Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Factor in the population. I'm guessing France is 11/12 times our size?

We also had 4 universities before 1600. This is unprecedented.

Why did Scotland do so well out of Empire? Why was so much of 'The New World' governed by Scots? Because we had an educated country by dint of the Reformation.

:lol:

http://en.wikipedia....rews_University

The University of St Andrews, informally referred to as "St Andrews", is a public research university in St Andrews, United Kingdom. It is the oldest university in Scotland and the third oldest in the English-speaking world after the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge. The university is situated in the town of St Andrews, Fife, on the east coast of Scotland. It was founded between 1410 and 1413, when a Papal Bull was issued by the Avignon Antipope Benedict XIII.
Edited by KillieJimbo

Guest Kincardine

The greatest irony of the Williamite Revolution was James II/VII got what he wanted all along - the French & Dutch ruined - with the Brucie Bonus of the best mercantile brains of the Netherlands relocated to London to escape the carnage on the European mainland (exactly what the Dutch Stadt had feared would happen if William became King), & Britain reaped the historical rewards via the protection of its island status & plentiful natural resources the Netherlands lacked.

What you missed out is the most important thing: The Gloriour Revolution put parliament before the crown.

I totally agree. We have religious tolerance and it's a bloody good thing. We also have a parliamentary democracy. We aren't governed by 'the divine right of kings' but by an elected parliament. Scotland was also one of the first nations on earth to have free education for every child. Scotland had 4 Universities when England only had 2.

Do you know why? Because of The Reformation and The Glorious Revolution. If you object to the fact that my football team has a coterie of fans who celebrate being Protestant then kiss my old arse.

I am sure you have 50,000 others with the same mindset who would happily pucker up to your anus. Aren't you frightened to admit that without at this vile stuff you'd be another diddy club.

You should never be playing professional football in the guise of The Rangers , morally wrong I just hope the same attitude is taken if others find themselves in administration just run up lots of debt , or care about the rules Sevco has set a precedence that all others should follow.

Just a short interlude between all the posts containing point-scoring/back-biting on the subject of religious differences to point out that Rangers Tax Case has announced it is to be wound-up.

http://rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com/

The last blog is worth a read in full. Moreover, given the suggestion above that this thread should now be closed, I'd beg to differ and draw your attention to the closing comments of the final blog which emphasises the need for continued pressure to ensue that over a decade of cheating does not go unpunished.

That Rangers were forced to liquidate, form a new club, and restart in SFL Division 3 is a fair outcome. The last remaining task is to ensure that the sporting records are adjusted to account for the 5 SPL titles, 4 Scottish Cups, and 6 Scottish League Cups won during the 11 years of paying players with money they did not have. Drastic player cuts, or insolvency, sometime in the 2006-08 period would have been a virtual certainty if Rangers had not been avoiding tax. It is worth emphasising that had Rangers paid these players the same net salaries during the EBT period of 2001-2011, their wage bill would have been almost £50m higher (unadjusted for inflation). That extra £50m would have had to have been paid by Lloyds / HBOS or a chainsaw taken to the playing squad. This is the value of the financial advantage gained prior to Craig Whyte taking over at Ibrox.

Once the First Tier Tribunal (Tax) finally rules, the SFA will have to act. If, as I expect, that the FTT finds that Rangers had been knowingly operating an illegal implementation of the EBT scheme, it would discredit every trophy ever won in Scottish football if the honours acquired by Rangers during this time are not withdrawn. It is for others to decide if new winners should be appointed, but trophies gained through illegal means cannot be allowed to stand. Please do not believe the rubbish that somehow Rangers declared what they were doing to the SFA. You can see a typical "declaration" here. It does not even say that players were using the scheme. It does not say that any payments were made outside of contracts given to the SFA or SPL. It does not provide anything that would have let a tax expert know that something was amiss let alone football administrators- who are simply not qualified to do any kind of forensic accounting analysis. So let us stop with this "it was in the annual accounts" nonsense!

Short of assisting with interpreting the FTT findings (if necessary), the work of this blog is now complete. I urge you all to keep the pressure on the SFA to ensure that the last chapter of this story sees that justice is done.

Edited by Claymores

Is it possible for mods to de-merge all the religious crap from the last 5-6 pages?

This thread should not get side-tracked by that circular debate.

Agreed.

I cant believe folk still argue about who's got the greatest imaginary friend, surely this should be on the sick joke forum.

1343689764[/url]' post='6482461']

Is it possible for mods to de-merge all the religious crap from the last 5-6 pages?

No.

Don't hide it away as if it's not relevant to the Rangers die soon thread.

Over 80,000 posts and not one bigot.......

laugh.gif

Edited by keeps01

This x 1 million.

Pointless, and NOTHING to do with football.

_______

In other news - the Telegraph's reporting of Scottish fitba has improved muchly since Roddy Forsyth's been off the case:

My link

Is tomorrow the day he has to hand over the cash to the Chuckle Bros? Hope he's got it.

Also, I didn't ignore your points - I just brushed them off as irrelevant and ignorant.

Irrelevant to football in 2012? Is that what you meant to say?

Because that's exactly what your bizarre Protestant-Whig-loyalist collection of triumphalist factoids, spurious assertions and ra peepul mentality is to the Scottish game. So jog on and take your clearly embittered mindset to a relevant society of recluses and beetroot-faced mouth-breathers.

They'll probably be having a walk a few times next summer.

Agreed.

I cant believe folk still argue about who's got the greatest imaginary friend, surely this should be on the sick joke forum.

