Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It does help MT but that's about it.

No, that's not about it.

Money spent on players is clearly the main determinant in success on the field. This is so plainly self-evident as to scarcely need saying.

If a team spends many times what its rivals can, it guarantees success over them.

Please don't make me explain this as if it's a complex concept.

Exactly, Rangers will not need to spend a fortune to challenge Celtic when we get back to the SPL

:lol:

But Rangers felt the need to spend an absolute fortune in the SFL compared to Celtic to the rest of the SPL :lol: .

If Celtic spent times the amount that Rangers paid their players in the SFL for the SPL then Messi would be an option for Celtic as they would be spending hundreds of millions.That's the gulf in terms of ratio to the opposition.

By your deluded philosophy there Tedi then Man City should have romped the EPL beating every team easily as they have a way larger wage budget than any other club in it.

It is a shitty Celtic side, HB. So shitty in fact that they managed what big spending Man City and Chelsea couldn't in the CL.

I hope we're every bit as shitty next season. ;)

I'll give Hellboy a shout, he'll know.

Haw Hellboy is 29.9% the threshold before you are obliged to put in an offer to buy the rest of the business?

It's ok Bennett found it myself, according to this it's 30%.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeover

www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/the-code/download-code

No, that's not about it.

Money spent on players is clearly the main determinant in success on the field. This is so plainly self-evident as to scarcely need saying.

If a team spends many times what its rivals can, it guarantees success over them.

Your statement doesn't make sense when Rangers finished behind Celtic and Hearts in season 2005-2006.

But I'll agree that it is the main factor for success but doesn't always work.

It is a shitty Celtic side, HB. So shitty in fact that they managed what big spending Man City and Chelsea couldn't in the CL.

I hope we're every bit as shitty next season. ;)

Aye I hope it's so shitty next season we get to the quarter finals and do the domestic treble and I would feel so fucking shitty HT :lol:

:lol:

But Rangers felt the need to spend an absolute fortune in the SFL compared to Celtic to the rest of the SPL :lol: .

If Celtic spent times the amount that Rangers paid their players in the SFL for the SPL then Messi would be an option for Celtic as they would be spending hundreds of millions.That's the gulf in terms of ratio to the opposition.

How come The Plastics keep banging on about Messi? Is he looking to come to The Gallowgate for some fashion advice?

It's ok Bennett found it myself, according to this it's 30%.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeover

www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/the-code/download-code

Had a look at it and it says they need to pay the highest price shares stood at in the past 12 months :blink: 95p a share ! I don't see the burn it bus bros shedding out at that price :lol:

Your statement doesn't make sense when Rangers finished behind Celtic and Hearts in season 2005-2006.

But I'll agree that it is the main factor for success but doesn't always work.

My statement makes perfect sense. Of course there are blips and exceptions, but the fact that spending is the major factor is, as you acknowledge, undeniable.

It's not a co-incidence that in the example you cite, the one time a diddy got above Rangers, they had to embark on suicidal spending to do it.

Scottish football is fucked because of the OF,

You've got it Ted.

You don't need to be complicit in this damage. It's one short step from here for you to become an Arbroath fan.

I don't believe your club really can be cleansed Ted, but you can be.

You can be!

Had a look at it and it says they need to pay the highest price shares stood at in the past 12 months :blink: 95p a share ! I don't see the burn it bus bros shedding out at that price :lol:

That's a very good point Hellbhoy, with such a high price point it makes you wonder why they want to get so close to the threshold unless they have a pact with some of the other investors. What sort of worth do these brothers have? I've never heard of them before this week, maybe it's because I'm an east coaster. Edited by statts1976uk

Rubbish, there is no chance I can never be cleansed, just ask my GF she will confirm I am just downright dirty ;)

I've no plans to dwell on the exploits of you and your convent girl Tedi.

However, I do detect some self-loathing connected to your attachment to Rangers these days. Arbroath need you and would appreciate you.

Walk away Ted. Just walk away - everyone's doing it.

No, that's not about it.

eh, Manchester City :wacko:

tedi, the point I'm trying to make is that Rangers could sign the majority of players in Scotland, and pay them less than £2k a week.

Plenty of young players playing in the SPL, who are much better players than Rangers current young players, would jump at the chance to sign for Rangers, and most for much less than £2k

We have an excellent group of guys who need to be managed better. We could also add a few good players from SFL2/3 and we will scoosh Div 2 next season.

Ours isn;t a money problem......it;s a coaching and attitude problem.