Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

...and there it is...

I'm sure Charlie (yeah i know) claimed that the car park and EH were bought for around £4m, it's looking like £1.5m could see them gone. A few scenarios spring to mind, all of them bad.

In the last month or so i've been sorely tempted to go back to Ibrox again, give em money and they'll keep on taking.

Whats our resident legal/financial/property experts views on this?

Pretty reasonable from you TK, but if you could just cut to the car chase and explain how upsetting this is for you, how you wake with a tear soaked pillow every morning, that would be ideal and I'm sure we'd all be most grateful. Thanks in advance.

Staunch, manly stoicism from me, Willie. Greetin’s for those who think getting a red dot is a tragedy.

Staunch, manly stoicism from me, Willie. Greetin’s for those who think getting a red dot is a tragedy.

A bindi (Hindi: बिंदी, from Sanskrit bindu, meaning "a drop, small particle, dot" is a forehead decoration worn in South Asia and Southeast Asia.

Traditionally it is a bright dot of red color applied in the center of the forehead close to the eyebrows.

Traditionally, the area between the eyebrows (where the bindi is placed) is said to be the sixth chakra, ajna, the seat of "concealed wisdom".

The bindi is said to retain energy and strengthen concentration. It is also said to protect against demons or bad luck.

Protection against the zombie undead! Bring them on! :lol::lol:

Edited by Bookies Love Me

very hypothetical this but if all the assets eg mp and ibrox as well as car parks were used as collateral in emergency loans, and defaulted to easdales.. how would that affect an insolency event eg administration. admins would not be able to sell assets off to pay creditors, or would there be consequences for directors offering loans to an insolvent company?? is this a way of signing away assets in event of liquidation?

In all of this it amazes me why the media don't ask the questions that seem obvious to normal punters? That both Sevco and non Sevco fans must be thinking.

When any journalist asks anything like a relevant, probing question and then gets a flimsy answer they accept it no problem without saying "hang on, that's bollox" has anyone heard a reporter, pundit ever ask "Ally, how much trouble are you actually in as to me it looks really bad so your fans must be worried?" I'm not an expert by any means but if I was involved with a business with this sort of attitude to cash I'd be shitting bricks.

...Has anyone heard a reporter, pundit ever ask "Ally, how much trouble are you actually in as to me it looks really bad so your fans must be worried?"

Any reporter who asked that question then followed it up with serious enquiries would be on The List before you could say Biased Bigoted Corrupt.

Any reporter who asked that question then followed it up with serious enquiries would be on The List before you could say Biased Bigoted Corrupt.

I don't really remember but aren't the BBC Biased Bigoted and Corrupt because they had the audacity to claim that rangers were in danger of admin?

I don't really remember but aren't the BBC Biased Bigoted and Corrupt because they had the audacity to claim that rangers were in danger of admin?

The original Biased Bigoted Corrupt protests were against the BBC telling Scotland that Craig Whyte was a shady character who might not be fit to own a major football club. This was back before Whyte showed that he really was a shady character who wasn't fit to own a major football club.

The various supporters groups may or may not have apologised to the BBC for protesting their wholly accurate depiction of Whyte - I don't remember.

Edit: I certainly hope the Rangers supporters groups apologised, because the very same people later spent months angrily screeching at the SPL for failing to spot that Craig Whyte was a shady character etc. etc. Which would be hypocritical, if they'd previously cursed the BBC for doing exactly what they later wanted the SPL to have done.

Edited by flyingrodent

"Pleased to announce we are fucked." :lol:

Supporters supremo Drew Roberton said fans are “extremely concerned” after it was revealed a £1.5million loan has been secured against Edmiston House, a three-storey building behind the Copland Road stand, and Albion car park.

Rangers today confirmed a deal to borrow the cash from football board chairman Sandy Easdale and investment group Laxey Partners.

Easdale has stepped in to offer up a £500,000 sum on a no-fee and no-interest basis, while Laxey Partners will lend the club £1million.

Both loans are repayable by September 1.

And Laxey Partners, the club’s single-biggest shareholder with an 11.64% stake, stand to make a £150,000 profit on their part of the deal.

Mr Roberton, Rangers Supporters’ Association chief, said: “I find this latest move very strange. If the money is coming from existing investors, why does it have to be secured against Edmiston House and Albion car park?

“I could understand if the money was coming from a bank, but these are investors who are meant to have the club’s interest at heart.

“It is extremely concerning. I sincerely hope Rangers repay the loan by September 1 and retain the car park and Edmiston House.”

Isle of Man-based hedge fund Laxey Partners may opt to take repayment in the form of fresh shares, but that would require shareholder backing at an AGM.

The money loaned to Rangers will now tide them over until season-ticket renewal fees start arriving at the end of the season.

A club statement said: “The board of Rangers is pleased to announce that it has entered into two secured short-term credit facilities for an aggregate of up to £1.5m.”

Eta- So, the new “facilities” are secured on the car park and edmiston house (the wee hoose?)

could it be because the £2.5M facility referred to in the accounts was already secured on the Big Hoose?

that just leaves Murray moses mcneil cooper auchenhowie floodplain Park to be tied up before an “extraordinary event” occurs

No?

Edited by AberdeenBud

"Rangers say the cash will be used for working capital over the "next few months". :lol:
The League One leaders' raised £22million when they were floated on the stock market in December 2012, but former financial director Brian Stockbridge sparked concerns the club might be heading into administration for a second time last year when he claimed the club would be down to their last £1million by April after burning through the rest of their eight-figure stockpile in little more than 15 months.
But the money loaned to them will now tide them over until season-ticket renewal payments start arriving at the end of the season.
A club statement added: "The directors of Rangers, having taken advice from their nominated adviser, Daniel Stewart & Company plc, believe that the terms of the Laxey Facility are fair and reasonable as far as shareholders are concerned."

:o :o :o :o

If I were a Sevcoist, that last bit would have me kinda worried.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen