Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Absolutely not !

Scottish football definitely needs a strong Kilmarnock though and we have that at the moment. The league table clearly shows that without Kilmarnock and Hearts in the top division there would be nothing holding up the other teams.

I'm surprised you can see us from way down there...

Anyway, Ayrshire's sleeping giants may just have started to come out of their coma today.

Dave, at least read what I said. I alluded to the reputation of Scottish football, not the effects on Partick Thistle last season. Also, too many letters in losing. ;)

Dave manages to bring the Whistle into almost everything.....

First of all, I accept your apology but if there's any repeat of this 'bilge' word, I can assure you, I will be telling my mum.

I did not and have not advocated for a strong Rangers, so there is nothing to 'deal with'. I simply empathised with the fans of Rangers who go along to support their club for the football and they are undoubtedly being fleeced by the parasites who have attached themselves to their club, from Murray onwards. As for the arrogant, the knuckle draggers and the sectarian element of their support, they deserve all they get.

I want Ayr United to compete for the League One title this season but that won't happen because of the mismanagement at Rangers and the football authorities. I don't care if Ayr got more money for it as it is the football, the competition, that interests me. So, in that regard, I would prefer Rangers were somewhere else.

The decent Rangers fans had no influence over what happened. Rangers, like the rest of us, must adhere to the rules of association but that is not something that can be controlled by the fans I alluded to.

As for you not being interested in how our game is perceived externally, that is your prerogative but I would rather see Scottish football admired by those from other parts. What's so terrible about that ?

You've shifted what you're saying here. Your paragraph about the way Ayr are being affected this season, I accept. That's why I said as much in my earlier post.

Your wish to express sympathy towards decent Rangers fans is perfectly legitimate, but marks a departure from the earlier comments variously attacked as bilge. The point remains that Rangers doing well was of benefit only to them. As the Thistle fan pointed out, he stood to lose nothing from Rangers' problems, a claim you had already explicitly made.

As for your last part, I think you are totally misjudging the extent to which a buoyant Rangers contributed to Scottish football being admired by those in other parts.

Dave, at least read what I said. I alluded to the reputation of Scottish football, not the effects on Partick Thistle last season. Also, too many letters in losing. ;)

You said "every Scottish football fan is losing". Dave j is a Scottish football fan and he rightly reflects that he's not lost out in any way.

This means you were wrong.

Seeing as you guys love a conspiracy how about this one doing the rounds. Ticketus/octopus didn't lose their money as they didn't invest a penny.

The institutional investors were the ones who put the money up front for ticketus and were rewarded by being given shares in the new club at 1p.

Seeing as you guys love a conspiracy how about this one doing the rounds. Ticketus/octopus didn't lose their money as they didn't invest a penny.

The institutional investors were the ones who put the money up front for ticketus and were rewarded by being given shares in the new club at 1p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLNrLI3OBwg

The McCoist pay cut negotiations - Day 16

August and Ally would 'consider' taking a pay cut. http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mccoist-my-near-50-pay-cut-was-right-for-rangers.1380882563

October 4th and he puts a figure to it. http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mccoist-my-near-50-pay-cut-was-right-for-rangers.1380882563 saying "The negotiations started well before the accounts came out."

Has it been agreed yet? Are 'negotiations' still ongoing? Who is left to negotiate with anyway? :huh: Did he get a win bonus for stuffing Brechin?

I would assume there were would be a definitive statement from Rangers if only to appease the disgruntled fans.

A statement that is clear and does not need forensic examination to find the truth.

The McCoist pay cut negotiations - Day 16

August and Ally would 'consider' taking a pay cut. http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mccoist-my-near-50-pay-cut-was-right-for-rangers.1380882563

October 4th and he puts a figure to it. http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mccoist-my-near-50-pay-cut-was-right-for-rangers.1380882563 saying "The negotiations started well before the accounts came out."

Has it been agreed yet? Are 'negotiations' still ongoing? Who is left to negotiate with anyway? :huh: Did he get a win bonus for stuffing Brechin?

I would assume there were would be a definitive statement from Rangers if only to appease the disgruntled fans.

A statement that is clear and does not need forensic examination to find the truth.

"We just feel that where we are in terms of our league status - and the income and turnover is down - that it's the right thing to do"

Lol, didn't see you agreeing to the pay cut when in a lower division last season ally.