Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The noise test holds good here - if you hear a loud bang in the street, do you think "Aha - was that a sniper?".

Because most people would think, "that bang means a car's back-fired", and the word "sniper" wouldn't occur, because there just aren't many snipers around.

I mean, it could be either a sniper or a car. But it's probably a car.

Sorry, you sent their brains into overdrive, had to put it in the only language they use and understand.

Tedi and the two Bens might even come back with the argument "Ah. That's all well and good. But, if you lived in Africa...." :lol:

Edited by Bookies Love Me

BBC finally getting the picture, when will P & B?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21283401

The commission will decide if the company that formerly ran the club broke Scottish Premier League rules.

In the same vein, the SPL's own statement lists the club as distinct from the two companies, the one that used to operate the club and the one that does now:

“The Independent Commission chaired by Rt Hon Lord Nimmo Smith, sitting with Nicholas Stewart QC and Charles Flint QC, to determine issues concerning EBT payments and arrangements at RFC 2012 PLC (in liquidation) (formerly The Rangers Football Club Plc) (“Oldco”) and Rangers Football Club, heard evidence and submissions at a hearing on 29, 30 & 31 January 2013.

“Parties before the commission were: The Scottish Premier League Limited, represented by Mr Rod McKenzie of Harper MacLeod; and Oldco, represented by Mr James Mure QC, instructed by Mr Michael McLaughlin of DWF Biggart Baillie.

“Mr Mure QC also on 31 January represented Rangers Football Club and The Rangers Football Club Ltd (“Newco”) in regard to submissions on any possible sanction which might apply in the event that any breach was established. The Commission has reserved judgement and will issue a full written decision in due course. Until that decision is issued no further comment will be made.”

A source said: Lord Nimmo Smith has a lot of evidence and submissions to go through and also has to examine the SPL rulebook. These are serious allegations and he will not be rushed.”

We also understand that Biggart Baillie, the lawyers representing Rangers oldco, are quietly confident of securing a positive outcome.

They believe the findings of the first-tier tax tribunal – which cleared Rangers of cooking the books – has significantly weakened the case against the club."

We'll see - it's not the outcome I expect.

Strange that the SPL was represented by fat Rodney, especially when we've previously been assured that he was only involved in a low level role.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BB89ZgqCIAAM-zb.jpg:large'>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BB89ZgqCIAAM-zb.jpg:large

i take it rangers fans wont accept the decision if it goes against them citing conflict of interest and an unfit panel etc?

In the same vein, the SPL's own statement lists the club as distinct from the two companies, the one that used to operate the club and the one that does now:

“The Independent Commission chaired by Rt Hon Lord Nimmo Smith, sitting with Nicholas Stewart QC and Charles Flint QC, to determine issues concerning EBT payments and arrangements at RFC 2012 PLC (in liquidation) (formerly The Rangers Football Club Plc) (“Oldco”) and Rangers Football Club, heard evidence and submissions at a hearing on 29, 30 & 31 January 2013.

“Parties before the commission were: The Scottish Premier League Limited, represented by Mr Rod McKenzie of Harper MacLeod; and Oldco, represented by Mr James Mure QC, instructed by Mr Michael McLaughlin of DWF Biggart Baillie.

“Mr Mure QC also on 31 January represented Rangers Football Club and The Rangers Football Club Ltd (“Newco”) in regard to submissions on any possible sanction which might apply in the event that any breach was established. The Commission has reserved judgement and will issue a full written decision in due course. Until that decision is issued no further comment will be made.”

Are you a member of this "club"?

Do you know anyone who is a member of this "club"?

Do you know who is on the committee of the "club"?

Can you provide a link to the articles of association of this "club"?

Nah, didn't think so - because no such club exists.

i take it rangers fans wont accept the decision if it goes against them citing conflict of interest and an unfit panel etc?

Either fat Rodney had a low level role or he represented the SPL, someone is lying here.

Edited by bennett

Are you a member of this "club"?

Do you know anyone who is a member of this "club"?

Do you know who is on the committee of the "club"?

Can you provide a link to the articles of association of this "club"?

Nah, didn't think so - because no such club exists.

Yep, it's all been made up by the SPL and Lord Nimmo Smith. :D

So are rangers fans not going to accept the decision because of this then?

They won't accept the decision if it goes against them, no matter the evidence

Besides, even if it does go agains them, still no guarantee titles will be stripped, more punishments are available

Its a simple question do you or any other rangers fans feel the spl panel is unfit and if found guilty will you be asking for a retrial?

Once it happens, i'll comment on it.

As awesome as i am, i cannot foresee the future.

If they take our titles - we'll see them in court.

Scottish, UK and European if need be.

:)

I'd love to see how Rangers intend to claim ownership of a free-floating abstract concept like "titles".

Once we've had fun with that one, let's see 'em explain how these titles belong to Rangers, rather than being awarded at the discretion of the football authorities.

alex thomson‏@alextomo

So - Harper Macleod lawyers who have acted for Celtic were 'low-level' paper-gatherers for Nimmo Smith in Sept - yet became central players?

alex thomson þ@alextomo

Harper Macleod's Rod McKenzie was the SPL's man at this week's Commission. What changed/ Adn why?

alex thomson‏@alextomo

So - Harper Macleod lawyers who have acted for Celtic were 'low-level' paper-gatherers for Nimmo Smith in Sept - yet became central players?

alex thomson þ@alextomo

Harper Macleod's Rod McKenzie was the SPL's man at this week's Commission. What changed/ Adn why?

Thomson's tainted by his hate for Rangers and his shameful taunting of dead supporters, remember?

Which means that nobody needs to answer either of these questions, or any others he might raise. Strictly laughing smileys and accusations of obsession on these topics, from now on.

(Hey, don't blame me - I didn't invent the rules).