Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ah Rico, no need to post pictures of your heroes.

So you didn't join in then Tedi? :1eye

Whyte arrives to a hero’s welcome at Ibrox
STV 7 May 2011 14:33 BST
91906-off-to-a-flier-smith-bain-whyte-anOff to a flier: Smith, Bain, Whyte and co celebrate a strong Rangers performance©: SNS Group

New Rangers owner Craig Whyte arrived to a thunderous applause as he entered Ibrox for the very first time as the new owner of Rangers Football Club.

Following on from late night negotiations that concluded the long-winded saga, Whyte took his seat alongside the board of directors for the club’s crucial SPL match against Hearts today.

The new owner arrived in an understated fashion, but the sight of him sent the hundreds of waiting fans at the main entrance of Ibrox into raptures.

Interestingly, Whyte took his seat sitting shoulder to shoulder with one of the men he called into question last night, Chief Executive Martin Bain.

Constant friction between Whyte and the board was to blame for the lengthy takeover process. The board’s ‘sub-committee’ are still expressing serious doubts as to whether Whyte has sufficient funds to cope with a possible tax bill that could land on the Ibrox club’s doorstep, following ongoing HMRC investigations.

'Lack of clarity' from Rangers owner over funding for potential tax bill

The potential ill-feeling between Whyte and the board could be somewhat eased by Rangers’ emphatic 4-0 win over Hearts, further extending their lead at the top of the SPL to four points.

Rangers stopped short of unveiling Whyte on the field, but the fans are under no illusions that things will change at their club.

After 36 trophies in 22 years under Sir David Murray, Rangers are now entering the age of Craig Whyte, who after snapping up over 85% of the club’s shares, has pledged £25m over five years to invest in the team. The new owner is also expected to make a statement on a potential restructuring of the Rangers board.

With the Ibrox club now in poll position to secure the SPL title, but the lingering threats of board unrest and HMRC tax implications looming, it seems that the club may yet face further changes over the coming months. The long term vision of Craig Whyte is yet unclear, but the businessman appears to already have the full backing of the fans.

Good job you ignored those nasty timmy bloggers.

I see no problem at all in comparing the violent and intimidating section of the sevconians to a lynch mob.

A spade is a spade, and a quasi-paramilitary, hate-filled sectarian lynch mob, is a quasi-paramilitary hate-filled sectarian lynch mob.

I see no problem in it either.

The thing is though - the Celtic support is exactly the same.

Think back, its not that long ago that Celtic's intimidation ended up with the referees going on strike.

It is amusing however to see the lengths that someone will go to in a post to justify why they support a particular football club. Do you think they have maybe spent years thinking up that dross? Do you think they are maybe trying to justify it to themselves?

Do you think that, maybe, they doth protest just a little bit too much?

Two cheeks of the same arse. Never forget it.

Think back, its not that long ago that Celtic's intimidation ended up with the referees going on strike.

It is amusing however to see the lengths that someone will go to in a post to justify why they support a particular football club. Do you think they have maybe spent years thinking up that dross? Do you think they are maybe trying to justify it to themselves?

I won't disagree with any of that (couldn't if i wanted to),

Looks like the Cap has saw through your charade too Wullie ;)

KKK and black people. Two cheeks of the same arse.

Mazis and Jews. Two cheeks of the same arse.

Looks like the Cap has saw through your charade too Wullie ;)

At least you flith-bags stand on your own 2 feet.

It amuses when I see Celtic fans attempting to latch onto supporters of non Old Firm fans in their battle with Rangers.

It amuses me when I see blatant extremist Celtic websites masquerading as neutral Scottish football websites.

2 cheeks of the same arse.

It amuses when I see Celtic fans attempting to latch onto supporters of non Old Firm fans in their battle with Rangers.

It amuses me when I see blatant extremist Celtic websites masquerading as neutral Scottish football websites.

I remember years ago a guy i used to work with brought in one of Matt McGlones fanzines and i had a gander at it, this was around the early 00's when internet forums were starting to kick off. Basically McGlone was trying to get Celtic fans to pose as fans of 'other teams' online to paint a positive picture of Celtic and a negative one regarding Rangers.

Edited by bennett

blatant extremist Celtic site? Hope you are not lumping my site in with that given more non-OF fans write for it than celtic fans

And as usual the arsehole between the two cheeks is farting rather loudly,just as well you do not support either Celtic or Rangers because you'd be the worst of the bigots Cap'n by the rantings you post on here :P .

I hate Celtic, they are better than us, bigger than us, I support a shit club sniffle sniffle, dry your eyes ya big handbag

I bet you wear a Celtic top in public, don't you? I bet it makes you feel proud, doesn't it?

I bet you walk down the street with your Celtic top on and your chest puffed out... you do, don't you?

:1eye

Don't be so harsh on yourself

Mehhhhhhhh :P .

How many articles on your website have looked at Celtic's exploitation of sectarianism for the past century?

Maybe he could write an article on St Mirren fans exploiting the OF's sectarian bigotry by actively being sectarian bigots about the OF's sectarian bigotry !.

Seriously Cap'n the way you bang on about the OF's problematic associations with religion and other various aspects of the support borders on you being a third part of the sectarian divide,and so I could claim that non OF supporters like you are really the third cheek of the same arse because you actively pursue the sectarian element all the time even when a thread has no sectarian content :blink: .

The REAL issue here is that I am open about who I support

The real issue is that you, your medium and your fellow-travellers have no interest in football.......your'e all about The Rangers.

If you support the team that you claim to support then go and fucking post about them.

Edited to add: if the tables were turned and and Celtic were liquidated I would be embarrassed as f**k if Bears made all these blogs and posts and whatever.

Edited by The_Kincardine