Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Heres a thought...quite out there but maybe..just maybe if ither clubs supporters showed the same level of loyalty as the Rangers support have the game in Scotland would be in a far healthier state

Loyalty? :D

You lot TUPE'd across as fast as you could to the new club/company.

It could be interesting especially if both sets of fans are allowed to sing what they want as long as it doesn't incite a public disorder. I haven't seen this or any reference to it on the site, appologies if it has already gone up. http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Pro-IRA-chants-are-legal-28052013.htm

Pro-IRA chants are legal
00363990%20-%20250x179.jpg
Inverness Sheriff Court.

A SHERIFF has ruled it is within the law to sing pro-terrorist songs at football matches in a landmark ruling in Inverness.

Clearing Celtic fan Calum Graham yesterday, Sheriff Margaret Neilson said it was not enough for a chant to be offensive, it also had to be "likely to incite public disorder".

"Parliament clearly has it in mind that you must pass this hurdle for it to be an offence," she explained, admitting she had "certain sympathy" with the police trying to deal with the legislation.

Twenty-one-year-old Graham was identified on video by police singing The Roll of Honour, a pro-IRA song commemorating hunger strikers in Northern Ireland prisons, during the match in Inverness between Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Celtic on 25th August last year.

The fan, from Glasgow, admitted he was one of a group singing it but denied behaving in an offensive manner likely to incite public disorder.

The court heard Graham was among dozens of fans caught chanting on camera by officers drafted in from Glasgow.

PC Barry Inglis told the Inverness Sheriff Court trial that he believed the song could have sparked trouble at the game, which was close to a sell-out with a crowd of more than 6000.

The fact it did not was down to the strong police presence and the number of stewards on duty.

He added that the song lyrics had been changed to include the words "England you’re a b*****d".

Asked by defence solicitor Duncan Henderson how many of the dozens of fans singing the song were arrested he revealed that only two arrests were made.

Mr Henderson said The Roll of Honour was a song which had aspirations of Ireland becoming "a nation once again" and asked PC Inglis if the anthem for the Scotland football and rugby teams "Flower of Scotland" contained a similar sentiment.

The officer agreed it did but added The Roll of Honour was a song which also supported a terrorist organisation.

Police Sergeant Neil Macleod trains officers across Scotland about offensive behaviour at football grounds. He was on duty at the match and at half-time was informed by the match commander complaints had been received about the songs being sung and he was asked if there was any evidence of those responsible.

Graham was easily identified because he wore a distinctive white tee-shirt and was raising his arms.

Graham, who was said to have no convictions and had never been in trouble with the police, told the court he had attended more than 300 Celtic matches and regularly sang the song.

He did not know the song referred to a terrorist organisation and it was not his intention to cause offence.

When stopped by the police he felt "shocked and quite upset."

After the case he said: "I’m relieved. The last 10 months have been terrible and I’m glad it’s all over. I will never sing the song again."

:lol:

Heres a thought...quite out there but maybe..just maybe if ither clubs supporters showed the same level of loyalty as the Rangers support have the game in Scotland would be in a far healthier state

Too many glory hunters/bigots in this country, unfortunately :(

If we are going into past tense with other clubs its only fair to mention the level of loyalty your team's supporters showed before the summer of 2012. You also forget the level of loyalty shown by other supporters for clubs like Dundee, Ross County, Livingston, Stranraer and more all who rallied round got organised to help their club when things were looking bleak, where were the thousands of Rangers fans that could have saved Rangers during Craig Whyte's reign, where were the loyal then?.

Just because a certain club has 10 or more times the support of all other Scottish Clubs bar Celtic it doesn't mean their support is in any way more loyal than supporters of say Montrose or East Stirlingshire. I think there is also more chance there is thousands of so called Rangers fans who never go to games either regularly or at all, maybe some have never actually seen Ibrox with their own eyes but would rather sit at home on the sofa watching the big game with their finger in their arse. I will say with certainty that there will be a higher percentage of fans of the smaller provincial clubs that actually go to their teams games than not go at all compared to both Rangers and Celtic.

Edited by CityDave

Too many glory hunters/bigots in this country, unfortunately :(

I actually agree with you to an extent BUT it is too easy just to blame the supporters of Rangers. Now is the time that every club should be busting a gut to attract back the supporters that have drifted away.

celtic have taken a bold step in reducing season ticket prices by around £100 and allowing supporters to move their seats from half empty stands. This should attract many back and improve the atmosphere at their stadium. Obviously the Champions League revenue will make up the shortfall.

For decades people have said that without the 'Big 2' our game would flourish and the fans would come flooding back to watch their clubs competing at the top end of the table while chasing Cups and European places. I never believed that for one minute and last season proved beyond any doubt that it is simply not true.

