Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Maybe another forum would be more to your taste... ;)

Maybe it would be better to get back to discussing football..Rangers..The upcoming accounts..the BTC appeal etc etc .... Get away from the pettiness that has spread and now completely taken over this thread.

ETA...I am still on the Forum. I just tend to keep away from here at the moment and try and stick to football chat on the match threads.

I had my son threatened by some daft arse on the Old firm forum. He knew where he golfed..where he stayed etc ..It was a Rangers poster after i had defended a celtic poster. I choose not to post there now. I see this thread going the same way..it is getting too personal and people should think twice about what they post sometimes. I don't care what you said about Gazza...I don't think your families problems should be brought into the argument and certainly not used against you...sorry Bennett but that is just my opinion. It has gone too far for me

Edited by No8.

From business insider....

Correction

Creditsafe stated in their press release Rangers were “relegated” into the “third tier” of Scottish football.Rangers are in fact playing in the fourth tier of Scottish football, which is the IRN-BRU Third Division.The statement Rangers were relegated is also incorrect. A new company was set up after Rangers Football Club Plc was placed into liquidation in October 2012. The 'newco', trading as The Rangers Football Club Ltd, thereafter listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), trading under the name Rangers International Football Club Plc.The liquidated club, formed in 1872, was placed in administration in February 2012 over non-payment of tax estimated at around £14 million.HM Revenue and Customs then blocked a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) which would have allowed the oldco Rangers to continue trading.Oldco Rangers' administrator Duff & Phelps thereafter sold the assets to a consortium led by Charles Green, then trading under the name Sevco Scotland Ltd, and shareholders in the oldco gave their approval thereafter to change its name to The Rangers Football Club Ltd and the 'oldco' assumed the name RFC 2012.This 'newco' was granted a licence by the Scottish football authorities to re-enter competitive football in Scotland in the third division after the Scottish Premier League clubs voted overwhelmingly against allowing the newco to re-enter top flight Scottish football.

From business insider.... Correction Creditsafe stated in their press release Rangers were “relegated” into the “third tier” of Scottish football.Rangers are in fact playing in the fourth tier of Scottish football, which is the IRN-BRU Third Division.The statement Rangers were relegated is also incorrect. A new company was set up after Rangers Football Club Plc was placed into liquidation in October 2012. The 'newco', trading as The Rangers Football Club Ltd, thereafter listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), trading under the name Rangers International Football Club Plc.The liquidated club, formed in 1872, was placed in administration in February 2012 over non-payment of tax estimated at around £14 million.HM Revenue and Customs then blocked a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) which would have allowed the oldco Rangers to continue trading.Oldco Rangers' administrator Duff & Phelps thereafter sold the assets to a consortium led by Charles Green, then trading under the name Sevco Scotland Ltd, and shareholders in the oldco gave their approval thereafter to change its name to The Rangers Football Club Ltd and the 'oldco' assumed the name RFC 2012.This 'newco' was granted a licence by the Scottish football authorities to re-enter competitive football in Scotland in the third division after the Scottish Premier League clubs voted overwhelmingly against allowing the newco to re-enter top flight Scottish football.

They are also going on the list.

Brenda trying to pass the buck ... typical :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: Nope checked the articles and no mention of Duffer and Phelps .. nice try though.

The club was in administration at the time, you figure it out.........

Let's have a think...

OK - figured.

What you meant to say was that the creditors needed the money.

Greedy bloody Ambulance Service. :angry:

I assume you've had a go at dunfermline for not paying bacvk a penny in their CVA, including the Ambulance service.

Did we ever pay back that money to the SAS Norman?

Oh 3rd episode of Bates motel tonight too.

You'll find the creditors got heehaw worth having either .... anyone know the exact figure (pence in the pound) they eventually received after (RANGERS along with D&P) shafted them?

Densboy admits that it's the same club :lol:

I assume you've had a go at dunfermline for not paying bacvk a penny in their CVA, including the Ambulance service.

We were refused a CVA by the supposed largest creditor , HMRC, was it not their refusal that denied the small creditors the money that they would have got through a CVA?

Looks like there is some corruption on the previous page of this topic. I'm not entirely sure how to fix it to be honest so stay away from page 4705 for now !

Every other page seems to be ok, albeit I must admit I haven't tested all 4703 of them :-)

"corruption"?

As long as no advantage was gained on the field of play...

We were refused a CVA by the supposed largest creditor , HMRC, was it not their refusal that denied the small creditors the money that they would have got through a CVA?

They would have gotten an extra few million if the cVA had been approved. (HBQC will have the exact figures)

Saw the other day that HMRC spent over £3m on the FTT and are spending similar on the UTT when they know that even if they win, they'll never recoup any of that money. Madness.

Maybe it would be better to get back to discussing football..Rangers..The upcoming accounts..the BTC appeal etc etc .... Get away from the pettiness that has spread and now completely taken over this thread.

