Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Did the SPL ever implement these rules or not?

"It is also important to note that, in the SPL’s eyes, "a club" would not cease to exist if a share is transferred. If Rangers’ share is transferred from oldco to newco, they would not be required to have a new club name, new badge or new colours and their SPL record would be preserved. A club must already be subject to an Insolvency Event in order to make a request to transfer its share. It is not possible for a club to avoid debts by asking for a share transfer without having first been subject to an insolvency process, and to the league’s points penalty"

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/303288-the-spl-rangers-and-newco-analysis-of-the-proposed-rule-changes/

Tedster - once the formalities are completed and the dishonourably stolen cups/titles are removed from the former Rangers, will your newco do the honourable thing and remove one the 5 stars from the jerseys - that siilly homage to the former Rangers will become nothing more than a fashion statement totally empty of meaning.

The stars are a marketing ploy by Murray just like those orange tops , the queen's birthday whatever... the stars are not recognised by any football authority it is window dressing a trinket that the gullible took as a way of having something their rivals didn't. As others have highlighted they may as well be washing instructions as in the world outside of Ibrokes it is the square root of feck all.

Well now the have the ultimate they have another club , now they can not only boast about 2 Andy Goram's but now there are 2 Rangers/The Rangers , well until the original gets liquidated although some are still in denial.

The stars are a marketing ploy by Murray just like those orange tops , the queen's birthday whatever... the stars are not recognised by any football authority it is window dressing a trinket that the gullible took as a way of having something their rivals didn't. As others have highlighted they may as well be washing instructions as in the world outside of Ibrokes it is the square root of feck all.

Well now the have the ultimate they have another club , now they can not only boast about 2 Andy Goram's but now there are 2 Rangers/The Rangers , well until the original gets liquidated although some are still in denial.

How dare a club use a marketing ploy, how DARE THEY!!!!!!:angry:

No other team would use such a ploy, we deserve to be consequenced severely for this.

haha had me spluttering into my cup of coffee, reading that

The seethe is indeed strong with this one (as he admits), he even has some valid points about obsession etc, but what he fails to pick up on is most fans are not turning up at games to give the 2 fingers to the celtic fans, the obsession does not run the other way

I wonder out of him and Keevins who wrote their articles 1st, or maybe they compare notes, would not surprise me, journalists of his type are rarely imaginative

The first part is more or less right, most fans are turning up through a mix of duty, desire, desperation and curiosity, all of which will wane and the figures will go down; but the second part of that sentence ranks up there with your reasoning on the law firm. You're seriously trying to tell us that if it had been Celtic who had died on their knees, mired in shame and agony, and who were now plying their trade as a newco, escaping with draws from Peterheid and Berwick, while youse were getting ready for the Chanpions League, that the Rangers fans would have just carried on with life as normal, and in no way would be spending half their life on forums or in pubs and offices talking and laughing and gloating about the collapse? It's just ridiculous.

If it had been Celtic who had collapsed the overall reaction might have been slightly less celebratory as Rangers are arguably more hated than them, but had they spent years lording it over the rest of us while cheating and running up unpayable debts, it would have been the same. They'd now have sell out home crowds of "WATP" menatlity fans, relatively massive TV viewing figures, bloated by non Celtic fans watching in the hope they'd get humped and the rest of us would be here laughing our arses off at them over it.

In short, the obsession most definitely runs the other way too.

The first part is more or less right, most fans are turning up through a mix of duty, desire, desperation and curiosity, all of which will wane and the figures will go down; but the second part of that sentence ranks up there with your reasoning on the law firm. You're seriously trying to tell us that if it had been Celtic who had died on their knees, mired in shame and agony, and who were now plying their trade as a newco, escaping with draws from Peterheid and Berwick, while youse were getting ready for the Chanpions League, that the Rangers fans would have just carried on with life as normal, and in no way would be spending half their life on forums or in pubs and offices talking and laughing and gloating about the collapse? It's just ridiculous.

