Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Apologies if this has been posted already...

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2291-charles-green-statement

CHARLES GREEN, Rangers' Chief Executive, issued the following statement today:

He said: "Lord Nimmo Smith, chairman of the Commission set up by the SPL, has highlighted an extremely important issue in his recent judgement regarding the Commission.

"Lord Nimmo Smith has said that Rangers FC is a recognisable entity which continued in existence notwithstanding the change in ownership.

"He also stated that Rangers FC, the club, includes its owner and operator. The Commission has in effect ruled that Rangers and its history did not die on 14 June despite numerous reports to the contrary.

"This means that Rangers FC and its owner, i.e. me and my consortium, remained a member of the SPL even after the change of ownership.

"The bemusing part is that no-one at the SPL or SFA appeared to realise that. The SPL made the club (including its owner and operator) reapply to be a member of a league that the Commission says it was in already.

"If the Commission is right then the change of ownership was frankly irrelevant to SPL status. Nevertheless we duly applied and that application was rejected.

"We were also informed by the SFA that Rangers FC had never in its long existence been a member. That really left us scratching our heads because pride of place in the Boardroom at Ibrox is a framed and mounted certificate of membership signed by Jim Farry confirming that "Rangers FC is a full member of the Scottish Football Association".

"So taking the Commission's reasoning and our newly acquired framed membership certificate you would have thought, not unreasonably, that Rangers FC and its owners were in the Scottish Football family.

"You would have thought wrong. No we were told. We needed to apply for oldco's membership! The SFA didn't officially recognise Lord Nimmo Smith's recognisable entity.

"That recognisable entity, Rangers FC, then re-appeared suddenly when the SFA demanded that we pay oldco's debts despite there being no legal obligation to do so.

"The SPL then wanted Rangers FC and its new owners to admit guilt in relation to EBT breaches that had never been framed and accept five stripped titles.

"Rangers FC suddenly vanished again when UEFA informed the SFA that Rangers FC were due in excess of 300,000 euros for player participation in the Euro 2012 qualifiers, the SFA have refused to confirm that the monies are due to Rangers FC despite obligations placed on them from UEFA that these monies should be distributed to member clubs.

"If the Commission is correct about this recognisable entity then the SPL and SFA must be wrong in making that entity apply to join bodies it was already in.

"Maybe they should both appoint Lord Nimmo Smith to form a Commission to investigate and tell them who their member is.

"In our view the Commission chaired by Lord Nimmo Smith has been placed in an invidious position by the SPL.

"The establishment of the Commission is the most striking example of the chaotic way the fate of Rangers has been handled by the football authorities.

"As we stated previously, it is impossible for us as a club to participate in a process we firmly believe is fundamentally misconceived.

"We believe that most people would not think it right that a football authority that was willing to horse-trade league titles and cups for league status, should then embark on the course of action it has chosen in setting up a Commission. There is no clearer case of moving the goalposts."

Is it just me or is this just complete pish and he knows it. What he's saying is that Rangers never ceased to exist, they just 'changed ownership'... so clearly they should just have continued as usual... except with no debt ?!?!? He surely knows fine well that's bullshit?

Guest Kincardine

Everyone in Scotland except you lot know full well the SPL were trying to bend the rules to get you back into the league setup as high as possible, with only a slap on the wrist.

I certainly accept that. Without doubt the SPL would have liked us to simply drop down a division and then be promoted the following year and if that required rule-bending then it would happen.

Now there are 2 possible reasons for this:

1. The SPL is institutionally biased towards Rangers and want us treated more favourably 'just because'.

2. The SPL is desperate for TV revenue so wanted to make sure that we got back in the top league ASAP.

In either case the whole, "sporting integrity" phrase does not apply to The SPL.

I certainly accept that. Without doubt the SPL would have liked us to simply drop down a division and then be promoted the following year and if that required rule-bending then it would happen.

1. The SPL is institutionally biased towards Rangers and want us treated more favourably 'just because'.

2. The SPL is desperate for TV revenue so wanted to make sure that we got back in the top league ASAP.

In either case the whole, "sporting integrity" phrase does not apply to The SPL.

Both of the above are correct !!

Apologies if this has been posted already...

http://www.rangers.c...green-statement

CHARLES GREEN, Rangers' Chief Executive, issued the following statement today:

He said: "Lord Nimmo Smith, chairman of the Commission set up by the SPL, has highlighted an extremely important issue in his recent judgement regarding the Commission.

"Lord Nimmo Smith has said that Rangers FC is a recognisable entity which continued in existence notwithstanding the change in ownership.

"He also stated that Rangers FC, the club, includes its owner and operator. The Commission has in effect ruled that Rangers and its history did not die on 14 June despite numerous reports to the contrary.

