Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes yes, I know what you were trying to say but I was just wondering a. why you were bothering saying it and b. why you think that a piss-poor argument can be improved by such a supposedly-posh (but sincerely pompous and hollow) phrase such as, "a legal entity in Scots law does not still exist after being liquidated".

The gist of the argument is that a club and its associated legal entity are not coterminus. Were it otherwise, most of our clubs would have to redate their history. Therefore, all this bollocks about legal entities existing or disappearing has become some sort of comfort blanket for the Ps&Ds to shield them from the inalienable truth of our continuing existence.

Edited to add - for the time being (before anyone else says it) ;)

Awe ffs K! The poster to whom I was replying - I can no longer remember who - had declared in his post that Lord Tyre's comment (in blue in my signature), confirmed that The Rangers now are The Rangers then. I was pointing out to said poster, that as Lord Tyre himself would know, continued existence is not legally possible post liquidation.

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow but dispassionate logic dictates that you have two options:
1. A club and its associated legal entity are coterminus. Thus Rangers died and every other club starts its history from the date of their incorporation.
2. A club and its associated legal entity are not coterminus. Thus the Rangers of 1872 is the same Rangers of 2014 and much digital ink has been spilled with the "yer deid" patter and an Everest of humble pie has to be consumed.
Oh you can try the get-out of the brain-dead which goes along the lines of, "Aye, a club can exist before it became a company but if, when incorporated, the company dies then so does the club". Sounds easy, eh? In fact it's a fiction punted about by morons who can't live with the ramifications of their own belief.

Which of these clubs were liquidated?

all this bollocks about legal entities existing or disappearing has become some sort of comfort blanket for the Ps&Ds to shield them from the inalienable truth of our continuing existence.

inalienable

adjective

Definition: protected from being removed or taken away

Synonyms: unassailable, inviolable, absolute

Antonyms: vulnerable, assailable, unprotected, conditional.

"Each door is held in the open position by a suitable friction clutch, which can be instantly released by means of a powerful electro-magnet controlled from the captain's bridge, so that in the event of accident, or at any time when it may be considered advisable, the captain can, by simply moving an electric switch, instantly close the doors throughout and make the vessel practically unsinkable."

- White Star Line, 1911
"Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau."
- Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1929
"Under this government, Britain will never return to the boom and bust of the past".
- Gordon Brown, 1999
"The bad news for Scottish football is this is as bad as it gets for Glasgow Rangers"
- Walter Smith, 1998
8)

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow but dispassionate logic dictates that you have two options:
1. A club and its associated legal entity are coterminus. Thus Rangers died and every other club starts its history from the date of their incorporation.
2. A club and its associated legal entity are not coterminus. Thus the Rangers of 1872 is the same Rangers of 2014 and much digital ink has been spilled with the "yer deid" patter and an Everest of humble pie has to be consumed.
Oh you can try the get-out of the brain-dead which goes along the lines of, "Aye, a club can exist before it became a company but if, when incorporated, the company dies then so does the club". Sounds easy, eh? In fact it's a fiction punted about by morons who can't live with the ramifications of their own belief.

You are deluded then, the company I work for is not incorporated. Were it to be incorporated tomorrow it's est. date would not change. You've sunk so far as to make up stuff to associate the team you currently "support" with a bunch of cheats.

Edited because I can't spell.

Edited by aofjays

"Were it otherwise, most of our clubs would have to redate their history.", do you seriously expect people to believe this arrant nonsense or has bendy hacked your account?

I'd also like to see some meat put on the spindly bones of that statement. "Most" would infer 20+ senior clubs, would it not?

Typical empty rhetoric from a poster whose output is becoming more risible as the dirty laundry of his proud "institution" gets held up to public ridicule. Defending the indefensible - what a disingeuoune he is.

Hmm... My spellchecker doesn't like one of the words in that last statement - I wonder why? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can't get on to Twitter at work, but I have read on the Stock Exchange forum that PMG and Dave King are in dialogue on Twitter.

Today 12:39
JupiterFX
Dave King responds to PMG
Strong Sell
PMG and Dave King are currently in dialogue on twitter. DK's responses are insightful.

Anyone fancy going in and pasting on here ?.

