Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

p***ks like bendy weren't so visible during the late 60s and early 70s when crowds at Ibrox were in the low teens and even sub 10,000 on occasion. Also during the late 70s and the 80s . The current buns think that the dominance attained during the Murray spend, spend, spend years is somehow their divine right. We, the non-huntypes, realise that this is an erroneous viewpoint. One way or another, they are doomed (again) but cannot see it. This is pleasing as it will hasten the demise of MkII club.

The time span that you're speaking of, the late sixties/ early seventies, season 1967/68 to season 1972/73 in total Rangers had more support through the gate at Ibrox in total than Celtic had at Celtic park, (i'm quoting Celtic because their the only club we can compare against).

Ah ok, forgiven smile.gif It is in the prospectus the Locked in Shareholders will be prevented from selling OrdinaryShares held by them for a period of 12 monthsCommon practice to (1) protect the share price (2) tie in th executive directors to running the company

Looking back at the IPO launch I come across ^^^ this pearler :D

The time span that you're speaking of, the late sixties/ early seventies, season 1967/68 to season 1972/73 in total Rangers had more support through the gate at Ibrox in total than Celtic had at Celtic park, (i'm quoting Celtic because their the only club we can compare against).

As Celtic have NEVER played your club, feck off with comparisons why don't you.

It isn't a certainty though, the corporate investors would have to back a new share issue which would obviously dilute their current shares.

Hell awra, I don't think an agm is a certainty. It isn't.

We've played your club many, many times since your founding and as such we will play you many times in the future, giving you some competition.

Just even one link to a Celtic fc v rangers international fc match will do :)

So BP , coff, another share issue to get Kings cash. How do the bears and institutional investors feel about that?

They lose £££££££,£££,£££,£££. Diluted.

Why are you so interested? He's probably signed it already anyway.

Cos I am convinced Alistair is a genuinely honest guy. Some think he just says what is needed to keep the great unwashed happy and then when they are fooled and shut up he does nothing. I think that is really unfair. :thumbsdown

So these same idiots think his pronouncements about taking a salary cut was just hot air and when they forget about it so will Alistair. :o

I am keen to put these cynical doom merchants in their place. :wacko:

All we need is the evidence from Alistair. :)

Hurry up please Ally son. ;)

Just listened to the Chic Young / Tom English stuff from last night.

I actually don't mind Chic. Of course he's a bit of a wee tool, but I actually find myself often agreeing with him.

His defence of Smith was laughable though. He couldn't tackle any of English's points, other than by sycophantically further eulogising the great man. When English exposes that Chic has muddled the chronology, poor Chic's reduced to simply repeating that you can't criticise Walter, without suggesting why.

Walter Smith is stupid and greedy and it's good that such a perspective can now be heard, even if it turns the worlds of people like Chic Young, on their heads.

Just listened to the Chic Young / Tom English stuff from last night.

I actually don't mind Chic. Of course he's a bit of a wee tool, but I actually find myself often agreeing with him.

His defence of Smith was laughable though. He couldn't tackle any of English's points, other than by sycophantically further eulogising the great man. When English exposes that Chic has muddled the chronology, poor Chic's reduced to simply repeating that you can't criticise Walter, without suggesting why.

Walter Smith is stupid and greedy and it's good that such a perspective can now be heard, even if it turns the worlds of people like Chic Young, on their heads.

Agree. I quite like Chick as a person and his meltdowns are usually hilarious, but his defence of Smith was comically woeful. You could hear the presenter's embarrassment for Young boiling out of the speakers.

Agree. I quite like Chick as a person and his meltdowns are usually hilarious, but his defence of Smith was comically woeful. You could hear the presenter's embarrassment for Young boiling out of the speakers.

He's a twat, it's his blind ignorance that annoys me, even when faced with the facts he still defended Walter, and that fine but not when it's so black and white.