Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Uncle Waistcoat is like a broken record

(apologies to all the youngsters who do not understand the analogy)

it has not been a good thing for Scottish football. The people on the boards and the SFA have already admitted that, and the only thing I could say is that if it is not a good thing for Scottish football then why did they do it in the first place? We could have had a situation where they penalised Rangers financially to the benefit of the other teams in the SPL and then put on whatever other sanctions they wanted, but keep them in the SPL for the simple reason that it keeps Scottish football strong.
feeling things much more acutely is Walter Smith, the Ibrox legend who led a syndicate that almost bought Rangers.

If someone is selling a car and I offer less than he wants, after he's sold it, I haven't nearly bought the car.

The Scotland national team may be affected, says Smith: “Rangers might not have many Scottish players that Craig Levein might pick, but if they had players he could pick, the standard they are playing in would be a factor.”

The current players concerned can still be picked and are now playing at a higher standard.

Any future possible internationalists will just be playing for some other team. No problem.

This is getting tedious but some are determined that this event is portrayed in the wrong light

Edited by cyderspaceman

It's all quite sad, really. Last night they were ecstatic over

on Orcmedia as United were held by Moscow Dinamo.

I used to live by the rule that I only support my own team in Scotland but all Scottish teams in Europe. THE R****** will be stroked off that list if they make Europe again.

I used to live by the rule that I only support my own team in Scotland but all Scottish teams in Europe. THE R****** will be stroked off that list if they make Europe again.

That's a silly rule.

Watching the OF flop in Europe is, and always has been, one of the finest pleasurses afforded by football.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Yet more pish from the MSM, this time the Hootsman:

http://www.scotsman....smith-1-2450045

An absolutely shocker of an article, though proves that it's not just the Glasgow media that have a taste for moist "yáng ròu".

That really is a shocker. With its talk of meltdown, it reads as if it came out about a month ago.

What's not surprising is the self-serving, no scrutiny bearing pish served up by Walter.

The 'journalist's' tone however is totally unforgivable. First suggesting we should take notice of the views of someone so incapable of objectivity is bad enough. Offering a question containing the discredited 'League of Ireland' angle is just insulting and ridiculous.

As shameful a piece as anything penned by Keevins or Traynor.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

That's a silly rule.

Watching the OF flop in Europe is, and always has been, one of the finest pleasurses afforded by football.

One of the better jokes I heard after Rangers' last exit was that they were sponsored by EasyJet - in and out of Europe in under 3 hours....

I used to live by the rule that I only support my own team in Scotland but all Scottish teams in Europe.

It's the way most us feel I reckon, apart from the few who get greater pleasure from seeing others lose than their own team winning blink.gif

If that's true about the ex-Gers forums they will only alienate proper football fans from their cause even more, if that's possible.

Edited by Danish Pastry

It's the way most us feel I reckon, apart from the few who get greater pleasure from seeing others lose than their own team winning blink.gif

Why does it follow that we must get more pleasure from OF defeats than our own teams winning?

Both can be very enjoyable.

Journalist: Martin Hannan, who co-wrote Lennon's autobiography. You cannot get more 'succulent' than that.

It seems that if there's one thing worse than a known pro-Rangers writer in all this story, it's a known pro-Celtic one.

See Keevins, Provan, Burley etc.

It's as if they're so desperate to avoid being called a Tim, Tarrier etc that they go the other way. They also have a lot invested in a game where two sides get all the advantages and we get at least 4 festivals of hate each season.

Unless they're prepared to actually become informed though, they really aren't entitled to a voice.

That really is a shocker. With its talk of meltdown, it reads as if it came out about a month ago.

What's not surprising is the self-serving, no scrutiny bearing pish served up by Walter.

The 'journalist's' tone however is totally unforgivable. First suggesting we should take notice of the views of someone so incapable of objectivity is bad enough. Offering a question containing the discredited 'League of Ireland' angle is just insulting and ridiculous.

As shameful a piece as anything penned by Keevins or Traynor.

I read something last night about Lord Walter (or is it just Sir?) comparing Scottish football with the League of Ireland. In fairness to him the journalist asked a leading question. When will journalists ever get away from the tired old stereotypical rubbish? On and off I have heard this League of Ireland comparison since at least the 1970s, even when Scottish football was flourishing. Sometimes the comparison has even been with the Irish League in the north. Say what you like but these leagues do not have clubs similar to Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen or Dundee United for example. People will still say "Whit aboot Shamrock Rovers last season?". Precisely, whit aboot Shamrock Rovers? Group stages of the Europa League - big deal! Anyway that isn't the point. The point is that journalism is bland. I don't mind reading something I disagree with if it is well researched and written but bland tripe is becoming the norm. The guys writing for the broadsheets think that they are superior to their counterparts in the tabloids. In truth most of them are the same. Geezajoab!

Edited by Caledonian

It seems that if there's one thing worse than a known pro-Rangers writer in all this story, it's a known pro-Celtic one.

It's as if they're so desperate to avoid being called a Tim, Tarrier etc that they go the other way. They also have a lot invested in a game where two sides get all the advantages and we get at least 4 festivals of hate each season.

Unless they're prepared to actually become informed though, they really aren't entitled to a voice.

And the worst of the worst is the likes of the aforementioned Provan, and Murdo McLeod who grew up blue noses and played for the other cheek.

And 'Old Firm' Archie.

I think you are mixing up ex-Celtic with pro-Celtic as regards to some people within the media that used to play for the club, a number of them grew up Rangers fans and with their words and actions they make it clear that is where their alliances still lie despite the fact they played for Celtic, as for Keevins his attitude is explained by the fact he got the sack because of the club.

Watty - Come on then SPL, prove that Rangers used EBTs and dual contracts, hey, come on then.

Doddsy - Aye thats how we got paid.

I'm not sure what is more worrying for the Orcs. That Watty was that useless he didn't know about the EBTs and dual contracts, or that he did know but is lying through his ever yellowing teeth.

From OrcTalk

''Bocanegra and Edu have left Rangers''

As per title,just had a phone call to say both players have left the club,waiting on confirmation of who they are signing for.

e14381.gif