Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You didn't think Rangers would win the case though..

page 1185 for Mark Daly discussion for full context. This quote is from page 1197.

TBF I didn't think Rangers would win either at the time or in mid September (I think my last post on the subject) but as time passed it seemed more and more likely they were going to win.

as i said i didn't think they would lose based on the information in the public domain.

what i meant by correctly was that this type of tax dodging though legal is morally wrong.

Guest Kincardine

The fat lady hasn't had her turn singing yet so please let the mods keep it open.

Div's minted because of this thread

Oh please, let not an Aberdeen fan be sizeist.

Agree about the thread though. So many postings on The Thread of Ignorance.

You accused Rangers of cheating for over a decade by stealing £94 million, provide some evidence of the cheating.

1. You are still in liquidation. And will be - forever. laugh.gif

2. EBTs are legal according to ruling (subject to appeal) but they are confirmed as loans. This will now give BDO a clear run at recovering the loans. David Murray and his £6.5 million sounds a good start to me, I can see the list of sequestrations starting to form. Bet there are houses going into the wife's name as we speak, and assets being shuffled offshore. Heard that an ex Rangers goalkeeper's Edinburgh property portfolio has already been moved to a family run trust.

Those who benefited from EBT who have not been working to hide their assets obviously did not understand the extent of the problem. With international money laundering regulations and whistle blowers in the offshore banks we should be looking forward to the drip, drip, drip of the truth.

Be afraid, be very afraid. BDO know who you are, and where you live. ohmy.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis

So Glen. You're a decent poster and I'm a thick Bear. Just who is this,"big hoose guy" and why do you call him that? I've noticed a few remarks about him/it but I'd like to know more.

Can you explain?

I've never suggested for one minute that you're a "thick bear", you seem a decent bloke and a good poster. The "big hoose guy" is that aggresive trogladyte with the money stick. Have you not seen the pictures of him?

Rangers fans need to understand this thread was a lot more than the Big Tax Case. In fact as soon as Rangers went into administration the BTC was no longer an issue for the continuation and survival of Rangers since it would get paid out of any CVA and be left behind in a Newco. Most of it is Whyte/D&P/Quantum/BlueKnights, other debts, reconstruction, expulsion from the SPL and wider financial impact.

What this victory does is take a lot of trophy stripping things out the equation although we are yet to hear if the SPL are happy their rules have been followed in accordance with the facts found by the judges.

Bollox unsure.gif

2. EBTs are legal according to ruling (subject to appeal) but they are confirmed as loans. This will now give BDO a clear run at recovering the loans. David Murray and his £6.5 million sounds a good start to me, I can see the list of sequestrations starting to form. Bet there are houses going into the wife's name as we speak, and assets being shuffled offshore. Heard that an ex Rangers goalkeeper's Edinburgh property portfolio has already been moved to a family run trust.

Those who benefited from EBT who have not been working to hide their assets obviously did not understand the extent of the problem. With international money laundering regulations and whistle blowers in the offshore banks we should be looking forward to the drip, drip, drip of the truth.

Is the repayment of the loans not discretionary, rather than mandatory?

And were the loans not from some sort of trust?

the loans are due to the offshore employee trusts which still exist not rangers oldco.

i don't think the liquidator can do anything about getting the money back.

I must have missed any bigotry on todays posts,GS. Any chance you could enlighten me. Seriously after the stick Rangers and the fans have taken over the past 18 months or so is anyone surprised about our reaction to the tribunal result.

It was a reference to C4's Alex Thomson somehow being a "Republican". It was a poor dig from a Rangers poster who should know better. Anyway Youngsy, you're right about the reaction, fill yer boots, I know I would if I was a bluenose.

Guest Kincardine

I've never suggested for one minute that you're a "thick bear", you seem a decent bloke and a good poster. The "big hoose guy" is that aggresive trogladyte with the money stick. Have you not seen the pictures of him?

No. Just who is this "big hoose guy"? Could you post a clip of him talking about The Big Hoose?

