Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Slightly off topic but very much on topic ...

I opened this thread at Page 1, Post 1 for some reason. There in all its shining glory is Pozbaird's opening post. And how many greenies does he have for it - 14. Four fuckin teen!!!

Frankly that is a travesty. The post may have limited artistic or literary merit - much like yon 50 Shades of Grey (so I'm told 8)). But in recognition of what followed, surely to fvck anyone who has a spare greenie could just take a quick trek back the way and recognise the man's leadership in kicking off the greatest thread on any forum or blog in any sphere that anyone actually gives a fvck about.

Get back there and batter it up to 100!!

Slightly off topic but very much on topic ...

I opened this thread at Page 1, Post 1 for some reason. There in all its shining glory is Pozbaird's opening post. And how many greenies does he have for it - 14. Four fuckin teen!!!

Frankly that is a travesty. The post may have limited artistic or literary merit - much like yon 50 Shades of Grey (so I'm told 8)). But in recognition of what followed, surely to fvck anyone who has a spare greenie could just take a quick trek back the way and recognise the man's leadership in kicking off the greatest thread on any forum or blog in any sphere that anyone actually gives a fvck about.

Get back there and batter it up to 100!!

Why do so many people forget the first rule of dot club?

They were not removed from anywhere. They, the new entity of Sevco 5088 (latterly The Rangers Football Club Ltd.) were refused entry into the SPL and fast-tracked into the SFL without going through the motions of applying alongside all other viable candidates.

Jeez your awfy crabit the night.

Every word is getting super analysed

Jeez your awfy crabit the night.

Every word is getting super analysed

Sair heid aye. But when you use phrases like 'in reality' in a post it kind of brings out the pedantry in folks. As my brother once said to me "P&B is all about pedants trying to out pedant each other".

So for pedantry's sake the reality was that only one club of the 30 SFL clubs (at the time) did the right thing and voted against Sevco being granted accelerated access to their league whereas 10 SPL clubs voted against Sevco's acceptance into their league, 1 abstained and 1 Rangers, represented by Charles Green of Sevco 5088 voted in favour.

In other words 11 SPL clubs, Kilmarnock's abstention, due to the method of counting votes was equal to a vote against, did the correct thing and 29 of 30 SFL clubs voted to take their 30 pieces of silver.

11 SPL clubs, Kilmarnock's abstention, due to the method of counting votes was equal to a vote against, did the correct thing and 29 of 30 SFL clubs voted to take their 30 pieces of silver.

Fair point.

The SPL clubs "overwhelmingly" rejected Sevco's request to join the SPL.

The SFL clubs had the opportunity to follow the lead of the SPL clubs.

Instead of following the lead of the SPL clubs who overwhelmingly rejected Sevco's request, the SFL clubs instead chose to overwhelmingly welcome Sevco into the SFL.

Nobody can dispute that...if they think about it correctly.

wink.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Been away for 5 days so could anyone summarise goings-on since Thursday?

I see yet more big-money players like Kyle, Sandaza and some Brazilian are set to sign. Bit OTT for SFL3/2, frankly.

Perhaps they're building a team for 3rd div this year, SPL (or at worst 1st div/SPL2) next year?

By tomorrow the official crowd will be ten thousand, and all filled seats were actually inflatables etc

This whole debacle fucking stinks. They must have the highest wage output apart from Celtic in Scotland - not bad for a club with no business plan, accounts, sponsors etc

Could this be your own team that you are referring to

Guest Pampered Adolescent

why would i be sad and upset? still the same club, no history lost, debt free, away from the corrupt spl and signing players for free

life is bliss

Indeed

post-40405-0-26591700-1344409869_thumb.j

Expect some big name signings in the near future.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-wants-1234913

Give me more: Gers boss McCoist desperate for more new signings

ALLY McCOIST is keen to strengthen his Rangers side further after three new signings, and says the club is pressing ahead with a deal for Craig Beattie.

5414816.jpg Ally McCoist ALLY McCOIST last night admitted Rangers still need a raft of new signings to compete despite seeing his reborn side hammer East Fife.

The fallen Ibrox giants booked their place in round two of the League Cup in front of a bumper crowd of 38,160.

