Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I know, it's damn confusing. It's like the Jesuits and Opus Dei, which are the ones who hire albino assassins? Don't think Theology is my strong point.. blink.gif

It doesn't really matter when each and all of them are unwittingly in the dark working for the same master anyway. laugh.gif

Latest & possibly last RTC blog:

On 27th March 2011, this blog started what was to become a remarkable odyssey. Attracting a range of very well qualified contributors from across the Scottish professional world, this blog quickly grew to become the place for informed debate on the subject of the disintegration of Rangers. It was also behind the vast majority of the factual revelations on this sorry story until it went mainstream with the broadcast of the BBC Scotland documentary “Rangers- The Men Who Sold The Jerseys” in late May 2012.

The motivation to write this blog was fired by a fear that backroom deals would allow Rangers to escape responsibility for it actions. After Darrell King (Evening Times & The Herald) rushed to get the first stories with specifics about Rangers’ tax problems into print in April 2010, the Scottish media (including King) implemented a policy of black-out and denial. In the silence of the first few months of 2011, it was feared that this entire story might run its course and never be reported. Indeed, the First Tier Tribunal (Tax) managed to complete two weeks of sitting in October / November 2010 without meriting word a mention in the mainstream media.

Looking back, the idea of a deal or that Rangers could escape the consequences of their actions seems hard to believe. We can debate the probability that the required series of dark deals could ever have happened, but in early 2011, it was an unacceptable possibility. The goal of this blog was simply to reveal the facts of the situation- no more and no less. The reputation of this blog grew because it was obvious that it contained facts, interpretations, and explanations not available elsewhere. Although in more recent months the replies began to look increasingly like a Celtic messageboard, the quality of discussion has always been of a high standard. (Sincere thanks to all contributors- and a special thanks to a few people who came forward with much more than just taxi driver tales and brother-in-law rumours. You know who you are!)

In starting this blog, armed with most of the facts that are now in the public domain, Rangers’ insolvency at some point in the near future was a certainty. What could not be predicted at that time was the meltdown that followed: liquidation and a new club forced to start in Division 3. Especially pleasing was the way supporters of every remaining club in Scotland came together to demand fairness and justice. Institutional efforts to forget 11 years of cheating met with a furious reaction from the most important people in the game- the fans. The availability of the facts helped everyone involved in this saga to make informed decisions.

That Rangers were forced to liquidate, form a new club, and restart in SFL Division 3 is a fair outcome. The last remaining task is to ensure that the sporting records are adjusted to account for the 5 SPL titles, 4 Scottish Cups, and 6 Scottish League Cups won during the 11 years of paying players with money they did not have. Drastic player cuts, or insolvency, sometime in the 2006-08 period would have been a virtual certainty if Rangers had not been avoiding tax. It is worth emphasising that had Rangers paid these players the same net salaries during the EBT period of 2001-2011, their wage bill would have been almost £50m higher (unadjusted for inflation). That extra £50m would have had to have been paid by Lloyds / HBOS or a chainsaw taken to the playing squad. This is the value of the financial advantage gained prior to Craig Whyte taking over at Ibrox.

Once the First Tier Tribunal (Tax) finally rules, the SFA will have to act. If, as I expect, that the FTT finds that Rangers had been knowingly operating an illegal implementation of the EBT scheme, it would discredit every trophy ever won in Scottish football if the honours acquired by Rangers during this time are not withdrawn. It is for other to decide if new winners should be appointed, but trophies gained through illegal means cannot be allowed to stand. Please do not believe the rubbish that somehow Rangers declared what they were doing to the SFA. You can see a typical “declaration” here. It does not even say that players were using the scheme. It does not say that any payments were made outside of contracts given to the SFA or SPL. It does not provide anything that would have let a tax expert know that something was amiss let alone football administrators- who are simply not qualified to do any kind of forensic accounting analysis. So let us stop with this “it was in the annual accounts” nonsense!

Short of assisting with interpreting the FTT findings (if necessary), the work of this blog is now complete. I urge you all to keep the pressure on the SFA to ensure that the last chapter of this story sees that justice is done.

Just sent this email to the SFA..........

Dear sir/madam

I have just been watching on BBC Alba the game between Brechin City and The Rangers.

Can you please confirm that you will be investigating not only the television and radio footage, but also the video recording made by the police (which they were clearly shown doing) and taking action against The Rangers Football Club for the singing of banned songs.

Your association has made it known on many an occasion that it will not stand for such bigotry and that any proof of such action would be severely dealt with. Well the proof was for all to see and hear today, not only by those at the ground, but also those watching and listening at home.

If this is the type of behaviour that we can expect to be the norm from such fans, and not a minority today, then I am afraid that David Longmuir's statement this afternoon that The Rangers fans will be made welcome to the grounds they visit in the SFL, will be yet another ill-judged view of what is going on in Scottish football by the authoritise that are charged with looking after our national game.

You know what you have to do.

Did you get a response? I didn't get one to my email

Looks like the SFA are happy to allow this bile.

Yes, you're right. 'Instinstively' was perhaps the wrong word as we are indeed talking about learned attitudes and behaviours. What I was getting at of course is that these people sing these songs and display the accompanying attitude as a gut reaction to the world they inhabit, without recourse to reason, thought or compassion. But you're correct - they don't have the excuse of responding to an innate instinct.