If it had been Celtic who had collapsed the overall reaction might have been slightly less celebratory as Rangers are arguably more hated than them, but had they spent years lording it over the rest of us while cheating and running up unpayable debts, it would have been the same. They'd now have sell out home crowds of "WATP" menatlity fans, relatively massive TV viewing figures, bloated by non Celtic fans watching in the hope they'd get humped and the rest of us would be here laughing our arses off at them over it.

In short, the obsession most definitely runs the other way too.

Exactly. Imagine Celtic failed to win the SPL this season? Not one of these (wat) people would comment or indeed bat an eyelid.

Aye right :lol:

How dare a club use a marketing ploy, how DARE THEY!!!!!!:angry:

No other team would use such a ploy, we deserve to be consequenced severely for this.

rolleyes.gif not me who was fooled by the merchandise, cynical capitalism that identified your support as being gullible, why the anger because I have the were with all to recognise, just keep the 54 and counting mentality it has shielded you from the financial mismanagement and blatant wrong doing by your trustees/ former owners.

The stars thing is just pish , wear them they mean nothing a total non issue. The dual contracts and EBTs are the issue everything else means nothing really.

You know i was wondering about that, will the SPL go round to every ex players house and demand medals back if Skippy and co rule against us in the impartial SPL hearing?

Not sure how they can enforce a "gie yer medals tae Sellcik" demand.

No need, just produce new ones for the actual winners with, for example, "Scottish Cup Winners 2009 (Awarded 2012)" to mark it as the true medal, and the former Rangers players and managers can keep their now meaningless medals to go with you lot and your tattoos of 5 stars.

Exactly. Imagine Celtic failed to win the SPL this season? Not one of these (wat) people would comment or indeed bat an eyelid.

Aye right :lol:

We've been through this before Henry, back in 94 we never hounded celtic fans over their teams troubles, we left em to it while we supported our team.

Yes seriously I am telling you this ;) Like it or not Rangers fans have always been looking over our shoulders watching as Celtic try to chase, the level of obsession just does not run the same way, for me it does not run at all, since I joined this forum I have only posted twice on celtic threads that were not related to my team, (1) Congratulated hibs on getting a well earned draw (2) Congratulated Celtic on getting a well earned CL place, I simply dont care about them, I am only "obsessed" with one team and thats Rangers

In short, you are wrong :)

But your obsession to remain ahead of the other cheek has brought about your downfall. It is typical of the its all them mentality and the rest are all closet Tim's, Celtic supporters issue the same mantra when you try to debate issues of their failure.

Can you not see that the intensity of the rivalry has damaged Scottish football from being a compedative league, success at all cost has made your club pay the ultimate, it will be liquidated, whether your supporters live in denial about this for the rest of your days the actions of your own club brought about its demise, sure your blaming the other SPL clubs and guys like Murray , Whyte, Greig et al will be extremely grateful as the thought of a load of angry Rangers supporters seeking revenge, considering that some nutters were willing to intimate a bombing campaign against Neil Lennon for being ugly and a tad odious can you imagine what would be meted out to those responsible of killing the club especially having made a few quid on it.

A superb example of the diddy club mindset at work.

Fucking marvellous laugh.gif

rolleyes.gif

How unusual for a sevco zombie to extract a snippet of a post that suits their agenda.

Did Turnbull Hutton and Raith Rovers not also receive some unwelcome attention even the announcer at Falkirk got a night off for his own safety for commenting on your new status. It is the diddy clubs with the issues . I honestly don't know whether the level of debt is dwarfed by the level of denial.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif that must be a special kind of firewall that doesn't let you look at some stark financial figures, even your PC is showing signs of paranoia.

Norton can be a tad sensitive at times but perhaps you could C&P whatever it is.

Ta.

Near 3,500 pages on The Rangers.

Almost exclusively from diddy clubbers and plastics. Reminds me of that old joke: "What have Rangers and Celtic supporters got in common? An obsession with The Rangers."

54 and counting smile.gif

Surely you expected some interest when one of Scotlands biggest institutions failed and unleashed Armageddon on Scottish football