Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not sure where you get those hard core figures for Celtic from?

I was fairly confident that the average attendance has been reported as 46,000 ish (league only).

Even if not accurate I am sure it was reported that the club had sold well over 40,000 ST's ... and I'm sure whilst they don't turn up every week .. the cash is the bank to add to those that attend on an irregular basis.

I'd seriously doubt that figure of 25 - 30 thousand is relative in terms of income to Celtic ...

Irrelevant anyhow, since the CL money is rolling through the coffers, good scouting and resale of players and being a 'true' global brand .. not like some pretend wannabes we know.

Rangers will competing for sure ... but guaranteed second .. naah ... Ally's not even confident of winning the Championship or whatever they call tier 2 nowadays .. ffs.

It was more to do with the hardcore being those who actually go, rain hail or snow. I'd say both teams have a hardcore of say 30k who will attend every game every second week. Obviously that ignores the ST sales which will top it up. If they do continue topping up through the boredom years.

But as you say, irrelevant to Celtic who will have CL income every year whilst rangers won't. The gap will just keep getting wider.

I shouldnt let this lot wind me up as i get ready to set off for the semi final of a major cup competition.

But this constant noise coming from the cavemen of challenging Celtic, forget about the rest of us diddies eh.

Dave King spouting off that losing to Aberdeen is unacceptable.

Aye, enjoy Brechin today.

Arrogant club, will never change will it.

#redinburgh

COYR

Oh post link please.

Nah, not my style.

In fairness to Youngsy, he's alright these days. He does genuinely fail to see why the two horse race benefited only the two runners themselves, but he's not returned to his early lunacy.

It's out there though. Not sure if it causes him shame or not.

You seem to suggest that it's pathetic that clubs can currently only aspire to 2nd spot; yet somehow yearn for a time when the aspiration will be 3rd.

Great post - that bit there, though, is nail on head stuff.

It's also important to keep in mind that the League Cup and Scottish Cup are far more winnable with a crippled Newco Rangers.

But as you say, irrelevant to Celtic who will have CL income every year whilst rangers won't. The gap will just keep getting wider.

Guaranteed qualification for the greenyins © Jackanory Dave

Nah, not my style.

In fairness to Youngsy, he's alright these days. He does genuinely fail to see why the two horse race benefited only the two runners themselves, but he's not returned to his early lunacy.

It's out there though. Not sure if it causes him shame or not.

Strange that some of the people who moaned about a 2 horse race seem to have no issue with a 1 horse race.

Let me ask you this question, Dave. Other than Celtic, who do you think is the more likely club to win the Scottish Premiership within six years after Rangers are back in the top division?

No one is likely to win unless Celtic slip up one season. And the team most likely to take advantage of any such slip will be whichever team is on the up at that time. Unlikely to be Rangers but you never know - they might have a crop of youngsters that they've managed to hold together for a year or two.

Strange that some of the people who moaned about a 2 horse race seem to have no issue with a 1 horse race.

Brennett mate, you're missing the subtlety of the point.

The reality is that in this context, it's not in the least strange.

What people disliked about the two horse race, ie it was closed to all but sides we loathed, remains unchanged.

Of course a one horse race is far, far from ideal, but it's literally no worse than what preceded it for us.

In fact it's better, because one half is reduced, meaning the arms race is halted and the other's gates are suffering. Sadly, European money will ensure that huge inequality continues.

See there what you are suffering from ?, that's a side effect from lording it over just about every club in Scotland for over 20 years right there. You now have a mindset that "A" Rangers club will be the only challengers to Celtic and the top tier title.

You have dismissed the best of the rest as cannon fodder !, who is to know that if Aberdeen could finish 2nd this year and then a great run in Europe earning lots of cash. Aberdeen then retain their best players because they can afford too or even afford a few quality players boosting the squad for the next season and then push Celtic even further next season the season your new club is supposedly going to be there with financial problems hanging around it's neck.

Rangers don't even make the top six in their first season and Aberdeen have an even better run in Europe that season and Celtic failed miserably to qualify for the Champions League and then have to reduce wages for the upcoming season and Aberdeen finish second again.

Second season for Rangers and ST's have fallen drastically because there is no real investment into the squad and Celtic had to sell 4 of their best players whilst Aberdeen slurge out on the best of the SPFL Premiership players and then win the SPFL Premiership title and Rangers just about stave of the relegation play off spot.

All hypothetical but theoretically possible.

The old firm fixture is a historical anomaly these days as your club will be fucked for years and years to come unless someone spunks tens of millions into it, and even then the OF fixture will be a one sided affair and Rangers take a huge pumping each time. The debts around your club will only hinder any progress until you field what you can afford

:thumsup2

Brennett mate, you're missing the subtlety of the point.

The reality is that in this context, it's not in the least strange.

What people disliked about the two horse race, ie it was closed to all but sides we loathed, remains unchanged.

Of course a one horse race is far, far from ideal, but it's literally no worse than what preceded it for us.

In fact it's better, because one half is reduced, meaning the arms race is halted and the other's gates are suffering. Sadly, European money will ensure that huge inequality continues.

What we have now is two teams ripping the pish out of their respective leagues and mopping up opponents while going through the motions. (we'll probably get gubbed today now)

Remember Rangers and them always took points off of each other and is it any coincidence that they can't find a sponsor/ The whole 2nd is best scenario is a piece of laughable P.R spread by fans of a certain team and lapped up by others who don't want to face the truth.

I doubt the content causes him shame as I always suspected he would probably be signing the songs and roaring WATP when drinking with his fellow bears down the club .. I'm not saying that is what he does. A lot of his posts where is he not being careful give ME that impression. That said he has always been polite and respectful so that's all that really matters on here .. he deserves the same courtesy in return.

First of all I don't go in for the watp stuff, never have done. Secondly, no I wasn't drinking last night or indeed any other night in the recent past. However if Dave j is offended by any of my posts then I will apologise but I can't see anything in them to apologise for. He may not agree with my outlook but I can't see anything I have to apologise for. If I give you the impression of "drinking with my fellow bears and singing the songs and roaring watp" you couldn't be more mistaken.

Celtics success isn't and has never been a yardstick as far as I'm concerned. Our success is for our club and support and no one else, if that bothers people then too bad.

On the money, chap. Sadly, most Ps&Ds, and especially the resident ghirls regard such thoughts as crassly hubristic. They have no comprehension of the notion of judging oneself by one's own standards.

On the money, chap. Sadly, most Ps&Ds, and especially the resident ghirls regard such thoughts as crassly hubristic. They have no comprehension of the notion of judging oneself by one's own standards.

Why the special celebrations that were lined up for clinching nine in a row in '97 then?