Kick-off had to be delayed 20 minutes to let the fans in and Rangers coasted to victory thanks to a Lee McCulloch double and goals either side of half-time by Dean Shiels and Lee Wallace.

But on a day he added three new players to his squad McCoist made it clear he needs increased numbers.

With the game safely in the bag the manager was able to hand second-half debuts to strikers Francisco Sandaza and Kevin Kyle.

But Rangers’ third signing on a day of frantic activity, Brazilian defender Emilson Cribari, had to be content with a seat in the stands as his international clearance failed to come through.

McCoist said: “I keep hearing people say we will not lose a game this season but we still need to bring players in, especially given we have a transfer embargo in place after September.

“We will certainly be looking to strengthen the squad as we have lost 23 players in six months.

“I am delighted to bring in Dean Shiels and Ian Black and it is good to get two centre-forwards in Kyle and Sandaza who are proven in this country.

“We still need a helping hand and we definitely need numbers in. I wouldn’t put a figure on it but we could certainly do with a few more as guys could move out.

“The eyes of the country will be on us this season and we don’t want to let anyone down. I was really nervous before the match.

“Craig Beattie is a player we are looking at and we hope to push it forward.”

An emotional McCoist also paid tribute to the fans who turned out in huge numbers to watch Rangers for the first time since they were reformed after going into liquidation.

He said: “I was pleased with everything from start to finish. It was a great night.

“The crowd was amazing. I couldn’t believe it.

“Out of all this madness in the past 10 months the fans have been a huge plus. It has been phenomenal.”

This is now just playing to the gallery. If the hoped for ST cash doesn't come in and the PATG fans don't turn up then they are heading for certain disaster. When it all goes tits-up they will have to find a new scapegoat as Craigie boy isn't there any more. Who will it be this time, Ally? I can see the time coming when they will clear the ground at half-time and charge fans again to get in for the second half. :)

Mystery of why only 38K given as attendance.

Sandaza overheard saying to his agent 'Is it normally to getting signing on fee as piles of used tenners jammed inside two used biscuit tins marked on loan from the Kelly Family' ???

Aren't they supposed to be wearing Irn Bru patches?

35nabkl.jpg

I think you will just need them for SFL fixtures - of course all the other SFL sides will wear them in the Ramsdens, League and Scottish Cups as they will probably only have a couple of sets of strips for the whole season, with Sevco still acting Billy Big Time I would imagine they have a new kit for every game.

They will have to have them on their strips for Saturday's game.

Legendary Rangers stories:

Barcelona 72: "I was there - 90,000 travelled by bus, plane and car"

Manchester 2008: "I was there - 200,000 travelled by bus, train and car"

Ibrox 7/8/12: "I wasn't there, nope. Only 38,000 were, and even then that included the players, staff, stewards and hot dog sellers. None of my mates were there either - we all said how dead it looked when we struggled to find 4 seats together.............oops"

The OFFICIAL version

"Ally McCoist ALLY McCOIST last night admitted Rangers still need a raft of new signings to compete despite seeing his reborn side hammer East Fife.

The fallen Ibrox giants booked their place in round two six of the League Cup in front of a bumper crowd of 38,160.

Kick-off had to be delayed 20 35 minutes to let the fans in and Rangers coasted to victory thanks to a Lee McCulloch double and goals either side of half-time by Dean Shiels and Lee Wallace for a final score of

6-0.

But on a day he added twenty three new players to his squad McCoist made it clear he needs increased numbers.

With the game safely in the bag the manager was able to hand second-half debuts to all four strikers Francisco Sandaza and Kevin Kyle.

But Rangers' third eighth signing on a day of frantic activity, Brazilian defender Emilson Cribari, had to be content with a seat in the stands as his international clearance failed to come through.

McCoist said: "I keep hearing people say we will not lose a game this season but we still need to bring players in, especially given we have a transfer embargo in place after September.

"We will certainly be looking to strengthen the squad as we have lost 45 players in six two months.

"I am delighted to bring in Dean Shiels and Ian Black and it is good to get six centre-forwards in Kyle and Sandaza who are proven in this country.

