Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Kings Lynn? Is this what it's come to? :D

Ach, on Friday night I had him furiously googling a Jewish school in Dublin with regards Jon Daly, and tonight furiously googling a non entity of a team in Norfolk.

A satisfactory weekend :D

..and nor will 'great'

It could be interesting especially if both sets of fans are allowed to sing what they want as long as it doesn't incite a public disorder. I haven't seen this or any reference to it on the site, appologies if it has already gone up. http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Pro-IRA-chants-are-legal-28052013.htm

Pro-IRA chants are legal
00363990%20-%20250x179.jpg
Inverness Sheriff Court.

A SHERIFF has ruled it is within the law to sing pro-terrorist songs at football matches in a landmark ruling in Inverness.

Clearing Celtic fan Calum Graham yesterday, Sheriff Margaret Neilson said it was not enough for a chant to be offensive, it also had to be "likely to incite public disorder".

"Parliament clearly has it in mind that you must pass this hurdle for it to be an offence," she explained, admitting she had "certain sympathy" with the police trying to deal with the legislation.

Twenty-one-year-old Graham was identified on video by police singing The Roll of Honour, a pro-IRA song commemorating hunger strikers in Northern Ireland prisons, during the match in Inverness between Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Celtic on 25th August last year.

The fan, from Glasgow, admitted he was one of a group singing it but denied behaving in an offensive manner likely to incite public disorder.

The court heard Graham was among dozens of fans caught chanting on camera by officers drafted in from Glasgow.

PC Barry Inglis told the Inverness Sheriff Court trial that he believed the song could have sparked trouble at the game, which was close to a sell-out with a crowd of more than 6000.

The fact it did not was down to the strong police presence and the number of stewards on duty.

He added that the song lyrics had been changed to include the words "England you’re a b*****d".

Asked by defence solicitor Duncan Henderson how many of the dozens of fans singing the song were arrested he revealed that only two arrests were made.

Mr Henderson said The Roll of Honour was a song which had aspirations of Ireland becoming "a nation once again" and asked PC Inglis if the anthem for the Scotland football and rugby teams "Flower of Scotland" contained a similar sentiment.

The officer agreed it did but added The Roll of Honour was a song which also supported a terrorist organisation.

Police Sergeant Neil Macleod trains officers across Scotland about offensive behaviour at football grounds. He was on duty at the match and at half-time was informed by the match commander complaints had been received about the songs being sung and he was asked if there was any evidence of those responsible.

Graham was easily identified because he wore a distinctive white tee-shirt and was raising his arms.

Graham, who was said to have no convictions and had never been in trouble with the police, told the court he had attended more than 300 Celtic matches and regularly sang the song.

He did not know the song referred to a terrorist organisation and it was not his intention to cause offence.

When stopped by the police he felt "shocked and quite upset."

After the case he said: "I’m relieved. The last 10 months have been terrible and I’m glad it’s all over. I will never sing the song again."

Edited by CityDave

It could be interesting especially if both sets of fans are allowed to sing what they want as long as it doesn't incite a public disorder. I haven't seen this or any reference to it on the site, appologies if it has already gone up. http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Pro-IRA-chants-are-legal-28052013.htm

Oh dear a judge ruling pro IRA chants are legal, no doubt the rangers fans on here who have been using the desicions of judges as the be all and end all will be delighted.

No. Being Scottish has given me strength to walk through the darkest times in my life with my head held high.

Being Scottish is the best thing about me.

Each to their own.

I don't find Scotland and being Scottish embarrassing for the stereotypical reason that your "we know" response implied tho. I hate it for a multitude of reasons. I fucking hate Ireland too actually - North and South, mainly because of the warped Scottish arseholes up here who bang on about it constantly. Britain in general = shithole.

And I've heard all the arse, door and way out jibes before. Believe me when I say I would if I could. Like a shot. ;)

Dhenboy drop the charade, everyone knows it's you.

As Tom English said on radio, if it's a different/new club then why are Celtic fans obsessing over it....

Aye no bother awra. Answer to your question is you'll need to ask them. It's an ubdisputable fact that once a club becomes a business it cant reverse it. Deal with it.

Every football organisation say Rangers are still....well Rangers.

Every legal challenge has said that Rangers are still...Rangers

Rangers still play at their historic home.

Rangers still wear the famous Royal Blue

Rangers still had to pay the footballing debt of the Oldco.

I still use the same Rangers smartcard to gain entry to our Historic and listed football stadium. The Big Hoose is well and truly still open.

Rangers then...Rangers Now...Rangers Forever

Oh wait....An ICT fan who admits his brain was fried years ago after the misuse of drugs and a few obsessives from the East End claim we are a new club.

It's a toughy right enough but i think i will go with what the courts and footballing authorities say.

Ignoring for now the disparity in treatment from the governing bodies towards your club and mine and ignoring the fact that at every possible opportunity you lot rally against the footballing authorities and denounce them as cheats and liars here is how I see it.

Airdrieonians folded.

We are not Clydebank despite buying their club (and importantly league membership) as Clydebank are alive and well in the juniors.

We play at the same stadium as Airdrieonians.

We play in the same diamond jersey as Airdrieonians.

We have (an increasingly small) number of the same supporters as at Airdrieonians.

