Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't necessarily agree.

I posted this on the Elgin match thread earlier in response to Tedi and I still think it might prove relevant:

After season 93/94, they went from three divisions to four.

For teams in the second division - then the bottom tier - it was decreed that places 2-6 would join the new second division, which became the second bottom tier. To create meaning however, the winners got to jump all the way to division 1, the 2nd tier of 4. That year, it was Stranraer.

I can still see something happening that would take Rangers into the new middle division and reduce their top flight exile by a year. The fact that a precedent of sorts, exists, might make it possible.

I can't see that happening, the outcry from the SPLers would be off the scale. As long as reconstruction doesn't delay our climb back up the leagues then i'm not that fussed about it.

Still don't see the point in changing a 12 team league to a 12 team league mind you.

I can't see that happening, the outcry from the SPLers would be off the scale. As long as reconstruction doesn't delay our climb back up the leagues then i'm not that fussed about it.

Still don't see the point in changing a 12 team league to a 12 team league mind you.

The difference is though that the summer nonsense was a naked attempt to shoehorn Rangers in at the highest level possible, when we all knew that only one other club would receive similar allowances. No pretence that it was otherwise, was really possible and that's why it failed

To do it the way I'm suggesting would still be opposed, but it would be part of something wider, and there is a sort of precedent. I wouldn't rule it out.

As for your "changing a 12 team league to a 12 team league" line though, I'd have thought you'd maybe have learned by now that there is life outside the SPL.

if it does happen the blame should fall squarely at the feet of the footballing authorities who make this choice and none should be proportioned at Rangers or her fans, the fans have made it perfectly clear they want no favours and the club is not entitled to vote.

Fair enough, but I think you're making assumptions about how Rangers fans in general would feel, based on your own view.

I think the clamour among Rangers fans to be in SFL3, really only gained much momentum when it started looking like the Newco's likeliest destination.

If some sort of elevation really did look to be on the cards, I'm not sure that all Rangers fans would see this as you do.

Fair enough, but I think you're making assumptions about how Rangers fans in general would feel, based on your own view.

I think the clamour among Rangers fans to be in SFL3, really only gained much momentum when it started looking like the Newco's likeliest destination.

If some sort of elevation really did look to be on the cards, I'm not sure that all Rangers fans would see this as you do.

No i'm going to disagree, when the SPL tried to keep us in the SPL but hamstrung for 5 years was when most fans realised that we should be pushing for a clean slate in the 3rd division.

Poor lad, he thinks he has a bone and he is the 1st ever person to find out that the SFA have broken a rule, but they have other rules that contradict what his interpretation is, also it looks like Rangers membership was never terminated, which would make his interpretation null and void :(

It seems according to this article that our SPL membership was transfered to Dundee.

2/10 for effort tho.

I'll remember this next time I see your "New clubs must be GRANTED a membership" spiel regurgitated again :-).

As you were.

:lol:

I disagree, but admire your gall.

This is what is great about the Rangers support, united in loyalty but with many different views, the P & B view is that we are all one sterotype.

I just think you are all wankers :P

:lol:

I disagree, but admire your gall.

This is what is great about the Rangers support, united in loyalty but with many different views, the P & B view is that we are all one sterotype.

Doesn't that stereotype the rest of P&B?

I know that I try very hard not to stereotype any group ever.

Again I am sure you given your resouces you will have a log on to FF

:lol: Don't be so daft.

I've clicked on a link to RM from here a few times, but my obsession is yet to reach having a 'log-on' levels.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

No i'm going to disagree, when the SPL tried to keep us in the SPL but hamstrung for 5 years was when most fans realised that we should be pushing for a clean slate in the 3rd division.

Alright, even if that's true - and I'm not convined to be honest - then it was motivated more by GIRUY sentiment and the wish to be somewhere you'd win all the time, rather than any genuine desire to take your medicine.

Poor lad, he thinks he has a bone and he is the 1st ever person to find out that the SFA have broken a rule, but they have other rules that contradict what his interpretation is, also it looks like Rangers membership was never terminated, which would make his interpretation null and void :(

It seems according to this article that our SPL membership was transfered to Dundee.

2/10 for effort tho.

Lol, there are no members of the SPL, only shareholders.

Really? not doubting you and that SPL share does ring bell, in which case we had no membership to terminate which makes that whole paragraph 17.1 or 15.1 (as it is now) completely irrelevant, thanks for clearing that up stoney, Dens will be devastated though :(

When you put it like that, it does make sense.

I am quite happy now that all is as you guys say is correct, I wont say otherwise until there is better evidence than UEFA.com's linking the current squad to Rangers profile.

It's all about facts at the end of the day, and evidently you support the same club. A piss poor club atm but the same club none the less.

Alright, even if that's true - and I'm not convined to be honest - then it was motivated more by GIRUY sentiment and the wish to be somewhere you'd win all the time, rather than any genuine desire to take your medicine.

I'll save the sporting integrity for the P&Bers, my motives have always been whats best for Rangers.

I would say the vast majority of P & B are anti Rangers, seems like a good example of a stereotype to me.

What is your view on the majority of Rangers fans?

I'm anti Rangers. I'm anti a lot of other teams to varying degrees though, and the ones that I'm not is generally because they don't really register on my scopes. I think that is essential to the tribalism and unconditional support of one team. Maybe just a concession being that I'm not actively anti, but passively anti in most cases (does that make sense).

I think that there is a superiority and arrogance that's exhibited by a lot of Rangers fans. It's obvious, to me at least, that it is born out of being, at least historically, the biggest and best in the context of football. There is also the weight of numbers that means that for any argument or viewpoint brought up, there will always be someone around to back them up. It makes it very easy to pick a fight or bully (in metaphorical senses at least). Some of the thickest ones take this to extremes in the form of bigotry and sectarianism. I've had some personal experiences of this (working in Harthill with a green & white van is not to be advised!).

However. The above are the worst of it and I don't see that as being the majority. Some others might get swept with the tide at times (there is the big crowd psychology that affects us all) but it is not inherent within them and doesn't define who they are as a person. A human being is a human being regardless of the colour of shirt that they wear.

On this forum the Rangers fans I interact with have their own personalities. There are some that I avoid, mainly because I think they are childish and quite frankly thick, but that is true of other teams too. There are others I'll quite happily shoot the shit with though.

That's quite a long winded way of saying "f**k knows", maybe I'll think about it some more.

Edited by Shades75