Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"John Johnstone" should take-up soundbyting professionally, such was his prolific performance in those 6 sentences.

A quick glance at the picture and I thought it said "Orangers Ticket Centre"! smile.gif

So anyone care to answer my original question as to what their clubs actual net spend is within this transfer window compared to the last 5 years???

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. Wasn't the big transfer story in January this year (before the financial armaggedon of Scottish football) Dougie Imrie going for 25k?

How is Sevco's actual net spend going compared to the spend of Rangers during their last 5 years of existence? I stopped counting at £33 million btw. You know, the kind of money that could have been used to prevent Rangers going out of existence.

I'd find this chat a bit offensive, if I was a Jambo. One of the reasons why Hearts aren't spending is because Rangers intentionally stole the best part of a million quid off them, pleaded poverty when asked to repay, and then started signing exSPL players on SPL wages.

But i'm sure that doesn't count, for some reason.

In fact, all of this "Our theft and fraud has badly damaged the Scottish game & endangered the very existence of some clubs, ha ha GIRUY WATP" attitude is pretty offensive to all, even to folk who don't follow football. Which is probably why nobody has any sympathy and why more or less everyone hopes the Buns get stuck in the lower divisions forever.

In fact, all of this "Our theft and fraud has badly damaged the Scottish game & endangered the very existence of some clubs, ha ha GIRUY WATP" attitude is pretty offensive to all, even to folk who don't follow football. Which is probably why nobody has any sympathy and why more or less everyone hopes the Buns get stuck in the lower divisions forever.

This

I have been on holiday for the past few weeks and came back to P&B to catch up on some of this thread. Looked in the SPL section and couldn't find it, which either meant the worst had happened and it had been removed, or that nobody was talking about it anymore (surely not??).

To find it now positioned in the 3rd division forum is pleasing.

I'm wondering if Sevco have been led to believe that, while they "have an enjoyable few years walking through the divisions", some form of reorganisation will take place to accelerate their return to their rightful position at the pinnacle of the Scottish game.

For the life of me I can't think how this could be done without combining Divisions One and Two in 2013-14, to allow 2012-13 Division Three champions elect Sevco an opportunity to climb into an expanded spl for 2014-15, a season ahead of our expected minimum of three years outside the top league.

Have Black and Shiels been promised that Sevco could be promoted into the spl in 2 years, meaning that they can be part of this triumphant, glorious WATP revolution?

I`ve been watching this unravel since the start of February and I`ve passed a few comments on the manic utterings and diatribe thats been spouted across the forums. The usual responses lack any sort of coherent answer so I`m not holding out any hope this time either but I can`t help but get the feeling that all the armchair stockbrokers,IFA`s, accountants,bankers and lawyers are refusing to see the financial reality of what`s sitting in front of them. Stop spouting shite for 2 minutes and have a look at the actual net spend of each of the SPL clubs during this transfer window and compare against the last 5 years. I also posted previously that clubs would start to look for savings at youth level first which is always first under review and sure as fate at least 2 SPL clubs have started looking at cutting back on the amounts they spend on youth development etc with more to follow..... Can any of the clubs say with certainty or to paraphrase "confidently predict we`re gonna be fine!"

Not without kids you`re not. Oh and save me the Orc sympathiser,Sevco apologist, Jim Traynor,etc,etc pish. I was fortunate enough to have made a living from the game, thats where my interest lies and its the same for most players even today. Their first loyalty is to earning a wage to support their families and they are not remotely interested in the bollocks that gets thrown around on internet forums or radio phone ins....

So anyone care to answer my original question as to what their clubs actual net spend is within this transfer window compared to the last 5 years???

You said you made a living from the game, Steward ? Customer service advisor at the pie stall ? turnstile operator ? Copper !!! ballboy ?

groundsman ?programme seller, not the guy who used to sell Mars bars, Macaroon bars and chewy at Cappielow ? your not Sandy lotto Jardine ? Player ? coach ? physio ?

Anyway if clubs are realigning their spending with a drop in income as long as that is promotional isn't that responsible business practice .

I'm wondering if Sevco have been led to believe that, while they "have an enjoyable few years walking through the divisions", some form of reorganisation will take place to accelerate their return to their rightful position at the pinnacle of the Scottish game.

For the life of me I can't think how this could be done without combining Divisions One and Two in 2013-14, to allow 2012-13 Division Three champions elect Sevco an opportunity to climb into an expanded spl for 2014-15, a season ahead of our expected minimum of three years outside the top league.

Have Black and Shiels been promised that Sevco could be promoted into the spl in 2 years, meaning that they can be part of this triumphant, glorious WATP revolution?

Looks like it.

I'd love it if Green is basing these signings on a promise from Regan about a Scottish football restructure. A second Sevco administration next season pre-season would be fucking amazing.

You said you made a living from the game, Steward ? Customer service advisor at the pie stall ? turnstile operator ? Copper !!! ballboy ?

groundsman ?programme seller, not the guy who used to sell Mars bars, Macaroon bars and chewy at Cappielow ? your not Sandy lotto Jardine ? Player ? coach ? physio ?

Anyway if clubs are realigning their spending with a drop in income as long as that is promotional isn't that responsible business practice .

EBT adviser <_<

snapback.pngFinnesTON, on 01 August 2012 - 19:13, said:

Prostitute

Edited by Forever Diamond

Looks like it.

I'd love it if Green is basing these signings on a promise from Regan about a Scottish football restructure. A second Sevco administration next season pre-season would be fucking amazing.

Aye cos that promise of either an SPL slot or parachute into the 1st sure worked out well for Chas :lol:

<br><font color="#525252"><font face="verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif"><font size="2"></font></font></font><br><br>Prostitute<br>

<br>Thank you one and all for your level headed and balanced approach to your responses. You haven`t disappointed me with your levels of crass stupidity and ignorance. I see that you have all managed to grasp the stupid end of the stick again and took the easy option of spouting a lot of irrelevant shite. In answer to the only notable exception who asked what my solution to the "problem" would have been. I honestly don`t know what the right/best answer would have been.<br><br> As for the rest of you, I not that not one of you had any meaningful comment or view on the youth set ups at SPL clubs being the first area that clubs are looking at to trim overheads. Any of you care to comment on this??<br><br>And yes, as an ex-player I don`t get it and if you lot have got it then I`m glad I don`t get it!! Players in the main have a healthy level of contempt for the mainstream supporter and wether you like it or not thats the way it is. As for your mob rule,WATP, call yourselves what you will...the reality is that you have little or no say when it actually comes down to it. So you may all be Turnbull Hutton or whoever you choose to be today,the facts are that the clock is ticking on his and all the other Turnbull Huttons 15 minutes of fame...............<br><br>If clubs truly want to live within their means then let them do of their own volition and not because they are depending on a handout from a television deal to determine the level of their expenditure for the next 6/12 months. You wouldnt run any other type of business this way why should a football club be any different.........<br>

Edited by GLESGABOY