Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From the UTT;

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/TCC/2013/B6.pdf

4. One of the Murray Group companies was Rangers Football Club plc (“RFC”), whose financial stability was known to be threatened by (among other things) tax debts, or at least claimed tax debts. As is well known, RFC collapsed into administration in March 2012, followed by liquidation in October 2012. It has been re-named RFC 2012 plc. The greater part of its business, and with it most of its assets, were purchased from the administrators in June 2012 by Sevco Scotland Ltd, which has since been re-named The Rangers Football Club Ltd. Although the professional football team known as Rangers had played in the Scottish Premier League until 2012, the collapse led to the ejection of the team from that league, and a team known as Rangers now plays in the Scottish Third Division.

27. Before coming to the detail of the case it is worth making a preliminary observation. I have referred above to the strong feelings of many football supporters. Perhaps because of such feelings, professional football clubs are often regarded as having a special status. In some respects that may be the correct view; but it should nevertheless not be overlooked that a modern professional football club is not a “club”, in the sense of an unincorporated association of members who join together in pursuit of a common purpose, but a commercial enterprise whose function is to generate profits for its shareholders.

“Although the professional football team known as Rangers had played in the Scottish Premier League until 2012, the collapse led to the ejection of the team from that league, and a team known as Rangers now plays in the Scottish Third Division.”

“… a modern professional football club is not a “club”, in the sense of an unincorporated association of members who join together in pursuit of a common purpose, but a commercial enterprise whose function is to generate profits for its shareholders.”

Another one for the enemies list.

An serious point. Does the BBC trust decision – which effectively silences any “alternative” views on the matter – allow the Tribunal Judge’s comments to be reported?

Surely his statements go against the enforced BBC’policy? Perhaps that’s why the BBC has not reported them.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Batshit is running away from me again, but isn't it curious how he finds great offence in a typo and screams homophobia, whilst at the same time actively promoting the abuse of people with learning disabilities. He actually finds it acceptable to indulge in disablism and exhibit a hatred for disabled people. Must be a Tory.

Of course...

And your 'batshit' is a term of endearment is it? Or perhaps you were seeking to engender a sense of inclusiveness with it. Maybe even a compliment?

What a fucking w****r you are :lol:

Any he holds in the rangers superiority complex, unless you can persuade me otherwise that is..

When you say "he" are you referring to myself? I support a football club, nothing superior about me. I have many friends and family that support other football clubs, I don't have any superiority over any of them, so what views do I hold

You are adding shite to shite and producing shite squared. No mean achievement! I am also amazed that, while we Bears moved on from this a generation ago, the Ps&Ds haven't caught up.

Away back to the stone age.

30.000 singing 'what's it like to live in fear' to a football manager they were trying to assasinate. Very 1980s.

What about, what about, what about.

Yes, calling a p***k, a p***k, on a football forum is fine by me.

Just like abusing journalists and their families on the street is fine by magoo.

Now I didn't say that did I ? But don't let the truth get in the way of your sleazy little agenda ;-)