ETA...I am still on the Forum. I just tend to keep away from here at the moment and try and stick to football chat on the match threads.

I had my son threatened by some daft arse on the Old firm forum. He knew where he golfed..where he stayed etc ..It was a Rangers poster after i had defended a celtic poster. I choose not to post there now. I see this thread going the same way..it is getting too personal and people should think twice about what they post sometimes. I don't care what you said about Gazza...I don't think your families problems should be brought into the argument and certainly not used against you...sorry Bennett but that is just my opinion. It has gone too far for me

Sensible post, and I'll reply in kind, after my somewhat snide little jab.

This thread, this long-lived BRALT, is not and has never been about football. I think we can all agree on that. It's about the spectacularly public fall from grace(!) of a massive "institution whose influence on Scottish Society extends far beyond the sport - whether one believes that to be a benign or malevolent influence. The cheating, lies, corruption and criminality shown, not just by the new club and their predecessors, but also by those in power at almost every level of our game, have gone from long-standing rumour and suspicion to become proven and indisputable fact.

To see one of the "school bullies" of Scottish Football caught with their pants down was absolutely fúcking glorious. To witness the contortion and ad hoc re-writing of rules in the face of justice was, rightly, a cause of anger and shame amongst many fans. To my mind, the fact that there is a team in blue playing at ibrox and claiming 140 years of history is an offence against reason. I have no problem with those who believe this to be "the same club" - just please show the rest of us the respect to believe what we believe. The Summer of Sevco will never be forgotten by us, and fans of ICBINR should be steeling themselves for never seeing this club attain the position of the old one.

Football? I'll continue to post occasionally in our match threads, and maintain a watching brief on other games occasionally. I'm not a great one for posting there, tbh, unless I spot a chance for a bit of a giggle or a wind-up.

I agree that personal attacks are too prevalent on here, but you can be damned sure I'll defend myself if some low-life weasel starts lying about me. "Witty" nicknames aside, the allegation thrown at many supporters that they favour celtic because they don't love rangers is not just insulting, it's imbecilic.

As for Bennett dragging my family into it - he has got previous on this score, and it is a pathetic ploy I agree, but on this occasion he was falsely suggesting that I was related to McCormick. Unfortunately for him, some of us have reliable memories, and will challenge his shite.

Sorry to hear about your boy's problems - and sorry to hear that shite still happens in the WoS even now. I really appreciate not having that undertone to life now I live in Englandshire.

Could always have solved these thorny issues by doing something radical, like, oh I dunno...

Paying the fúcking bills instead of trying to sign Goodwillie or Cousin?

Sensible post, and I'll reply in kind, after my somewhat snide little jab.

This thread, this long-lived BRALT, is not and has never been about football. I think we can all agree on that. It's about the spectacularly public fall from grace(!) of a massive "institution whose influence on Scottish Society extends far beyond the sport - whether one believes that to be a benign or malevolent influence. The cheating, lies, corruption and criminality shown, not just by the new club and their predecessors, but also by those in power at almost every level of our game, have gone from long-standing rumour and suspicion to become proven and indisputable fact.

To see one of the "school bullies" of Scottish Football caught with their pants down was absolutely fúcking glorious. To witness the contortion and ad hoc re-writing of rules in the face of justice was, rightly, a cause of anger and shame amongst many fans. To my mind, the fact that there is a team in blue playing at ibrox and claiming 140 years of history is an offence against reason. I have no problem with those who believe this to be "the same club" - just please show the rest of us the respect to believe what we believe. The Summer of Sevco will never be forgotten by us, and fans of ICBINR should be steeling themselves for never seeing this club attain the position of the old one.

Football? I'll continue to post occasionally in our match threads, and maintain a watching brief on other games occasionally. I'm not a great one for posting there, tbh, unless I spot a chance for a bit of a giggle or a wind-up.

I agree that personal attacks are too prevalent on here, but you can be damned sure I'll defend myself if some low-life weasel starts lying about me. "Witty" nicknames aside, the allegation thrown at many supporters that they favour celtic because they don't love rangers is not just insulting, it's imbecilic.

As for Bennett dragging my family into it - he has got previous on this score, and it is a pathetic ploy I agree, but on this occasion he was falsely suggesting that I was related to McCormick. Unfortunately for him, some of us have reliable memories, and will challenge his shite.

Sorry to hear about your boy's problems - and sorry to hear that shite still happens in the WoS even now. I really appreciate not having that undertone to life now I live in Englandshire.

kleenex.png

Regardless of any CVA outcome , there was and still is nothing stopping rangers from paying their debts or even a % of it !!but then that would require dignity.

They would have gotten an extra few million if the cVA had been approved. (HBQC will have the exact figures)

Saw the other day that HMRC spent over £3m on the FTT and are spending similar on the UTT when they know that even if they win, they'll never recoup any of that money. Madness.

If they win it opens the floodgates so the stakes are higher than just deadco fc,,,,contrary to Orc belief it's not just about rangers.