Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Fascinating to hear Sevconians now talking about WHEN administration will take place and not IF. The multiple hats of the The Rangers companies need to be closely examined. Remember that the shares are in the company not in the club, What are the cash and physical assets of the various companies. Who makes money out of the current cash hemorrhage? Who will take to the lifeboats with bulging pockets?

Who will end up owning Ibrokes? Who will cobble together another ‘Rangers’ and rent Ibrokes? How easily will the football authorities recognise Mark 3 as being the same? This farce will go on all year and next year.

They could always go for voluntary liquidation, and make a quick killing that way. I don't know who in the right mind (a lot of them aren't) would buy STs next year. Assuming they can somehow get through this season. They have a private individual whose prepared to loan them 2.5m at the end of the season. However, that's going to be repaid via the season tickets with interest. Once all the one off costs are dealt with they will struggle to last 3-4 months. Doesn't matter how you look at it. They're fucked from every angle.

'Yeah, I'm disappointed we've got to wait. I don't understand why there's such a gap, but there are a lot of things I've not been able to understand in the last two years.'

Obviously our thirteen match unbeaten run is figuring in Ally's thoughts about the timing of the Final, but equally you've got to give him ten out of ten for the subtle dig at the end of that sentence.

Holy crap Batman :lol:

Fat Salary admits that most of what's gone on in the last two years has gone totally over his head and the author thinks it's a master stroke in feckin mind games - you couldn't make it up :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I take it McCoist is also annoyed they have to wait until February for their League Cup semi-f....oh wait, never mind.

The thing is - whilst McCoist has raised valid points about both the date and the venue of the final the reasons for both of these decisions have been fully explained are are actually fairly reasonable yet he still feels he has to bump his gums about being 'baffled' and not understanding "why there's such a gap" !

Please stop making it easy for us to think you're a fud Alistair !

Time to put Private Eye on the list after this piece in this week's edition...

Planet Football

Rangers

One of the great mysteries almost a year ago was why institutional investors backed the flotation of the Glasgow club with £17m when it emerged from administration.

Artemis Investment Management, Cazenove Capital Management, Legal & General Investment Management and Insight Investment Management all took stakes of 3-7 percent, buying 1.9m-4.3m shares at 70p a pop. Along with unit trust clients of Marlborough Fund Managers, who were put in for just under 5m shares, institutions acquired a total of 42 percent of the club. Today, the shares are 48.5p, having been as low as 41p. But these masters of the investment universe have been strangely silent.

The share price collapse is not surprising, as all but one of the directors at the time if the flotation have resigned - as have some who joined since, such as chief executive Craig Mather, who left two weeks ago. Now there are only two directors. Furthermore, Rangers are on their third nominated adviser. Cenkos, who floated the club on AIM, left in July, and then Strand Hanson lasted only until the beginning of October, to be replaced by brokers Daniel Stewart.

Former chairman Charles Green and his broker ally Imran Ahmad, who helped him put together the flotation, have both been big sellers. Green had 5m shares and Ahmad 2.2m at the time of the flotation, for which they may have paid as little as 1p. Both now have less than 3 percent, or 1.8m shares - or none at all. There was a six-month lock, or 12 months for directors, but Green was not a director when his stake went below 3 percent in September.

Director Alexander "Sandy" Easdale, who was not on the original board, now owns or controls the votes of almost 24 percent of the shares, having acquired support from two major offshore owners whose true beneficial identity was not disclosed in the prospectus.

Meanwhile, some shareholders are seeking to have a new slate of directors elected - a move resisted by the club. Perhaps it is time L&G, usually a champion of intervention over poor performance or behaviour, and the other institutions pressured the AIM authorities at the London Stock Exchange to step in and enforce something more resembling good governance for a public company.

"Slicker"

Just out of interest is there a world record for being liquidated then going into administration? Are Sevco in with a shout?

aye the record is once, many have equaled it but it can never be beaten

I must admit, I'm still confused by all the King antics last week. The only explanation I can think of, is that it was intended as some kind of false dawn. However, King cannot possibly pass a FTP because of two very clear rules.

ajaqypun.jpg

I could see how (j) could be waived on discretionary grounds, but no way of circumventing (h)

Edited by Fotbawmad

I must admit, I'm still confused by all the King antics last week. The only explanation I can think of, is that it was intended as some kind of false dawn. However, King cannot possibly pass a FTP because of two very clear rules.

ajaqypun.jpg

I could see how (j) could be waived on discretionary grounds, but no way of circumventing (h)

It's all at the discretion of the SFA Board. Read the whole Article and you should see that.

Yes .. if there is a reasonable explanation ... but they are not expecting a candidate to fall foul of two of the criteria ... LOL

On top of that your fans screamed blue murder that they did not do enough to prevent Whyte ... when none of his misdemeanours were publicly splashed over the front page news ... 

You guys always change your tune to suit the situation ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly.

When they were undertaking a systematic campaign of tax dodging, it was "why did nobody warn us", now it's "they're all bigoted against 'rangers', just let Davie Boy in" :wacko:

And they wonder why as a fanbase they have zero credibility with the rest of Scottish Football. :rolleyes:

A nice blast from the past :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GERS’ NEW £280m IBROX

RANGERS will become the first club in Britain to build a stadium boasting a retractable roof and hovering pitch.

By: Andy McInnes

Published: Mon, January 7, 2008

The new Ibrox – which will cost £280million – will be based on Japan’s Sapporo Dome, Holland’s Amsterdam ArenA and Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium and is part of a £750m village development earmarked for Govan.

When complete in 2012, it will generate millions of pounds every season for the club to buy top players and be more competitive with Premiership clubs in the transfer market.

Supporters will virtually be able to “raise the roof” of the new project, as it will open and close depending on the weather and functions being held inside the auditorium.

The blueprint allows for football and other sports to be played around the clock and with the pitch capable of being rotated in and out of the ground itself, rock concerts and other major events can be hosted without any damage to the grass.

Giant heaters and air conditioning units will ensure spectators will be in a constant comfort zone and matches will never again be cancelled because of under-foot conditions.

Talks are at an advanced stage and funding is in place for the six-star stadium, which would become the second-biggest club ground in the UK after Manchester United’s Old Trafford.

A capacity of around 70,000 is planned – 20,000 higher than the current full house, 10,000 more than at Celtic Park and 17,000 above the limit at Hampden.

Last night an Ibrox insider revealed the project could start within 18 months with a two-year build programme anticipated.

He said: “This is a very exciting and ambitious scheme which will totally revitalise the area.

Not only will it benefit the team, and the club in general, but the whole south side of the city will be transformed.’’

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/30615/GERS-NEW-280m-IBROX

:lol: