Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

And this is the crux of it. Why on earth would they, when any money required for a transfer could be better employed as an improved signing-on fee or higher wages?

Remember, we are talking about PROFESSIONAL footballers - they do it for money, same as the rest of us do our jobs.

Serious question - do you believe McCullough TUPE'd over because of his love for the club, or because he knew there was no way an Everton/Southampton/Norwich would ever be looking at a skill-free thug in his mid-thirties?

Well aware that these are professional players who will capitalise on their ability with the best contract they can get but what upsets a lot of Rangers fans is the likes of the badge thumping Scots born 100% bluenoses such as Naismith,McGregor,Ness and McCabe who refused to transfer over and in the case of Ness and Naismith,although obligated to do so the club stuck by both players when seriously injured and pushed their rehabilitaion.

Add to that we have Lafferty and Davis,two badge thumping Northern Ireland players who,in their words,were at the club they always wanted to play at,hypocrisy without a doubt. We have Lafferty stating a few days ago he was looking to leave in the summer,thought about it from last November but not too hard that he didn't put a transfer request in,instead he refused to transfer over in order to gain the utmost financially from a change of clubs.

Rangers made these players wealthy young men,a bit of loyalty in return wouldn't have went amiss,Edu transferred over,got his move and the club received a fee,no problem there. As for McCulloch,yes i believe he would have remained at the club irrespective as he's made his money and he's at an age when he wants to be settled.

Well aware that these are professional players who will capitalise on their ability with the best contract they can get but what upsets a lot of Rangers fans is the likes of the badge thumping Scots born 100% bluenoses such as Naismith,McGregor,Ness and McCabe who refused to transfer over and in the case of Ness and Naismith,although obligated to do so the club stuck by both players when seriously injured and pushed their rehabilitaion.

Add to that we have Lafferty and Davis,two badge thumping Northern Ireland players who,in their words,were at the club they always wanted to play at,hypocrisy without a doubt. We have Lafferty stating a few days ago he was looking to leave in the summer,thought about it from last November but not too hard that he didn't put a transfer request in,instead he refused to transfer over in order to gain the utmost financially from a change of clubs.

Rangers made these players wealthy young men,a bit of loyalty in return wouldn't have went amiss,Edu transferred over,got his move and the club received a fee,no problem there. As for McCulloch,yes i believe he would have remained at the club irrespective as he's made his money and he's at an age when he wants to be settled.

All these Rangers players stuck by the club and gave up thousands of pounds in wages and for what? To be condemed by a support that in most cases will not dip their hands in their own pockets, the fact is these benevolent players gave the club more money in a week than 99% of the loyal fans will pay for shares and for no return. How much money are you prepared to just give away to your club?

Edited by Umbungo1874

If You actually think "badge thumping" means anything these days then you're thicker than i thought. :lol: :lol:

Edit - Your last paragaph ?..Again, loyalty is dead in football, most football fans have known this for years now, it seems it's only you lot & the other arse cheek that think it still exists.

Edited by beermonkey

Add to that we have Lafferty and Davis,two badge thumping Northern Ireland players who,in their words,were at the club they always wanted to play at

They believe, along with the rest of the world, that the club they always wanted to play for died.

They believe, along with the rest of the world, that the club they always wanted to play for died.

As does Naismith - I'm sure someone can be arsed finding the video, but to me it's like having to prove grass is grey, the sky is grey, rainbows are grey, grey, grey, and grey....*laugh.giflaugh.gif

*Watch "Wilfred" if no recognition....

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

As does Naismith - I'm sure someone can be arsed finding the video, but to me it's like having to prove grass is grey, the sky is grey, rainbows are grey, grey, grey, and grey....*laugh.giflaugh.gif

*Watch "Wilfred" if no recognition....

You are in serious need of a hobby pal, do you only ever post on this part of the forums?

If my union took action on my behalf without my consent then i'd be having words with our rep pronto, not sure of all the ins and outs of this case so obviously i can't say too much.

It wouldn't be on YOUR behalf it would be on behalf of it's members of which you are one, and, having signed up to the Union, they already have your consent.

It wouldn't be on YOUR behalf it would be on behalf of it's members of which you are one, and, having signed up to the Union, they already have your consent.

As I always tell our members, they always have the option to cancel their direct debit and f**k off - then negotiate their own pay rises, represent themselves in disciplinary matters, prepare their own ET cases....

You're being pedantic and you know it, if my union took any action similar to that without informing me then they'd be told to ram it.

They have a duty towards their members, too many reps get too big for their boots imo.

If You actually think "badge thumping" means anything these days then you're thicker than i thought. :lol: :lol:

Edit - Your last paragaph ?..Again, loyalty is dead in football, most football fans have known this for years now, it seems it's only you lot & the other arse cheek that think it still exists.

Where did i say that badge thumping meant anything in football. The whole point i'm making is that every one of the players mentioned tried to portray themselves as Rangers fans as well as Rangers players but when it came down to it their loyalty was to themselves,no one else,i'm well aware of that. Rangers fans,by and large,could accept that from players from overseas who came to the club without any link to the club as a supporter but the ones mentioned were all confessed Rangers fans,that's the difference. Take McGregor,at the club from 16 years old and through the club he became very wealthy,shouted about being this big Rangers fan but gave nothing back whatsoever. This from a bloke the club stuck by in his off field indiscretions.

Nice try to twist this but it's company continuity this would affect. You.ve already stated yourself "new company"Nothing to do with club continuity in a football context. As you no doubt realise.

Company continuity as you refer to it has nothing to do with it. Same place of work, same customers and a number of other boxes ticked shows that Green hasn't a leg to stand on. As ever he is all hot air and bluster.

And in employment law it is not what you do as much as how you do it. I think if you read back through this thread when all this was happening it was agreed that this TUPE issue would come and bite Green on the bum.

The biting is now happening. I would suggest he settles now before it goes near any official body or tribunal.(that advice is provided free of charge!)

You're being pedantic and you know it, if my union took any action similar to that without informing me then they'd be told to ram it.

They have a duty towards their members, too many reps get too big for their boots imo.

Do The Village People have a union? :P

All these Rangers players stuck by the club and gave up thousands of pounds in wages and for what? To be condemed by a support that in most cases will not dip their hands in their own pockets, the fact is these benevolent players gave the club more money in a week than 99% of the loyal fans will pay for shares and for no return. How much money are you prepared to just give away to your club?

I would think that the support have stuck their hands in their pocket many times over the years and are still doing so,so your point is nonsense.