When people can be arsed we have the same songs as Airdrieonians.

We do not have Clydebanks history.

We do not have Airdrieonians history.

Even if we manage to change the club name to Airdrieonians as some people desire, we will never be the same Airdrieonians.

We are a new club.

You are a new club so fucking suck it up and get on with it.

Ignoring for now the disparity in treatment from the governing bodies towards your club and mine and ignoring the fact that at every possible opportunity you lot rally against the footballing authorities and denounce them as cheats and liars here is how I see it.

Airdrieonians folded.

We are not Clydebank despite buying their club (and importantly league membership) as Clydebank are alive and well in the juniors.

We play at the same stadium as Airdrieonians.

We play in the same diamond jersey as Airdrieonians.

We have (an increasingly small) number of the same supporters as at Airdrieonians.

When people can be arsed we have the same songs as Airdrieonians.

We do not have Clydebanks history.

We do not have Airdrieonians history.

Even if we manage to change the club name to Airdrieonians as some people desire, we will never be the same Airdrieonians.

We are a new club.

You are a new club so fucking suck it up and get on with it.

If there had been any integrity at the time Airdrie Utd should have started in the 3rd Division and Stranraer should have stayed up in the 2nd.

Couldn't happen to a nicer fellow;

FOOTBALL legend Gordon Smith has revealed that losing his job at Rangers was the "final straw" that forced him into bankruptcy.

gordonsmith.JPG

The former SFA chief executive, who stacked up £644,411 of debts, has spoken openly about the strain of his financial problems and admitted he had already lost his house to pay off creditors.

His £500,000 family home in Newton Mearns will soon be sold and he said he was asked to leave his job as director of football at Rangers without any pay off.

Mr Smith, 58, said: "I have been living with this problem for more than a year. I tried my best to avoid bankruptcy. This was the last thing I wanted. Everything was going well for a spell and I didn't see it coming. That's why I suffered.

"I was continuing to manage to cover my debt but losing my job and income at Rangers was the final straw.

"Rangers asked me to go. I never received a penny. I didn't ask for money. I felt it was the right thing to do.

"All this has shown me that the love and support of your family is more important in life than money."

The father of three said the worst thing had been knowing his children wouldn't benefit from the assets he hoped to pass on to them. Smith also said he had learned who his true friends were.

He said: "Now that my friends have been made aware through the media the responses and support I've received have been incredible. I haven't moved on but you never know what's going to come along. I'm hopeful I'll turn things around."

Jesus wept, I thought this was a wind-up;

You didn't do walking away! Stage one complete. We couldn't have done it without you.

2013/14 season tickets are frozen at 2012/13 prices and are available to renew NOW until Friday 28 June.

New sales will begin in the middle of July, if you wish to join the waiting list and be contacted when season tickets are on sale click here.

A MESSAGE FROM THE MANAGER
When everything looked uncertain and our future was on the line, you the fans, stood true. With your unwavering commitment we have overcome our first obstacle and stage one is complete. We are READY to go forward, and more than ever we need your continued and brilliant support.

You broke attendance records last year time after time, and the world saw Rangers fans demonstrate loyalty the likes of which no other club will ever enjoy.

We know renewing your season ticket is a huge commitment and we can’t stress enough how crucial your support is in bringing security and prosperity to our club.

Last season the Club reduced season tickets by a third and in recognition of your unquestionable loyalty and support the Board has taken the decision to freeze season tickets for the coming season to ensure we keep filling Ibrox and breaking those records once again.

You are the lifeblood of this 141 year old institution and on behalf of everyone at Rangers Football Club I would like to thank you for your incredible backing.

We will do everything we can to repay your loyalty, delivering the success this football club and our fans deserve and ultimately regaining our rightful place at the top of Scottish football.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jesus wept, I thought this was a wind-up;

You didn't do walking away! Stage one complete. We couldn't have done it without you.

2013/14 season tickets are frozen at 2012/13 prices and are available to renew NOW until Friday 28 June.

New sales will begin in the middle of July, if you wish to join the waiting list and be contacted when season tickets are on sale click here.

A MESSAGE FROM THE MANAGER

When everything looked uncertain and our future was on the line, you the fans, stood true. With your unwavering commitment we have overcome our first obstacle and stage one is complete. We are READY to go forward, and more than ever we need your continued and brilliant support.

You broke attendance records last year time after time, and the world saw Rangers fans demonstrate loyalty the likes of which no other club will ever enjoy.

We know renewing your season ticket is a huge commitment and we can’t stress enough how crucial your support is in bringing security and prosperity to our club.

Last season the Club reduced season tickets by a third and in recognition of your unquestionable loyalty and support the Board has taken the decision to freeze season tickets for the coming season to ensure we keep filling Ibrox and breaking those records once again.

You are the lifeblood of this 141 year old institution and on behalf of everyone at Rangers Football Club I would like to thank you for your incredible backing.

We will do everything we can to repay your loyalty, delivering the success this football club and our fans deserve and ultimately regaining our rightful place at the top of Scottish football.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He said while stroking the cash cow on the nose.

Heres a thought...quite out there but maybe..just maybe if ither clubs supporters showed the same level of loyalty as the Rangers support have the game in Scotland would be in a far healthier state