Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hello Henke. So how are you? How are you doing with Rangers' titles? Seems ages since we chatted.

No bad thanks big man. No been on as much recently.

I still have WWII and Cilla Black's entire sixties output.

Both of you are wrong because thunder and lightning both happen at the exact same time but distance is the factor here as sound travels slower than the speed of light :smartass .

It's a structural question, rather than a comprehension issue. The same structure (with added adjective) would apply to the sentence "rangers play attractive football".

As with the lightning/thunder example, the structure is correct, but the statement is false - because rangers no longer exist.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Is "precedes" not the predicate?

Parsing, eh? That takes me back. Early 60's at primary school to be exact.

"precedes" is a functional equivalent of a predicate but isn't one. The idea that sentences need a predicate is as absurd as the idea that they shouldn't start with a conjunction.

English has a much more fluid structure than WRK knows. He should be disbarred from his self-appointed role as grammar police.

You could always come out from behind your shield of fantasy and tell your wee mates what I actually complained about, Bennett. You'll notice that following that little episode, Tedi and I have come to somewhat of a grown-up, if still (understandably) confrontational, understanding.

You, on the other hand, as your credibility falls entirely to pieces, take another step (a leap, this time) down the food chain until you find someone stupid enough to take you seriously.

You really are a horrible creature. And that's only your persona on here I'm basing it on. No lies, no fantasy life, no slander. You're simply vile.

Let me see theres been quite a few complaints from you.

Mocking Phil Macmadeupnames many names

About me being a big bad bigot who disnae support his local team

Rangers fans posting on the Rangers forum

Laughing at the Thai T**s female Donnie Dotaman and the Greens Brigades Paul McBride is dead song.

Calling you Norman

Calling you a weirdo

I could go on ....

"precedes" is a functional equivalent of a predicate but isn't one. The idea that sentences need a predicate is as absurd as the idea that they shouldn't start with a conjunction.

English has a much more fluid structure than WRK knows. He should be disbarred from his self-appointed role as grammar police.

Oh, I know how fluid it can be, Kincardine. You should read some of the stuff I've written in my time!

English is a beautiful language and can be used and abused in many different forms in order to reinforce the impact of the written word - see that tosser Irvine Welsh for a good, if extreme, example. When the story is advanced in the voices of the characters, normal grammatical structure goes tit up - but the story is the stronger for it. The freedom to twist the rules, though, should be dependent on one's understanding of them.

When someone who clearly has no grasp of his mother tongue sets himself up to criticise others' input, it's only fair that he gets it returned with interest. I'll expect the same. ;)

Oh, and by the rules I learnt, "precedes" in that sentence most certainly is the predicate. I'd refer you to Miss Maguire, but she was about 140 when she taught me, so I assume "Holy Annie" is long gone by now.

Fixed. ..................Ah, wait a minute. Can one be racist towards Smurfs?

Interesting, do you think I should get reported for posting, I would only want to do Smufette from behind because I would be offended by her blue cum face? And if Kincardine and WKR could analyse the sentence " do smurfette from behind" for me, that would be swell.

Hang on didn't we hear about (another) gangster buyng the newclub, the fuzz getting (more) involved and bomber brown claiming he knows EVERYTHING, today.

f**k it, you guys talk about whatever you like

Aye but we still have Mary Stavin (a former Miss World) as an uber-bear:

You've got Susan Boyle ;)

AH ! but Susan Boyle has more worldly records than Rangers The_.

And if you can read this without cringing or laughing too much she is a more attractive product when it comes to making money :) Kerrching.

Let me see theres been quite a few complaints from you.

Mocking Phil Macmadeupnames many names

About me being a big bad bigot who disnae support his local team

Rangers fans posting on the Rangers forum

Laughing at the Thai T**s female Donnie Dotaman and the Greens Brigades Paul McBride is dead song.

Calling you Norman

Calling you a weirdo

I could go on ....

No doubt you will, and by the blind squirrel/nut formula, you may find one eventually.

Shouldn't be too difficult - I've only complained about you on one or two occasions. None of the above subjects, funnily enough, came up. There is one line up there that's got a shred of truth, mind - although the correct term would be sad, spineless,lying wee bigot.

Wid.

Both.

So your fantasy threesome is you, Mary Stavin and Susan Boyle? Yup, shows the ambition of The *****s.

Edited to add: My fantasy threesome would be Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman naked aside from orange collarettes and masonic aprons. Goats optional.

Edited by The_Kincardine