Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

thought i was done with this thread but apprently not mad.gif

SFL: Suspension of Live Commentary

This morning (Wed 15 Aug) AUmedia were informed that David Thomson, Operations Director of the Scottish Football League (SFL) advised Ayr United FC to stop broadcasting live commentary. No reasons were given except allusions to "the Rangers situation" and that there may be "changes that effect us". Consequently we will not be broadcasting live commentary from Gayfield Park, Arbroath this coming Saturday.

At all times AUmedia have operated within SFL guidelines. The SFL were made aware during the summer that Ayr United were planning to provide live match commentary. They have had weeks to get their act together and have failed. Not two weeks into the new season and they pull the rug from a club trying to provide a better service for their fans. Sadly, previous dealings with the SFL over the introduction of SFLTV do not inspire confidence that the SFL will resolve this swiftly or in a manner that benefits most member clubs (newest member aside).

Whether the SFL is applying this embargo to all member clubs or just Ayr United remains to be seen. We await a response from David Thomson or an SFL representative.

Match highlights will still be available to paid members only.

AUmedia will happily fully refund all paid Weekly and Season subscriptions. Please contact us to arrange a refund.

Sevco fucking things up for leagues they aren't in

3300 pages? Ten more and it's a Nokia (please remind me to make a Nokia/nuclear joke)

There was a rake of 3000 series phones including a 3300 ;)

800px-Nokia_3300.jpg

Ugly brute tho.......

Graham Roberts was on Talksport just before 8pm.

He's "hearing vibes" that 4 or 5 clubs... Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee Utd + Aberdeen... are on the verge of going into administration within the next couple of months.

Clubs cannot survive without the gate income and TV cash from Rangers/Celtic involvement... and Sky TV aren't interested in showing games which "no-one" will watch - like Kilmarnock-St Mirren, or Hibs-Inverness - while 1M people watch games like Kilmarnock-Rangers.

Scottish football is in danger of "dying-off" completely. Fans have had their way by Rangers going into "the basement", but the authorites need to restore them to SPL or form an SPL2.

I for one have taken stock of his words, and fear we've made a terrible mistake. We're doomed :(!!

1345145773[/url]' post='6533478']

He's "hearing vibes" that 4 or 5 clubs... Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee Utd + Aberdeen... are on the verge of going into administration within the next couple of months.

Clubs cannot survive without the gate income and TV cash from Rangers/Celtic involvement... and Sky TV aren't interested in showing games which "no-one" will watch - like Kilmarnock-St Mirren, or Hibs-Inverness - while 1M people watch games like Kilmarnock-Rangers.

Scottish football is in danger of "dying-off" completely. Fans have had their way by Rangers going into "the basement", but the authorites need to restore them to SPL or form an SPL2.

I for one have taken stock of his words, and fear we've made a terrible mistake. We're doomed :(!!

Oh no it sounds like "ARMAGEDDON" :o

Thank f**k we have talksport to tell us how it was..

When will they interview an non-old firm haddie ?

Tbf, he was really on to talk about Luca Modric and the Spurs lad who made him England debut last night; but then they moved onto "fears" for the future of the Scottish game and the "mad" decision to relegate Rangers.

I"m fed up hearing this pish . IF the Scottish game cannot survive without one particular club then it doesn't deserve to survive. (but of course it would survive)

If we are talking just about the SPL then few on here would mourn its death. The answer to the problem is most definitely NOT restoring Sevco/Newco to the SPL.

I"m fed up hearing this pish .

IF the Scottish game cannot survive without one particular club then it doesn't deserve to survive. (but of course it would survive)

If we are talking just about the SPL then few on here would mourn its death.

The answer to the problem is most definitely NOT restoring Sevco/Newco to the SPL.

Tbh, I'd steel yourself from more of it over the coming months.

We're bound to get more fluff about financial oblivion, clubs on the edge of extinction, etc. (much of it groundless - e.g. Roberts clearly doesn't know Sky renewed).

If Rangers start thrashing clubs week-to-week, and continue getting players called-up for the national team, I'm sure that'll also fuel tabloid calls that they "need" to be restored to SPL.

There was a rake of 3000 series phones including a 3300 ;)

800px-Nokia_3300.jpg

Ugly brute tho.......

N gage. Sweet

Whit?

Was the tv deal not the same as last couple of years?

No rangers there so more chance others will win more money

Jesus freaking h Christ they are stupid

I think we all know ... The Truth Is ... If any more Premier clubs do take the admin route, it will be nothing at all to do with the orcs not being in the Premier League. It will be caused solely by their own boards and management of clubs not doing their jobs properly.

Edited by Itwiznaeme

The Highland League has lost Inverness Caledonian, Inverness Thistle, Ross County and Elgin City (arguably their 4 biggest clubs when they left) and Peterhead, no lightweights themselves (in HL terms), and it has survived, thrived maybe. Granted there were no TV deals predicated (allegedly) on the big 2 meeting 4 times a season (for the "big two" perm any 2 from Caley/Thistle/City/County) so it's not exactly analogous, but Scottish football will survive.

I don't believe we are hurtling towards 5 teams going into admin "within the next couple of months". That would mean all 5 teams were in such a parlous financial state that they required to have a home game against (old) Rangers within 8 weeks of the season starting in order to benefit from their "massive" travelling support and so avoid admin. That just does not make sense.