Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes but with the NEWCO effectively having very little debt compared to the OLDCO I can imagine that this is the way to go. Not sure of the authenticity of the "hoax caller audio file" where they contacted Imran Ahmad (Zeuss) and pretended to be an investor. But it seemed genuinely to be Imran Ahmad on the line answering the questions and getting irate ..

During that interview he did confirm they were looking to float with AIM ... whether they manage to pull it off that's another issue.

Sorry can't find the link as it was quite a few pages back ...

But I cannot see them surviving to Xmas without some sort of a share issue being executed .. that or bringing other major investors in.

This is the link.

If I've picked it up properly they have 20 investors who have put in 500,000 each to make up the 10 million spent so far and are hoping to raise another 40 million by a share issue on the AIM in October. :unsure::rolleyes::blink:

Yes, all the 'Turkeys have voted for Christmas' sneering was never going to play out the way their deluded little minds thought.

Glad Dundee Utd have a bright future, a decent Scottish club with a proud history. Took a good stand when the pressure was on, too.

Where IS StephanieBarr?

eta Here's another name for the Orcs to add to their list.

Hope they've got a pencil sharpener 'cos it's going to be a long one.

The Scottish Football Association's compliance officer, Vincent Lunny, has written to Green asking him to explain his comments.

Edited by cyderspaceman

I'm sure they will have an accountant who will sign off on their accounts .... it does not have include historic trading. All they will have to show is .. income streams (season ticket sales, jerseys, pie and bovril on match day, etc) , current working capital and projected revenue steams ...

The only question is whether or not the Orcs are prepared to dig deep to save their beloved club ... I believe they will appeal to the fans to purchase a major stake in their club and offer them representatives on the board.

It seems the only way out for them .. I cannot imagine their plan is to sit back and hope ...

Anyone else have a cunning plan .... Baldrick?

Ive read a few comments by rangers fans, that they would buy shares if the money went to the team, not to CG holding company.looks like they still havent realised that the company is the team, and not some seperate entity

I'm sure they will have an accountant who will sign off on their accounts .... it does not have include historic trading. All they will have to show is .. income streams (season ticket sales, jerseys, pie and bovril on match day, etc) , current working capital and projected revenue steams ...

It doesn't matter which exchange they go for, if they want to invite investment from the public (which they will) they have to satisfy the FSA's criteria, which are pretty stringent.

Whatever they do, they'll have to provide a lot more more than projected (i.e. guesswork) revenue streams.

Factual things like assets, liabilities (including season tickets - if any), identities of current shareholders, remuneration of directors and highly-paid employees, etc.

Please Click This Link to listen to Stuart Cosgrove own Graham Spiers on Off The Ball over and over again. Pleasing.

I think OTB should have a succulent or doom mongerer on every week, it's great entertainment and actually shows up their distinct lack of knowledge in anything outside the Bigot Brothers, it's like throwing a quadriplegic Christian to the lions every time.

£40 Million?

Not a chance. Anyone actually hoping to gain control of Newco are highly unlikely to try and do it via a share issue valued at this price.

They are more likely to sit it out now and wait for the issue to fail. As Green and co. start bleeding money trying to prop the team up, desperation will set in and the price will drop off a cliff.

It's obvious really. If Newco were worth £40 million, then a consortium would already have bid for it at something near that price.

Newco fans may as well flush their money down the bog. Anything raised by this will be trousered immediately by Green and co.

I think Green forgets that Murray has tried share issues in the past and they have all failed miserably, this is in financially good times not the clusterfuck that we are in right now.

Any share issue would be doomed to failure.

Off topic but there is a new email site at

outlook.com

if anyone wants to snap up a username before anyone else gets it.

eta you have to go through the whole thing before it tells you the name is already used. Tedious.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Browsing Orc Media, it seems a few of them are beginning to realise that the SPL clubs aren't going to crash and burn like everyone had predicted, and they don't like it :D

From a Dundee United point of view, the TV money is the same as what we've been on the last few years, and with the opportunity of now changing the distribution to a fairer model now available, that could go up.

Season tickets are slightly up and still selling, and we're gonna see more Dundee fans visiting Tannadice than the Orcs have brought through in the last couple of years, I can confidently predict we're gonna be fine!

Armegeddon? You're a joke Jim Traynor et al

I`ve been watching this unravel since the start of February and I`ve passed a few comments on the manic utterings and diatribe thats been spouted across the forums. The usual responses lack any sort of coherent answer so I`m not holding out any hope this time either but I can`t help but get the feeling that all the armchair stockbrokers,IFA`s, accountants,bankers and lawyers are refusing to see the financial reality of what`s sitting in front of them. Stop spouting shite for 2 minutes and have a look at the actual net spend of each of the SPL clubs during this transfer window and compare against the last 5 years. I also posted previously that clubs would start to look for savings at youth level first which is always first under review and sure as fate at least 2 SPL clubs have started looking at cutting back on the amounts they spend on youth development etc with more to follow..... Can any of the clubs say with certainty or to paraphrase "confidently predict we`re gonna be fine!"