Cheers

Edited by G-MAN

Can't get on to Twitter at work, but I have read on the Stock Exchange forum that PMG and Dave King are in dialogue on Twitter. Today 12:39JupiterFXDave King responds to PMG29.25Strong Sell PMG and Dave King are currently in dialogue on twitter. DK's responses are insightful. Anyone fancy going in and pasting on here ?. Cheers
Phil first againking on record with mad phil...must be a bitter pill for rangers fans that its a celtic blogger
Can't get on to Twitter at work, but I have read on the Stock Exchange forum that PMG and Dave King are in dialogue on Twitter. Today 12:39JupiterFXDave King responds to PMG29.25Strong Sell PMG and Dave King are currently in dialogue on twitter. DK's responses are insightful. Anyone fancy going in and pasting on here ?. Cheers

I'm glad that this nonsense has been torn apart already. Looks like the finest Rangers poster on here is starting to crumble....

Aye The_K you've had a poor innings. Tea? Lemonade?

Shyte; with good grammar, punctuation, spelling, big fancy words and the correct use of the apostrophe .... still remains shyte.

You not have anything stronger on offer ... I suspect he might need it.

Nah, a hot, malted milky drink for me. Plus it's a P&D speciality - making a horlicks ;)

Edited to add: I want the Horlicks that was founded in 1873. None of this Clone Horlicks from 1960 when its legal entity was folded and the brand was acquired by Beecham nor The Horlicks Tribute Act from 2000 when the Beecham's legal entity was wound up and incorporated in to GlaxoSmithKline.

Mind you, if I use diddy logic then Horlicks is deid.
Edited by The_Kincardine

I'm glad that this nonsense has been torn apart already. Looks like the finest Rangers poster on here is starting to crumble....

It's all relative I suppose. A bit like offering the Orcs Dave King, Chuckie Green, Craig Whyte and David Murray and asking them to "choose the least spivvy"..................

All this continued fighting for control of Rangers is putting of potential investors. What matters first is the club itself, this is bigger than who ever controls the club, so although I agree with what King is saying I can't agree with his call for supporters to hold back buying season tickets for next season especially as it unsettles the finances going into a new season.

I think the best thing to do is for the rivals to acknowledge Wallace's wish for 120 days of peace and allow the people at the club to work together and move Rangers forward.

Sound advise, sit on your hands, do nothing, it all worked out fine last time.

Maybe the best way to save money would be to start flicking through the portfolios of luxury continental estate agents, give the board some options, try to cut out the middle man. I mean if you're going to allow yourself to be fleeced for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time you might as well get shafted on your own terms.

Did anyone else hear a massive explosion down Govan way there??

Bendy will go supernova!! :blink::lol::lol:

Is Bendy actually from round Govan way? I thought he was one of those more, er, "global" members of the rangers family. Angus, or Lothian way - something like that.

Anyhoo, his output today promises to be entertaining. Anyone who can handle two dabbers at once will have a clear advantage when they call "eyes down!". :lol::lol::lol:

All this continued fighting for control of Rangers is putting of potential investors. What matters first is the club itself, this is bigger than who ever controls the club, so although I agree with what King is saying I can't agree with his call for supporters to hold back buying season tickets for next season especially as it unsettles the finances going into a new season.

I think the best thing to do is for the rivals to acknowledge Wallace's wish for 120 days of peace and allow the people at the club to work together and move Rangers forward.

Far be it from me to distract you from your crayons, wee man, but:

There was a club called rangers, which had the cachet of being one of two "superpowers" in Scottish Football. They had:

1. Regular income from European qualification.

2. The lion's share (with their partners) of prize money from the Scottish game.

3. A "creative" way of structuring player payments which enabled them to field a better class of player and/or pay existing players more cheaply.

4. A disarmingly cavalier attitude towards paying HMRC their due.

They died.

What exactly would you suggest is the incentive for anyone to invest a penny down ibrox way?

Or did you mean a "soft investment"*? Sugar Daddies form an orderly line? Best of luck with that one.

*Thanks to the Glib and Shameless King Over the Water for that one. Raised a chuckle, and no mistake.

Is Bendy actually from round Govan way? I thought he was one of those more, er, "global" members of the rangers family. Angus, or Lothian way - something like that.

Anyhoo, his output today promises to be entertaining. Anyone who can handle two dabbers at once will have a clear advantage when they call "eyes down!". :lol::lol::lol:

Pretty sure it was Dumbarton he had as his location previously.

Why, can anyone tell me, would they put money into a "trust" managed by a convicted financial crook, rather than simply pay at the gate? Do they really need some kind of father figure to unite under?

Or do they just want to make sure they've got somebody to blame when it all goes breasts skyward again?

They should really be reading a wee bit Burns and having a muse:

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us

To see oursels as others see us

It wad frae monie a blunder free us

An' foolish notion

What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us

An' ev'n Devotion