"This means that Rangers FC and its owner, i.e. me and my consortium, remained a member of the SPL even after the change of ownership.

"The bemusing part is that no-one at the SPL or SFA appeared to realise that. The SPL made the club (including its owner and operator) reapply to be a member of a league that the Commission says it was in already.

"If the Commission is right then the change of ownership was frankly irrelevant to SPL status. Nevertheless we duly applied and that application was rejected.

"We were also informed by the SFA that Rangers FC had never in its long existence been a member. That really left us scratching our heads because pride of place in the Boardroom at Ibrox is a framed and mounted certificate of membership signed by Jim Farry confirming that "Rangers FC is a full member of the Scottish Football Association".

"So taking the Commission's reasoning and our newly acquired framed membership certificate you would have thought, not unreasonably, that Rangers FC and its owners were in the Scottish Football family.

"You would have thought wrong. No we were told. We needed to apply for oldco's membership! The SFA didn't officially recognise Lord Nimmo Smith's recognisable entity.

"That recognisable entity, Rangers FC, then re-appeared suddenly when the SFA demanded that we pay oldco's debts despite there being no legal obligation to do so.

"The SPL then wanted Rangers FC and its new owners to admit guilt in relation to EBT breaches that had never been framed and accept five stripped titles.

"Rangers FC suddenly vanished again when UEFA informed the SFA that Rangers FC were due in excess of 300,000 euros for player participation in the Euro 2012 qualifiers, the SFA have refused to confirm that the monies are due to Rangers FC despite obligations placed on them from UEFA that these monies should be distributed to member clubs.

"If the Commission is correct about this recognisable entity then the SPL and SFA must be wrong in making that entity apply to join bodies it was already in.

"Maybe they should both appoint Lord Nimmo Smith to form a Commission to investigate and tell them who their member is.

"In our view the Commission chaired by Lord Nimmo Smith has been placed in an invidious position by the SPL.

"The establishment of the Commission is the most striking example of the chaotic way the fate of Rangers has been handled by the football authorities.

"As we stated previously, it is impossible for us as a club to participate in a process we firmly believe is fundamentally misconceived.

"We believe that most people would not think it right that a football authority that was willing to horse-trade league titles and cups for league status, should then embark on the course of action it has chosen in setting up a Commission. There is no clearer case of moving the goalposts."

Is it just me or is this just complete pish and he knows it. What he's saying is that Rangers never ceased to exist, they just 'changed ownership'... so clearly they should just have continued as usual... except with no debt ?!?!? He surely knows fine well that's bullshit?

Does he not even have a decent secretary with the modicum of grasp on the Queen's English. I do hope his grasp on Lord Nimmo's actual statement is more accurate than his grammar.

It never did, the sporting integrity was about the supporters unwilling to accept keeping Rangers second life within the SPL then when the squeeze to reinvent them as a 1st Division club failed again as all the wee diddy teams stood shoulder to shoulder. This had nothing to do with the SPL , if they had their way you would not have been able to find Peterhead on a map never mind play them.

Guest Kincardine

It never did, the sporting integrity was about the supporters unwilling to accept keeping Rangers second life within the SPL then when the squeeze to reinvent them as a 1st Division club failed again as all the wee diddy teams stood shoulder to shoulder. This had nothing to do with the SPL , if they had their way you would not have been able to find Peterhead on a map never mind play them.

You have clearly lost the plot. The SPL clearly tried to gerrymander us in to SFL1 so we'd get back to the SPL within a season. Failing that they then bribed The SFL in to accepting £1M for TV rights.

Now tell me about sporting integrity.

The first part is correct there ! RFC 2012 is not dead yet and awaits final execution by the liquidators :D so Greeny is playing on the words there because "Rangers Football Club PLC" was still very much alive and being admined by Nuff n Helps on June 15th and still even till today.

Second part is just a load of pure shite because Haudit & Daudit still held the licence right up until just before Dundee FC played it's first SPL fixture ! TEDI 5stars posted earlier with the proof and the link to confirm that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: THANKS TEDI ! couldn't have done it without you ! here fishy fishy :P.

You have clearly lost the plot. The SPL clearly tried to gerrymander us in to SFL1 so we'd get back to the SPL within a season. Failing that they then bribed The SFL in to accepting £1M for TV rights.

Now tell me about sporting integrity.

You seem to have forgotten Charles Green attempted to get newco straight back into the SPL, he did give a fancy PowerPoint presentation to the chairman remember

2 wrongs don't make a right

Rangers fans wanted to start again in SFL3, as did fans of all other clubs.