"We still need a helping hand and we definitely need with numbers in. I wouldn't put a figure on it ( and neither can anyone else at Ibrox) but we could certainly do with a few more as guys could move out.

"The eyes of the country will be on us this season and we don't want to let anyone mark the numbers down. I was really nervous before the match.

"Craig Beattie is a player we are looking at and we hope to push it forward."

An emotional McCoist also paid tribute to the fans who turned out in huge numbers (but no really that huge, honestly) to watch Rangers for the first time since they were reformed after going into liquidation.

He said: "I was pleased with everything from start to finish. It was a great night.

"The crowd was amazing. I couldn't believe it.

"Out of all this madness in the past 10 months the ( actual number of) fans have been a huge plus compared to the official figures . It has been phenomenal." (Final admittance they're in the Irn-Bru League?)

Wee Chick was coming in his pants last night "It's a sell-out crowd, 42-43-45 thousand in here already and thousands more outside" so no way was it just 38000, he might be a tit but he's an experienced tit and been in the game long enough to judge what proportion of a full house is missing. This also needs investigated. Are the The Rangers going to cheat Scottish Football financially just the same way the previous club at ibrox did? Is there something in the water down Govan way? Or is it DNA?

Edited by Happy Buddie

The OFFICIAL version

"Ally McCoist ALLY McCOIST last night admitted Rangers still need a raft of new signings to compete despite seeing his reborn side hammer East Fife.

The fallen Ibrox giants booked their place in round two six of the League Cup in front of a bumper crowd of 38,160.

Kick-off had to be delayed 20 35 minutes to let the fans in and Rangers coasted to victory thanks to a Lee McCulloch double and goals either side of half-time by Dean Shiels and Lee Wallace for a final score of

6-0.

But on a day he added twenty three new players to his squad McCoist made it clear he needs increased numbers.

With the game safely in the bag the manager was able to hand second-half debuts to all four strikers Francisco Sandaza and Kevin Kyle.

But Rangers' third eighth signing on a day of frantic activity, Brazilian defender Emilson Cribari, had to be content with a seat in the stands as his international clearance failed to come through.

McCoist said: "I keep hearing people say we will not lose a game this season but we still need to bring players in, especially given we have a transfer embargo in place after September.

"We will certainly be looking to strengthen the squad as we have lost 45 players in six two months.

"I am delighted to bring in Dean Shiels and Ian Black and it is good to get six centre-forwards in Kyle and Sandaza who are proven in this country.

"We still need a helping hand and we definitely need with numbers in. I wouldn't put a figure on it ( and neither can anyone else at Ibrox) but we could certainly do with a few more as guys could move out.

"The eyes of the country will be on us this season and we don't want to let anyone mark the numbers down. I was really nervous before the match.

"Craig Beattie is a player we are looking at and we hope to push it forward."

An emotional McCoist also paid tribute to the fans who turned out in huge numbers (but no really that huge, honestly) to watch Rangers for the first time since they were reformed after going into liquidation.

He said: "I was pleased with everything from start to finish. It was a great night.

"The crowd was amazing. I couldn't believe it.

"Out of all this madness in the past 10 months the ( actual number of) fans have been a huge plus compared to the official figures . It has been phenomenal." (Final admittance they're in the Irn-Bru League?)

Wee Chick was coming in his pants last night "It's a sell-out crowd, 42-43-45 thousand in here already and thousands more outside" so no way was it just 38000, he might be a tit but he's an experienced tit and been in the game long enough to judge what proportion of a full house is missing. This also needs investigated. Are the The Rangers going to cheat Scottish Football financially just the same way the previous club at ibrox did? Is there something in the water down Govan way? Or is it DNA?

Its one way to get the money out, 10,000 paying £20 or whatever not on the books will soon have a nice suitcase full of money for Mr Green.

So McMoist's idea for signing players is in case they are drawn against SPL clubs in the cups, and they want to be able to compete ? He doesn't think much of Division 1 clubs then does he, lets hope they get a decent 1st division club in the next round, and we'll see if his crack squad is any use. Unless of course he's been promised Celtic in the cup, nah the SFL/SFA wouldn't bend over for them would they ?