with the Financial Times, Hill said the bank was "...in line with the business plan to rapidly grow this company,” he added. "Our primary goal is to expand the business . . . and profit certainly will come."

You couldn`t make it up...

Said new Ibrox spokesman...... MetroBear...

post-35393-0-32397600-1400496895_thumb.j

Meanwhile......Wallace and Crighton nip down to their local MetroBank cash machine (conveniently located in LONDON) to get some more cash out to buy up another 25,000 season tickets...

post-35393-0-32934600-1400497315_thumb.j

Edited by GreenockRover

a couple of intriguing questions in Hansard, be interesting to see what he thought was dodgy about the owner:

Banks: Metro Bank

Questions

Asked by Lord Myners (Banking committee Chairman)

To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether the appointment of Mr Vernon Hill as chairman of Metro Bank has received Financial Services Authority (FSA) approval; whether the FSA has previously rejected or discouraged the appointment of Mr Hill to that position; and if so, what were the reasons for doing so.[HL4373]

22 Jan 2013 : Column WA190

The Commercial Secretary to the Treasury (Lord Deighton): This issue is a matter for the Financial Services Authority (FSA). This question has been passed on to the FSA, which will reply directly by letter. A copy of the response will be placed in the Library of the House.

Asked by Lord Myners

To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they have investigated, or have any plans to investigate, loans and transactions between Metro Bank and its directors and their associates.[HL4374]

Lord Deighton: This is a matter for the Financial Services Authority (FSA), whose day-to-day operations are independent from government control and influence. This question has been passed on to the FSA, which will reply directly by letter. A copy of the response will be placed in the Library of the House.

As things stand at the moment I am not going back. I am certainly not going back to Ibrox on a regular basis or anything like it. I am absolutely disgusted with those who have renewed and tbh i don't want to share the same stadium as them. They are welcome to the club. I know one supporter who renewed and keeps saying it doesn't matter if Green and Whyte make money or get the stadium because if it wasn't for them there would be no Rangers.

I may go to the odd away game but right now i just feel empty and completely fed up with the whole sorry fiasco. Was talking about it earlier to a well known Rangers supporter who like me hasn't missed a game at Ibrox in years..Once i have missed that first one and broken the run it will be much easier to find other things to fill my time.

When this has all played out i cant see it really changing the way i feel. It will never be the same again...I always felt part of the support and part of the 'Rangers Family' but no more. I ll miss it of course to start with but i am sure i ll carry on with my life regardless. My missus is about to graduate as a Midwife and i had said i ll move anywhere as long as it is no further than two hours drive from Ibrox..I think it is safe to say we can move anywhere in the country now..I believe North Yorkshire is nice this time of year.

No knee jerk reaction...Wont be changing my mind...Just a life long Rangers supporter who has been completely worn down by the whole sorry saga.

As things stand at the moment I am not going back. I am certainly not going back to Ibrox on a regular basis or anything like it. I am absolutely disgusted with those who have renewed and tbh i don't want to share the same stadium as them. They are welcome to the club. I know one supporter who renewed and keeps saying it doesn't matter if Green and Whyte make money or get the stadium because if it wasn't for them there would be no Rangers.

I may go to the odd away game but right now i just feel empty and completely fed up with the whole sorry fiasco. Was talking about it earlier to a well known Rangers supporter who like me hasn't missed a game at Ibrox in years..Once i have missed that first one and broken the run it will be much easier to find other things to fill my time.

When this has all played out i cant see it really changing the way i feel. It will never be the same again...I always felt part of the support and part of the 'Rangers Family' but no more. I ll miss it of course to start with but i am sure i ll carry on with my life regardless. My missus is about to graduate as a Midwife and i had said i ll move anywhere as long as it is no further than two hours drive from Ibrox..I think it is safe to say we can move anywhere in the country now..I believe North Yorkshire is nice this time of year.

No knee jerk reaction...Wont be changing my mind...Just a life long Rangers supporter who has been completely worn down by the whole sorry saga.

That sounds familiar. Oh aye and the guy who said it, got absolute pelters for it. I believe he moved to Edinburgh and intends to go see Hearts.

Edited by Apache Don

Middlesborough? Now there's a club determined to live within it's means, after their own near-death experience:

Perhaps Middlesbrough was a turning point, of sorts. It took football clubs a long time to catch up with the fundamental change to insolvency law that came with the Insolvency Act of 1986, and a further change would come in 2002, which made it possible for a director and, crucially, the holder of a floating charge over the company’s whole property to apply for appointment of an administrator out of court, whereas they had to go to court to do so prior to this. For Middlesbrough Football Club, the nightmare summer of 1986 is now a fading memory, but it is at least one that seems unlikely to be repeated in the future, thanks in no small part to Steve Gibson’s stewardship of their club.

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=14955

^^^ Walking away ^^^

You appear to have misinterpreted my role here. Not here to help, just to point and laugh. Hope that clears up any misunderstanding. HTH Oops :o

4YhhvwJ.gif

That sounds familiar. Oh aye and the guy who said it, got absolute pelters for it. I believe he moved to Edinburgh and intends to go see Hearts.

He never got pelters for not going back...He got pelters(mild pelters) for changing the team he supports Rangers to Hearts.