Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

McMurdo Says No :o:lol: and it's all Peters Fault :1eye

October 30, 2013

Bad News On King’s Return

I am led to believe that Dave King’s return to Ibrox as a director would be blocked by both the SFA and the London Stock Exchange.

This flies in the face of recent newspaper reports which claim that King has been given the all-clear by the LSE. In fact, my information is that certain people have falsely fed this story to the media in order to make Gers fans angry and frustrated when they find out King has been knocked back.

Furthermore, I am informed that two major institutional investors are distancing themselves from the Requisitioners’ campaign in the ongoing boardroom battles at Ibrox.

The news of King being judged unsuitable to take up a directorial role at Rangers will indeed be disappointing to fans of the club.

Many Gers supporters were excited at the prospect of King’s return and his forming a formidable dream team on the Ibrox board with the Easdales and Brian Stockbridge.

A man with King’s bluenose credentials and business expertise is exactly what Rangers could be doing with right now and fans will be hoping he can overcome these apparent setbacks and join the board.

Of course, questions will be asked exactly what input – if any – Peter Lawwell has had on King’s potential return.

I note that Lawwell was quizzed on this very matter on tonight’s news. The Celtic CEO himself mentioned that his involvement at the SFA could potentially sometimes raise a conflict of interest question over certain matters.

Although it could be argued that Rangers’ recent worries have created a vacuum at the top of the game and that Celtic were obliged to step in and fill this vacuum, it could equally be argued that Lawwell has too much of a say now in how the game is run.

This news about Dave King will only throw petrol on the fire in terms of Rangers fans’ suspicions that the SFA is not being run fairly and that there is an inherent anti-Rangers bias prevailing at Hampden.

There is a common perception that Celtic have far too large a say in and influence over the running of both the SFA and the SPFL.

If this information about Dave King being rejected is true, it will not help quell this perception.

Rangers stuttered through last night’s game against Stenhousemuir to book a Ramsdens Cup Final appearance in a few months time.

Should the Light Blues prevail, they will add this trophy to the many other prizes won by the club in the senior game. 

The journey Rangers are on at present is throwing up many an historic occasion. Years from now fans will talk about the time Rangers played in the lower echelons of our game.

The sad thing about this journey is that it is being made against the backdrop of bitter boardroom battles and splits in the Rangers family.

What should be an enjoyable time is marred by the bitter infighting among factions of the support.

Those who are responsible for destabilising and disrupting the club at this pivotal time really need to take a long hard look at themselves.

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2013/10/30/bad-news-on-kings-return/

The Inter fans can't complain without hypocrisy. They all demanded explanations why Whyte was allowed to take over their club and wanted assurances that it never be allowed to happen again.

They should be grateful that the sfa are going to protect the gullible fools this time, I'd let the fuckers get fleeced again.

This indeed would be a major disappointment. King being in control would most certainly have kept up the laughter factor. I seriously hope this doesn't pave the way for a takeover by someone/group with the fudco's best interest at heart. :(

It would seem reasonable to assume that the LSE would block King's attempt to join the board - if he were to be given the green light you'd have to ask the question just who would they block !

It would also be interesting to see just how the mono-browed majority amongst the 'Rangers' support would spin it into some sort of massive injustice ... surely the LSE can only have a say in who joins the board of the company - I'm guessing 'Rangers' can appoint whoever they want to join the fantasy board of the separate entity that is the club !?

And of course King is free to pump his money into the club ... er company ( :unsure: ) regardless !!

:lol::lol::lol:

It's like an episode of Mock The Week:

And in this round,..... "Phrases You Would Never Hear In Football"

"forming a formidable dream team on the Ibrox board with the Easdales and Brian Stockbridge."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant.

McCoist will be shitting it. He needs his January warchest to sort your lot out on his 'big day out for the wonderful fuds fans.'

Brilliant.

McCoist will be shitting it. He needs his January warchest to sort your lot out on his 'big day out for the wonderful fuds fans.'

Indeed.

I'll wager wee Super Salary (has he signed off on his "substantial wage reduction" yet btw?) has his Who's Who in Fitba 2014 catalogue out and is banging one out to pictures of SPL careerists throughout the land. Maybe Kris Boyd with his tap aff ! :eek:

:lol::lol:

Rangers stuttered through last night’s game against Stenhousemuir to book a Ramsdens Cup Final appearance in a few months time.

Should the Light Blues prevail, they will add this trophy to the many other prizes won by the club in the senior game.

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2013/10/30/bad-news-on-kings-return/

But they've only got a 3rd Division title to their name. Even Airdrie United/onians have double that tally. A 2nd division title in 03/04 and a challenge cup in 08/09.

According to Tedi he has taken the wage cut ;) Im surprised he hasn't been all over the tabloids telling us how loyal he is and would do the job for nothing etc etc ... But as i said Ted assured my yesterday in another thread he had taken it. I have my doubts

Might be right enough, he didn't tip the waitress tonight. ;)

According to Tedi he has taken the wage cut ;) Im surprised he hasn't been all over the tabloids telling us how loyal he is and would do the job for nothing etc etc ... But as i said Ted assured my yesterday in another thread he had taken it. I have my doubts

Really?

Transparent as an oak door ......

As usual.

Did he supply the backfiring UEFA link ?.

Is this not the second time that the LSE has had to tell Rangers International to stop using their name as back up for their lies?

It's apparent that Rangers Inter fans are being manipulated again, along exactly the same lines as has emptied their pockets throughout. Will they fall for it again? Even when it has been pointed out to them, in advance, how they are to be played?

I hope so. This will go down in history as the world record for the biggest amount of peepul taken in by the same tricks time after time.

All over twitter apparently. An add for a new Chief Exec down Govan way in the Financial times

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/g_monaghan/status/395684165406175232/photo/1

:lol::lol::lol:

They'll be inundated with applications now, no doubt.

I'll nominate myself, I know how to play to the galleries, and take pelters, as long as I'm earning 6 figures and on no more than a 6 month contract. Plus I can do all that while silently running organisations into the ground :ph34r:

Edited by Fotbawmad