Seconded. We had pages of 'billy boy/tim' pish a while back, and it always ends up the same way - in a big never-ending circle. At least in this instance it was kick-started by an actual event relevant to this thread... the songbook of Sevco Works XI supporters at Brechin, who, for a new club, appear strangely similar to supporters of an old Glasgow based club that are no longer with us.

Still, can we get the billy boy/tim pish shifted?

aye, "It's on the 12 that I love to wear the sash my father wore" is just dripping with hate.

You know what semiotics are, right?

Anyway, not just St Andrews, but three of the four old Scots universities pre-date the reformation. The other (Edinburgh) was said to have been founded by a legacy left by a bishop. But you carry on there. Let's not let history get in the way of your argument.

To get back on topic, I was very disappointed to hear the local Tayside police thought that, bar a small few, Rangers fans were exceptionally well behaved yesterday. That camera they were using must not have sound facilities. Still, once the novelty factor wears off almost no one will be hearing those songs for a wee while, so that's something. It'll be interesting to see if any disrepute charges are levelled at Charles Green though. That one can't have gone unnoticed.

On the pitch, Rangers were minging though, weren't they? If the idea of playing guys like Bocanegra and Goian was to advertise them, that may have backfired as both looked very much at home at Division 2 level in Scotland. And the young guys making up the numbers were not as good as Brechin either.

1343690410[/url]' post='6482495']

Irrelevant to football in 2012? Is that what you meant to say?

Because that's exactly what your bizarre Protestant-Whig-loyalist collection of triumphalist factoids, spurious assertions and ra peepul mentality is to the Scottish game. So jog on and take your clearly embittered mindset to a relevant society of recluses and beetroot-faced mouth-breathers.

They'll probably be having a walk a few times next summer.

For people named Bigot.

37px-Wiktionary-logo-en.svg.pngLook up bigotry in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.40px-Wikiquote-logo-en.svg.pngWikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Bigotry"'Bigotry' is the state of mind of a "bigot", a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance".[1] Bigotry may be based on real or perceived characteristics, including age, disability, dissension from popular opinions.

He who throws the first stone.

Edited by keeps01

For people named Bigot.

37px-Wiktionary-logo-en.svg.pngLook up bigotry in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.40px-Wikiquote-logo-en.svg.pngWikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Bigotry"'Bigotry' is the state of mind of a "bigot", a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance".[1] Bigotry may be based on real or perceived characteristics, including age, disability, dissension from popular opinions.

He who throws the first stone.

I'm not devoted to my opinions kiddo. If I were, I might have chosen to follow a team that suitably represented those views: as Kincardine claims to do with his cheerleading for Protestant Williamite Unionism. Last I checked, Greenock Morton have no dog in that utterly irrelevant, outdated fight.

I don't find the second part to be an even remotely acceptable definition of the word: it seems your cursory grab for Wiktionary has misled and failed you. As it happens, I am in the position to throw stones: Sevco fans are bigots. I know Sevco fans are bigots because they have wilfully associated with an institution steeped in bigotry since its creation. In addition, their fanbase revels in and actively promotes a sectarian agenda whenever they congregate. Sevco fans who plead innocent are much like Ku Klux Klan members claiming they're not racist... honest guv'... I was just into the secret meetings and the white hood...

You're not fooling anyone here, and neither is Kincardine with his litany of mewling deflections and hilarious 300-year-old agenda.

Edited by vikingTON

1343691683[/url]' post='6482550']

I'm not devoted to my opinions kiddo. If I were, I might have chosen to follow a team that suitably represented those views: as Kincardine claims to do with his cheerleading for Protestant Williamite Unionism. Last I checked, Greenock Morton have no dog in that utterly irrelevant, outdated fight.

I don't find the second part to be an even remotely acceptable definition of the word: it seems your cursory grab for Wiktionary has misled and failed you. As it happens, I am in the position to throw stones: Sevco fans are bigots. I know Sevco fans are bigots because they have wilfully associated with an institution steeped in bigotry since its creation. In addition, their fanbase revels in and actively promotes a sectarian agenda whenever they congregate. Sevco fans who plead innocent are much like Ku Klux Klan members claiming they're not racist... honest guv'... I was just into the secret meetings and the white hood...

You're not fooling anyone here, and neither is Kincardine with his litany of mewling deflections and hilarious 300-year-old agenda.

And you have met me and all "sevco" fans, and base your judgement on the many times we have spent in each others company?

You know nothing of me, but I will tell you a wee bit of my life to show you what a fucking bigot you are.

I have been off work for a few days now, preparing for my best mates wedding. I stood up and did the best man bit and enjoyed every second of it. This wedding was not in any church or chapel, but in a hotel garden. My best friend is a catholic, Celtic fan, and only follows the team, not the bigoted shit that goes with it. I'm the same with Rangers.

So for you to judge me, or any other fan of any club? You know f**k all.

TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR YA FUCKING BIGOT.

I think that's an excellent post and a point well made.

I agree with you. It is thoroughly bad to hate 'the papes'. I denegrate that side of our support - and I'm very aware that it exists and I feel shamed by it.

However, I am very happy to support a team whose fans are, generally, Protestant and Unionist, though not exclusively so.

I am very happy to sing The Sash, No Surrender or, my favourite, Build My Gallows. They may well be pish but it doesn't make me a bigot.

Sure get rid of the 'hate' songs but there is legitimacy and health in affirming Loyalist Protestantism.

Fair enough, but it makes you look like an inadequate mentalist.