It was a reference to C4's Alex Thomson somehow being a "Republican". It was a poor dig from a Rangers poster who should know better. Anyway Youngsy, you're right about the reaction, fill yer boots, I know I would if I was a bluenose.

He wasn't referring to Alex Tomo

For this tribunal result today we'll take that as now we can give you a big GTF. Make no mistake many in Scotland and beyond are absolutely spewing at this finding. Yourself,WRK,Bairnforever included in that.

As for myself,i'm enjoying a few Chivas Regals after a very good result for all bluenoses today. It won't be too long before we're back on top of Scottish football.

Spewing? You really believe that, don't you? You and all the rest of the berrz who have suddenly taken an interest again.

What today's verdict means is that rangers committed suicide for nothing. If they only (!) owed the tax money withheld by the Whyte regime, they could have got a decent amount for the players who eventually walked away for nothing. A few calls to friendly bank managers, and I'm fairly sure something could have been worked out, no?

Actually, no. All that would have happened is that their death would have been slower and more excruciating. They're still dead, though. So let's look to the future, shall we? Or is that not something we want to do on this day of days? Because the Tribute Act's skint as well, aren't they?

Enjoy your Chivas, Youngsy. I have enjoyed sparring with you over the months - and you've been a pretty consistent poster, both in your views and your regularity. Kincardine also deserves credit. The majority of other bears on here do nothing but reinforce the stereotype.

As for sending this thread to Gold, well, I for one think we should carry on until the whole saga plays out. I understand many of you feel today may be an appropriate time to draw a line, but I reckon there's plenty of life in the thread yet - maybe more so. not just that, I'd hate to see all the arguments when posters tried to claim some new thread as a continuation of the BRALT!

Anyhoo, I'm off to have a proper look at that verdict document. Again, enjoy your evening, berrz. It may not get this good again for a while. Then again, it might. We'll all still be here, right?

Oh, and thanks to Jim McClean's Ghost for pulling T_S_A_R up on his revisionism. I thought he was talking bollox, but couldn't be arsed going back....

Gloat away.

Every business in the UK looks at Rangers as a hated institution that uniquely cheated and conned the taxman.

And most of all the fact Rangers are now a despised and contaminated brand in the eyes of Joe Public. ohmy.gif.

You made that up

yes

The ''side letters'' only stated the conditions under which finances would be put into a sub-trust. The player would have to apply to the trust to get a loan and the payment of the loan was discretionary, as Murray said.

Here:

Quote:Originally Posted by The Rangers Hub This wee section of the reprt here kills their case stone dead:

"Whether the arrangement is viewed commercially or legalistically, the inexorable conclusion, in our view, is that the payments into trust became a loan and no more. They were not paid over absolutely and so do not become earnings or emoluments."

It does not mount to additional wages, but a loan. That's clearly established now by the FTTT findings.

Is that why Martin Bain insisted on his EBT memo should be shredded?

Why is permatan Martin these days anyway? Not in hiding in sunny Spain by any chance? Is extradition an option from Spain?

1353445867[/url]' post='6826479']

Rangers fans need to understand this thread was a lot more than the Big Tax Case. In fact as soon as Rangers went into administration the BTC was no longer an issue for the continuation and survival of Rangers since it would get paid out of any CVA and be left behind in a Newco. Most of it is Whyte/D&P/Quantum/BlueKnights, other debts, reconstruction, expulsion from the SPL and wider financial impact.

What this victory does is take a lot of trophy stripping things out the equation although we are yet to hear if the SPL are happy their rules have been followed in accordance with the facts found by the judges.

I reckon that many of those posting early in the thread between February and the summer months weren't that bothered by the BTC. The revelation of the EBT's and who got them and for what amounts were interesting, but the BTC seemed to never be coming to a conclusion and after the liquidation, it seemed HMRC weren't getting the money from anyone anyway.

The liquidation and its after effects were the main interest for me and the handling by the authorities.

Today's ruling is interesting but unless the liquidator is going to try and recall the loans or the HMRC are after tax from the loanees, then there's little else to it.

Whyte must be shaking his head today as it was unnecessary to pull the PAYE stunt and look into the pre pack newco.