Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If they were to go down the route I suggested or one very similar, fan owned, new club with no doubts, everything above board then I would certainly back them. I would even rally behind them for then we would have seen sporting integrity and if the shysters who prey on ordinary football fans can be taught a lesson, if fans can claim back our game then it would be a cause worthy of support.

Hmmm.....I'm not sure about that.

Sorry, my coat is hanging next to the door......................

Roy Greenslades take on yesterday.

Sunday 29 September 2013 18.02 BST 4 comments

Roy Greenslade

It will be interesting to see if any newspaper covers the fact that members of Britain's armed forces appeared to join in with Scottish football fans as they sang sectarian songs at a match yesterday. Initial reports suggest not.

Some 400 uniformed soldiers, seamen and air force personnel attended an armed forces day at Ibrox, the Rangers ground.

Before the game, after a formal march and band music, a group of soldiers (they were in khaki) were filmed dancing, clapping and singing along with the crowd.

Although it is difficult to make out the exact words on the video posted on YouTube, people have identified sectarian songs and chants celebrating the death of the IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands.

Rival Celtic fans were quick to identify songs that are supposed to be banned from all Scottish football grounds under a new law passed by the Scottish parliament.

One commenter to the YouTube site wrote of it being a "disgusting vile and tawdry spectacle". Another wrote: "Shocking stuff. I hope this vid is forwarded to the footballing and army authorities."

Two media reports about the events that have been published - one here on the STV site and another here on the Daily Record site - make no reference to the soldiers' antics.

The STV report mentioned that an army band "entertained fans" and quoted Major General Nick Eeles, general officer commanding Scotland, as saying it was hoped to make it into an annual event.

The Record did write that "the match-day experience began in dramatic circumstances" but only because two marines "abseiled down the Govan stand ahead of kick-off, before delivering the match ball to the referee."

How odd that both outlets missed the story? Or do their reporters think soldiers chanting jingoistic sectarian songs in unison with football fans is unworthy of comment?

Incidentally, Saturday was not the official armed forces celebration day in Britain (that falls in the close season). The club, with the full approval of the military, decided to stage its own separate event.

I don't want to get bogged down in the circus act from yesterday and sevcos sudden love of everything military because this thread should be left to laughing about rangers and sevcos soon to be death. But I think this photo pretty much sums up what yesterday is all about, pretty fucking sad.

eg1g.jpg

Even Phil Mac cannaespellhisname has cast doubts over that pics validity.....

Well, he didn't waste much time. You'd think he would have better things to do. "Before the game", he says. Well, he can't even get the basic facts right.

a standard reaction to anyone commenting on the dubious activities chronicled in the past 4700 plus pages.

Could be a square on Bendarroch's buzzword bingo.....

edit - I've no idea where 'bussword' came from!

Edited by Ken Fitlike

Ah well if that knob has cast doubts over it. :rolleyes: Are you taking what he says seriously now vicky or just the stuff that suits you? When were you talking to him vicky?

What suits me Dougal, it's the type of thing he'd usually be all over..........

A couple of points:

1) Rangers' fans as a group are more interested in what's going on behind the scenes at hteir club than any other teams' fans.

2) Nobody really knows what is going on but everyone wants to. That's the problem. Pretending you DO know what's going on in the Rangers boardroom or pretending you know what's going on in ANY clubs boardroom is bollocks unless you are actually on the board.

1. From what I see, they seem more interested in fighting imaginary "enemies", when they should be more concerned with "the enemy within".

2. You don't have to be an insider, or in the know to see something is seriously wrong, and that very bad news looks to be on the horizon.

Fans protested in the stadium yesterday. Also leaflets were distributed outside the ground. There is a great deal of debate on the internet and elsewhere. So things are certainly happening. Just in case anyone wants to be serious about this for a moment. as opposed to the usual baiting and bickering.

All far too late I'm afraid, the wheels were already set in motion after most of the fans renewed STs.

Edited by Fotbawmad

I don't want to get bogged down in the circus act from yesterday and sevcos sudden love of everything military because this thread should be left to laughing about rangers and sevcos soon to be death. But I think this photo pretty much sums up what yesterday is all about, pretty fucking sad.

eg1g.jpg

When and where was that picture supposed to have been taken?

aye, whit aboot that,eh?

but, whit aboot yon other thing that the other side of the tribal divide did (almost used the redundant term 'Old Firm' there)

aye, but whit aboot...

aye, but whit aboot...

aye, but whit aboot...

aye, but whit aboot...

aye, but whit aboot...

aye, but whit aboot...

Does anyone else just skip over the OF sh*te on this forum?

Supposed to be taken yesterday. There is a thread on sevco media (I know) about it, of course it's mainly filled with threats to the person who posted it and they of course see nothing wrong with it either. Vicky reckons its fake or has doubts it is real.

Supposed to have been taken at Ibrox yesterday?

Supposed to be taken yesterday. There is a thread on sevco media (I know) about it, of course it's mainly filled with threats to the person who posted it and they of course see nothing wrong with it either. Vicky reckons its fake or has doubts it is real.

Stopped reading that forum ages ago. It's too hard to differentiate between the raging bigots and the Tíms on the wind up.

Had a wee look at the thread you've mentioned and I see it's getting worse.