Not without kids you`re not. Oh and save me the Orc sympathiser,Sevco apologist, Jim Traynor,etc,etc pish. I was fortunate enough to have made a living from the game, thats where my interest lies and its the same for most players even today. Their first loyalty is to earning a wage to support their families and they are not remotely interested in the bollocks that gets thrown around on internet forums or radio phone ins....

So anyone care to answer my original question as to what their clubs actual net spend is within this transfer window compared to the last 5 years???

Edited by GLESGABOY

I`ve been watching this unravel since the start of February and I`ve passed a few comments on the manic utterings and diatribe thats been spouted across the forums. The usual responses lack any sort of coherent answer so I`m not holding out any hope this time either but I can`t help but get the feeling that all the armchair stockbrokers,IFA`s, accountants,bankers and lawyers are refusing to see the financial reality of what`s sitting in front of them. Stop spouting shite for 2 minutes and have a look at the actual net spend of each of the SPL clubs during this transfer window and compare against the last 5 years. I also posted previously that clubs would start to look for savings at youth level first which is always first under review and sure as fate at least 2 SPL clubs have started looking at cutting back on the amounts they spend on youth development etc with more to follow..... Can any of the clubs say with certainty or to paraphrase "confidently predict we`re gonna be fine!"

Not without kids you`re not. Oh and save me the Orc sympathiser,Sevco apologist, Jim Traynor,etc,etc pish. I was fortunate enough to have made a living from the game, thats where my interest lies and its the same for most players even today. Their first loyalty is to earning a wage to support their families and they are not remotely interested in the bollocks that gets thrown around on internet forums or radio phone ins....

So anyone care to answer my original question as to what their clubs actual net spend is within this transfer window compared to the last 5 years???

SevcoMedia for this pish

Off topic but there is a new email site at

outlook.com

if anyone wants to snap up a username before anyone else gets it.

eta you have to go through the whole thing before it tells you the name is already used. Tedious.

That RM post could get an apt one now

below.outlook.com

Jim, make up your mind, which one? Or is it both or are we all dooooooooomed! Cutback were coming if you were in or out. This was already said, what has happened is cutbacks are going to be quicker. IMO not a bad thing, living outwith your means in any game of life is not good, you may even go bust, imagine that.

St Johnstone - Our net spend is on a par with last year and up on our time in First Division. But not sure what that is a measure of I'd prefer to see us reduce wages by 20% and on balance think that SPL clubs were spending way to much on squad wages - cut backs of 25% would be rational irrespective of SPL TV deals or who is in the league.

Jim, make up your mind, which one? Or is it both or are we all dooooooooomed! Cutback were coming if you were in or out. This was already said, what has happened is cutbacks are going to be quicker. IMO not a bad thing, living outwith your means in any game of life is not good, you may even go bust, imagine that.

I'm surprised you even bothered to answer him. Nobody EVER has pretended that there wouldn't difficult financial decisions and times to come............I don't think anyone ever said otherwise. At the same time everyone could see the utter folly of being content to live off the coat-tails of the gruesome twosome, especially when one of the arse cheeks itself went bust and liquidated!

Jim above needs to wake-up and realise his time of junkets & succulent lamb are over. This is recession and hopefully all the Clubs still standing now start to live more realistically and not be blinkered/obsessed with Jim's "actual net spend within this transfer window compared to the past 5 years"

Edited by Claymores

^^^^Orc sympathiser, Sevco apologist, Jim Traynor, etc etc forum for this pish^^^^

Guest Pampered Adolescent

Excuse me sir, is the figure actually relevant? When I lived in the UK, I am sure that sometimes the General Election was lost by the political party that had the most funding. How bizarre was this?

In my opinion, a more adult view of your paraphrasing: "we're gonna be fine" would be "we're going to attempt to live within our means". You seem to infer that this is necessarily a bad thing. I don't agree. Maybe you've just been dipping in and out of this forum since February and not picked up any of the underlying themes; maybe you are Andy Cameron-esque in your views today, I don't know.

For me, one of the underlying themes has been the "diddy team revival" and a unity amongst fans. e.g. "We are Turnbull Hutton" and Ross County's superb gesture to 'Well fans this Saturday.

Money, may be important, but it's not the be all and end all. Tore Andre Flo cost Rangers over twice the value of the club as of 2012, and we've had no deflationary years in the interim period.

Just my RMB 2.

PA

Edited by Pampered Adolescent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19071813

Apologies if noted earlier, but while Beattie signing seems up-in-the-air, McCoist expects Bocanegra and Goian to stay. Both are flabergasting, but Bocanegra in particular... he has over 100 USA caps and has still been playing regularly for his country up until now.

What on earth would attract him to playing in Scotland's 4th tier (followed by ~2 more years in the lower levels)?

I`ve been watching this unravel since...

I've been watching Scottish football unravel for a decade plus.

My club have barely spent a farthing for years, pretty typical of most SPL clubs apart from two.

What's your actual point?

Edited by Fife Saint