So I've got no idea why some rangers fans feel they have been shafted considering the SFA, SPL, SFA done everything they could to ensure you remained in senior football

You seem to have forgotten Charles Green attempted to get newco straight back into the SPL, he did give a fancy PowerPoint presentation to the chairman remember

2 wrongs don't make a right

Rangers fans wanted to start again in SFL3, as did fans of all other clubs.

So I've got no idea why some rangers fans feel they have been shafted considering the SFA, SPL, SFA done everything they could to ensure you remained in senior football

YEAH ! what he said ^^^^^

1. Of course the SPL wanted to gerrymander us into Div 1 or the SPL itself. They were more than happy to do it. Things is, they wanted to the right to presume guilt over EBT's and sanction titles away as part of the price.

2. The SPL desperation for the cash we generate is all of the 'just because' in point 1.

3. Whilst the SPL fans were demanding integrity was served, their chairmen were in a room trying to blackmail the SFL and Rangers and failed - hence Gilmour's tearful outburst when he blamed the SFL chairmen laugh.gif

The cabal's corruption is unravelling in public and still the diddy-clubbers and plastics think we are being ungrateful. My guess it's because they think the slap on the wrist was perfectly reasonable.

We don't smile.gif

Guest Kincardine

What an odd post. We are in senior football and that's nothing to do with the SPL.

We have not been shafted by the SPL and nothing that I have stated says that.

However, The SPL 'DID' want us in Div 1. This wasn't as a concession to Rangers, though, but was all about self-interest.

I think that it's fine that we were kicked out of the SPL. We broke the rules so should take the punishment.

Two facts remain though:

1. The SPL tried to blackmail the SF clubs in to accepting us to Div 1,

2. The SPL, again, blackmailed SF clubs over the settlement money in return for media rights to Rangers games.

I think the following:

1. The SFL have been decent and honourable.

2. The SPL have been mendacious, self-serving fuckwits.

2. The SFA have been impotent and incompetent.

I know we, as Rangers, have a lot to live down. All the Bears on this forum apologigise for our wrongdoing.

However, we surely deserve better administrators. Is there actually anyone who is happy with the actions of the SFA or the SPL over this saga?

Two facts remain though:

1. The SPL tried to blackmail the SF clubs in to accepting us to Div 1,

2. The SPL, again, blackmailed SF clubs over the settlement money in return for media rights to Rangers games.

I think the following:

1. The SFL have been decent and honourable.

2. The SPL have been mendacious, self-serving fuckwits.

2. The SFA have been impotent and incompetent.

Good, good - this is more or less where the rest of Scottish football were, about three months ago. It was at around this point that the issue of "sporting integrity" first came up - not from the clubs, you understand, but from the supporters, who wanted Rangers to be treated exactly like every other club would be in those circumstances.

It's a slow and gradual awakening, but a welcome one when you consider the likes of Bendarroch above. Maybe in another month or so, the The Rangers fans will start cheering on Turnbull Hutton and Jim Spence, or something.

Of course you are.

They are corrupt, toxic and prone to cover-ups. We all know thats right up the plastics street. Your club has previous.

Had to give you a greenie for that.

Really brightened up my day.:lol:

Don't care what comes after this. This has got to be post of the day.:D

(Pot, Kettle, Jet Black comes to mind)

Of course you are.

They are corrupt, toxic and prone to cover-ups. We all know thats right up the plastics street. Your club has previous.

Don't be silly

Rangers helped found the SPL for the same reasons as every other breakaway club at the time.

Money, nothing more nothing less, We certainly didnt do it for the good of Scottish football or to help the remaining SFL clubs, Rangers when in the SPL helped shaft plenty of clubs (as did we all),

So please don't try and take the moral high ground, as i pointed out earlier. Charles Green wanted the Newco to be placed straight back into the SPL, and i guarantee if Rangers could have been placed in Div 1, Do you really think Green would have turned around and said "no thanks, the fans want to start in Div 3"

No chance. Green is in it for the money.

As for the SFA, only an idiot would believe they are out to get you, If it was any other club outside of Celtic who went under in the manner of Rangers, Their fans wouldnt have a club in senior football to complain about the SFA being biased, they bent over backwards to ensure you could come straight back into the set up.

Of course something else Rangers fans seem to conveniently forget regarding the SFA is the president, Campbell Ogilvie. a former Rangers director. Now what reasons would he have to possibily get into all these "lies and cover ups" to try and kill poor innocent Rangers who (according to the fans) have done nothing to warrant what has happened to them?

RFC fans seem to be under the impression the club are innocent of the EBT's, can any of them explain why? just seems to me a bit of blind loyalty. and no matter what (if any) evidence is against them, they will refuse to accept it and take the easy way out of blaming everyone else with this ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Edited by Enrico Annoni