There are far too many 'Professional' clubs in Scotland and this is where the main problem lies. Our game needs restructuring from top to bottom but i just don't think the authorities or the paying public have the courage to make the hard hitting decisions that are needed. Nope we will all just struggle on and keep the status quo

I actually agree with you to an extent BUT it is too easy just to blame the supporters of Rangers. Now is the time that every club should be busting a gut to attract back the supporters that have drifted away.

celtic have taken a bold step in reducing season ticket prices by around £100 and allowing supporters to move their seats from half empty stands. This should attract many back and improve the atmosphere at their stadium. Obviously the Champions League revenue will make up the shortfall.

For decades people have said that without the 'Big 2' our game would flourish and the fans would come flooding back to watch their clubs competing at the top end of the table while chasing Cups and European places. I never believed that for one minute and last season proved beyond any doubt that it is simply not true.

There are far too many 'Professional' clubs in Scotland and this is where the main problem lies. Our game needs restructuring from top to bottom but i just don't think the authorities or the paying public have the courage to make the hard hitting decisions that are needed. Nope we will all just struggle on and keep the status quo

Now we just have the big 1, maybe if they left the SPL things would start to pick up. The best that any team (apart from the lonesome onesome) could hope for last season was 2nd. Perhaps if the big city teams, or more accurately Dundee United, Hibs and Aberdeen could have got their act together attendances could have picked up - Hearts' financial woes were always going to have a negative impact on the team - but overall attendances seem to have held up quite well. St Mirren won the league cup and no Celtic in the final, and Hibs reached the Scottish Cup Final, again.

We're not in a footballing land of milk and honey, but there is no need for the sackcloth and ashes, either.

I don't think its quite as bad as that.

On your last paragraph, If there is enough people to go and watch their team and that club is sustainable at that level then that isn't a problem. The main problem is the lack of investment into the game or investment into sport in general in this country.

I would welcome a pyramid system in if its the best way of clubs and players to reach their full potential at all levels. Change is coming don't you worry.

In the know journo and bluenose R Wilson writing yesterday that only 7-8 mil of the IPO money is left and that lessons have not been learned.

Tick, tock.

Don't worry Sevco fans have completely ignored that, when they go bust again it will be all somebody else's fault, btw I see their latest carpetbag...chairmen is giving them the old "our enemies want be forgotten " speech.

Jesus wept, I thought this was a wind-up;

You didn't do walking away! Stage one complete. We couldn't have done it without you.

2013/14 season tickets are frozen at 2012/13 prices and are available to renew NOW until Friday 28 June.

New sales will begin in the middle of July, if you wish to join the waiting list and be contacted when season tickets are on sale click here.

A MESSAGE FROM THE MANAGER

When everything looked uncertain and our future was on the line, you the fans, stood true. With your unwavering commitment we have overcome our first obstacle and stage one is complete. We are READY to go forward, and more than ever we need your continued and brilliant support.

You broke attendance records last year time after time, and the world saw Rangers fans demonstrate loyalty the likes of which no other club will ever enjoy.

We know renewing your season ticket is a huge commitment and we can’t stress enough how crucial your support is in bringing security and prosperity to our club.

Last season the Club reduced season tickets by a third and in recognition of your unquestionable loyalty and support the Board has taken the decision to freeze season tickets for the coming season to ensure we keep filling Ibrox and breaking those records once again.

You are the lifeblood of this 141 year old institution and on behalf of everyone at Rangers Football Club I would like to thank you for your incredible backing.

We will do everything we can to repay your loyalty, delivering the success this football club and our fans deserve and ultimately regaining our rightful place at the top of Scottish football.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WTF?!

Why do the **** cream themselves over him saying 'we are the people'? What does it even mean? Is it some sort of supremacist slogan?

Of course it is, and it's truest meaning a secret known only to the chosen into the bargain.

Dry yer eyes :lol:

Such pish No8.

Virtually every Queens fan I know goes to watch Queens regularly. Virtually every Rangers fan I know, doesn't.

Answer the question then. What exactly does it mean and why do you all get so excited over it?

There was an umpteen page thread on here years ago, think it was culled.

Conclusion I think was it was a corruption of "wee arra people" , ie they were pygmy in both cocksize and intellect .

Why do the **** cream themselves over him saying 'we are the people'? What does it even mean? Is it some sort of supremacist slogan?

If you have to ask the question then you wouldn't understand the answer. WATP and you're not is all you need to know ;)

Aye thats right enough.

Well Said Ally, where do I sign.

:thumsup2

I'm sure you would have signed up anyway Tedi, no need for the lowest common denominator dog-whistle?

Why even come out with that pish, I genuinely thought it was one your sisters having a laugh it was so out there.

God help you, or hell mend you.

Last season the Club reduced season tickets by a third and in recognition of your unquestionable loyalty.

Nothing to do with reforming as a new club in SFL3 then? :1eye

I see the new Chief exec is learning the ropes quickly;

“Sometimes you have to wait. We have chosen and we will continually choose the right moment to strike. Please, please never believe that I or any other directors don’t know the names of the people who have tried to damage this club. We know all of them.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by AberdeenBud