Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

He could sell players in January to prop it and there's still a few weeks to punt Goian, Bedoya etc. That should help keep them going.

Goian goes for nothing I think under clause from TUPEing. I honestly dont think the money is there to pay them all for 5 months til January.

Has he got the £500,000 back from Burke + Hare yet? And are they still after him for the rest of the sale price?

Edit for : Mon the FIFE

Edited by wunfellaff

Green has thrown his dice and gambled big. If he had only authorised the signing of journeymen lower league pros - he simply wouldn't sell tickets. The impending transfer embargo also means Sevco need to get their business done now of course, but that is a secondary concern. Green's primary concern is a need for the Orc dollar - and he's hoping that marquee signings will get bums on seats, and lots of them. Talk about a high risk strategy. Actually, for just about the first time since Feb 14 - I can understand the thinking behind this.

You're right. There does actually appear to be some kind of logic there, but for him rather than for the club.

He didn't come here to run a sustainable club that can grow organically into something bigger. He came to make as much money as possible, quickly. The way to do that is to attract big crowds, then sell up. It is a gamble for him, but his personal investment hasn't been huge, basically because he doesn't have huge wealth. If it goes tits up, he'll live with that ok. If it goes well, he might make decent money.

In a way, he's at the perfect club for such an approach. The fans only want instant success because they're mainly thick and inadequate. For these reasons, they're also incapable of examining what he's doing or worrying about its viability.

It is a gamble, but not a personal one. He's gambling with the money and the club of the stupid.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Right, I have tried to be fairly level headed and rational and contribute concisely and sensibly to these pages whenever I felt I had something worth contributing.

And that is why I stayed away from the keyboard yesterday: I was so, so raging when I heard the radio pumping out all that garbage from Murray, McCoist, McLeish and every other Rangers apologist, about how they did not accept anything wrong had been done, how no one can strip them of titles, only punishments they accept will be considered etc, etc, bloody etc!!!!

But today has tipped me over the edge. I am sick bloody fed up of this club riding roughshod over every sense of fairness and justice; ignoring the consequences and sanctions arising from their years of mismanagement, cheating and possibly criminal, probably negligent actions.

Tell me how, someone, anyone, tell me how they can possibly justify signing all these players on ridiculous wages for the third division? And not only that, tell me how and why they should be allowed to when they still owe tens of millions of pounds to God knows how many individuals and businesses and football clubs!!

It is bad enough all these other poor companies having been shafted by them, but what about all the football clubs still being owed money? How can McCoist be allowed to bring in players when they are still owe money to other clubs? I thought all those debts had to be paid? Have they been?

And what is the point of this transfer embargo? If it doesn't start til the end of the month, then every other club in the country has one as well!! Nobody else can sign between September and January, what punishment is that to Rangers!! Why on earth was the transfer ban not instigated from the date the SFA panel or whatever it was handed out the punishment?

Rangers and the vast majority of their fans are kidding themselves they are the victims in this whole shoddy saga. The reality is they have and continue to be treated with kid gloves and favorably by countless individuals in the media, whole media organisations and many of the powers that be in football.

I have always treated both sides of the horrible divide in Scottish football with equal ambivalence; I really couldn't give a monkeys about either of them. I support Forfar and always have and always will. But they way Rangers have acted and been treated - and I have no doubts whatsoever Celtic would have been treated every bit as differently from any other club in Scotland had the shoe been on the other foot - has left me totally sickened and totally despising everything that the former Rangers did represent and continue to do so.

Rant over. Sorry

Then bend over & get ready for what's coming, as your club voted for it.

Only one club had the gumption to say no to Sevco's entry to the SFL, & it wasn't yours or mine.

why would i be sad and upset? still the same club, no history lost, debt free, away from the corrupt spl and signing players for free

life is bliss

A new level of delusion , so good your not embarrassed by the level of naivety.

A new level of delusion , so good your not embarrassed by the level of naivety.

In the country of the blind, the one eyed man is King :1eye

It also explains their signing policy :ph34r:

Goian goes for nothing I think under clause from TUPEing. I honestly dont think the money is there to pay them all for 5 months til January.

Has he got the £500,000 back from Burke + Hare yet? And are they still after him for the rest of the sale price?

Edit for : Mon the FIFE

I thought the ones that tuped over have accepted they are now contracted to Sevco/newco/Rangers, so they would be due a fee. Rangers still seem to think they are due money for the ones that did blow town.

Lee Wallace's girlfriend and family were in Foxton's Bar in Glenrothes today and she was bleating about how Craig Levein has it in for him as he wasn't picked for the Scotland squad. She kept going on about it until another diner mentioned that if he played for a big club in the top division that might change. She then changed her moaning that it's u fair that they are traveling up on the morning of the game up to Peterhead then asked where Peterhead was! She was a classy bird.

Lee Wallace's girlfriend and family were in Foxton's Bar in Glenrothes today and she was bleating about how Craig Levein has it in for him as he wasn't picked for the Scotland squad. She kept going on about it until another diner mentioned that if he played for a big club in the top division that might change. She then changed her moaning that it's u fair that they are traveling up on the morning of the game up to Peterhead then asked where Peterhead was! She was a classy bird.

Pumpable??

I thought the ones that tuped over have accepted they are now contracted to Sevco/newco/Rangers, so they would be due a fee. Rangers still seem to think they are due money for the ones that did blow town.

The ones that TUPE'd took with them their contracts which when they took the pay cut (feck you Jig :angry:) had sell on/walk away clauses inserted. Goians was zero iirc.

The walkaways they would argue are due them but I think the Davis money that was paid by Southampton resides with the SFA at the moment.

The ones that TUPE'd took with them their contracts which when they took the pay cut (feck you Jig :angry:) had sell on/walk away clauses inserted. Goians was zero iirc.

The walkaways they would argue are due them but I think the Davis money that was paid by Southampton resides with the SFA at the moment.

Whatever, I think they'll get something for them. Won't ruin my day if they don't.

In a way, he's at the perfect club for such an approach. The fans only want instant success because they're mainly thick and inadequate. For these reasons, they're also incapable of examining what he's doing or worrying about its viability.

It is a gamble, but not a personal one. He's gambling with the money and the club of the stupid.

They deserve him.

e5032433.gif

You're right. There does actually appear to be some kind of logic there, but for him rather than for the club.

He didn't come here to run a sustainable club that can grow organically into something bigger. He came to make as much money as possible, quickly. The way to do that is to attract big crowds, then sell up. It is a gamble for him, but his personal investment hasn't been huge, basically because he doesn't have huge wealth. If it goes tits up, he'll live with that ok. If it goes well, he might make decent money.

Green could make that the title of his book. :)

It looks like that: the BBC knew at 5.10pm that the kick off over 2 and a half hours later was getting delayed laugh.gif

2ikwllk.jpg

Wow , a cynical old dude once told me that football was scripted by fatcat media moguls to sell papers and grab in audiences .

Hmmmm I wonder