Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Bendarroch, on 08 Oct 2013 - 15:28, said:snapback.png

And no one bar a tawdry few thousand gives the slightest f**k about your club.

Bless...

If your argument is that more popular things / institutions are inherently better than less popular ones, let's see how your theory works with a subject less controversial and divisive than Scottish Football, such as world religion:

The CIA's World Factbook gives the world (July 2012 est.) distribution of religions as:

Christian 31.59% (of which Roman Catholic 18.85%, Protestant 8.15%, Orthodox 4.96%, Anglican 1.26%)

Muslim 23.2%

Hindu 15.0%

Buddhist 7.1%

Sikh 0.35%

Jewish 0.2%

Baha'i 0.11%

other religions 10.95%

non-religious 9.66%

atheists 2.01%

Despite a CoS upbringing, I regard myself as thoroughly atheist and, despite atheism's diddy status (there are but a 'tawdry few' of us, plus Richard Dawkins), I'm pretty sure I'm right in what 'team' I support.

]

And re Dave King "losing" £20m in the old club......no he didn't :).

Another spiv ahoy....

Apologies if already covered, can't find it. This thread is bigger than all of us.

King's tax assessment is made up, among other things, of a R4,8m tax bill on his Sandhurst house, R101,44m on a Falcon 900, R188,47m on a Talacar shareholders loan account, R2,1m on a Ferrari, R17,24m for living expenses and - his largest single tax claim - R200m income from Rangers Football Club, as well as R281,28m in penalties and R20m in taxes on income from the Amazulu Football Club, which King insists he bought for R1 in return for paying outstanding salaries and financial obligations for the club.

The bit about buying a football club for a rand reminds me of something. :lol:

If anyone's interested (yawn) here's a link to Kings tax case in SA

http://www.moneywebtax.co.za/moneywebtax/view/moneywebtax/en/page259?oid=31667&sn=Detail

Edited by cyderspaceman

if it wasn't for the spivs and faceless business men they'd have died ages ago.

They did die ages ago!

Are those naughty boys indulging in a bit of saluto romano?

Who is that compiles the list of 'not representative of the sevco support?

Should add saluto romano-ers.

I love how you see pointing out that fewer people are interested in smaller clubs as a victory. We know our clubs hold less fascination for the population at large. This troubles us not a bit. If it did, we'd simply follow big clubs instead.

Get that Bendarroch.

It's no victory of any kind, but it is a statement of fact. And one you choose to wear like a wee, shiny and very well polished badge. It is, after all, a perfect distillation of the mediocrity is best mentality of the diddy clubber.

You could follow a bigger club instead? Of course you couldn't - it would mean the death of that oh-so-carefully cultivated chip on your shoulder. I poke fun at it because that's all you have. I mock the disinterest in your clubs because it's an inevitable result of the decades of mediocrity you demand.

Most people know it's a complete nonsense and rightfully stay away in their droves. You, though? Lovin' it...