Didn't want to come across as a semantics Nazi but the missus was shouting that my chicken supper was getting cold so i couldn't expand at the time. Yeah, this is what gets my goat more than anything, significant numbers of the OF support fall into a pack mentality without actively thinking things through. I've worked in Glasgow all my life and I can spot people a mile away who have just latched onto an OF team as a short-cut to social or professional acceptance. They've no interest in the football other than what they can get from the back page of the DR on the bus in the morning. And we all know it's the members of the pack most desperate for acceptance that will start the offensive chants or hold the vilest opinion to show the rest they're "for real". And the more that I type, the more I realise that despite being a long-term lefty, I'm coming to think that ethnic cleansing may be the answer.

Guest Kincardine

I don't doubt you mate, but the expression of Unionist sentiment at football is designed to antagonise and send out a message of hate to the Roman catholic community in Scotland.

I'd imagine you're too intelligent to pretend otherwise.

Monkey, you ask a really good question. However, I have never expressed one word of hatred towards, "the Roman catholic community in Scotland."

Sure we have haters in our fans - we all know this.

Now call this a gloss, but I prefer to think of the 'Orange' songs as a celebration rather than an abuse.

I'm pretty sure that many of the Gers fans who post on here see ourselves as culpable. Part of us knew we were overspending and part of us hoped, like a gambler, the next turn of the cards would make it all OK.

Sure we were mismanaged but we, as fans, wanted more and more success. We all wanked at the "if Celtic spend a fiver we'll spend a tenner" comment.

As a former gambler i understand that!

Monkey, you ask a really good question. However, I have never expressed one word of hatred towards, "the Roman catholic community in Scotland."

Now call this a gloss, but I prefer to think of the 'Orange' songs as a celebration rather than an abuse.

By that token, all rebel songs sung by the other cheek must be a celebration of the Independence of the Irish Free state rather than an abuse or a glorification of republican terrorism?

I wouldn't call it a gloss, I'd call it mental.

The human mind has an amazing capacity for self-delusion.

As a non-Celtic supporting (severly lapsed) Catholic I can assure that, coming from the other side of that abuse, it is in no way a celebration. It's abuse, plain and simple. You called someone disingenuous earlier on. I think you need to look in a mirror.

user_green.pngSteelee66

• Davie Weir
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

• Group:Loyal Bluenose
  • Topics:1
  • Rep:-1

Posted Today, 04:55 PM

For some time now, I have felt that there must be more we could be doing to out those corrupt b*****ds at the SPL/SFA, who are conniving to kill us off.

Rhegan is now less of a threat since we now have our license. He can be dealt with in good time.

Doncaster and his new found allegiance with the Slitty-Eyed Top***** who is really running Scottish fitbaw, are more of an immediate threat to us due to their sneaky, underhand plans to strip our titles.

We need to use every dirty trick we can to get the proof that will destroy Liewells plans. Whether its bribery, blackmail, or any other way to find any skeletons that they have hidden away.

Even historically. By all accounts, the Kelly family lied and cheated for years during their tenure at the pedodrome.

Torbett Towers and Hampden must be full of low paid office staff. Cleaners, tea ladies, secretaries, caterers etc. I wonder if any of them would have access to emails, pictures, documents or conversation and could be bought off, maybe using some of the RFFF funds.

Any little snippets we can find on these c***s should be posted up on forums, face book, twitter etc. The more shit we throw at them, the more chance that some of it will stick.

People can be vetted for any possible chance that they might support our cause. They can be approached and offers made.

It makes you wonder if that's how the BBC, w****r.gif Channel 4 w****r.gif and the rest of our enemies w****r.gif have gathered the so called "proof" to help their crusade in hammering us. I'm sure they have in some way or other.

Imagine if the thread in here today with the pictures of liewell and doncasters sneaky meeting had been on video, and we could actually hear what was being said,……….

Imagine if at the next SPL board meeting, a tiny camera, hidden in a plant pot could be recording every word of their corrupt plans to stitch us and the SFL clubs up and the footage leaked onto YouTube. That would nail their coffin firmly shut and prove that the corruption in our game, that we so much difficulty in proving was rife.

Pens and wrist watches etc with tiny hidden HD cameras are available these days.

James Bond stuff, I know. But you know what………if Bond was a fan of a fitbaw team, you can guarantee it would be the most Quintessentially British Club in the land. uk.gif

Amusing. I can see Bomber in a tuxedo playing baccarat against Blatter for "aw fitba".

Edited by Bob Roth

I'm pretty sure that many of the Gers fans who post on here see ourselves as culpable. Part of us knew we were overspending and part of us hoped, like a gambler, the next turn of the cards would make it all OK.

Sure we were mismanaged but we, as fans, wanted more and more success. We all wanked at the "if Celtic spend a fiver we'll spend a tenner" comment.

Sorry - just gave you a reddie there by mistake. I meant to give a greenie for your honesty. :oops

Guest Kincardine

The human mind has an amazing capacity for self-delusion.

As a non-Celtic supporting (severly lapsed) Catholic I can assure that, coming from the other side of that abuse, it is in no way a celebration. It's abuse, plain and simple. You called someone disingenuous earlier on. I think you need to look in a mirror.

No self-delusion but feel welcome to disagree.

It isn't an abuse. I'm happy to uphold The Williamite Revolution as a 'good thing'. I am happy that some of our fans celebrate this. I am aware enough to know that sometimes this descends to abuse and I hate that and apologise for it.

However, it should be OK to sing some 'Orange' songs without being called a bigot.

Oh come on,are you truly that blinkered.

No I'm not,

No self-delusion but feel welcome to disagree.

It isn't an abuse. I'm happy to uphold The Williamite Revolution as a 'good thing'. I am happy that some of our fans celebrate this. I am aware enough to know that sometimes this descends to abuse and I hate that and apologise for it.

However, it should be OK to sing some 'Orange' songs without being called a bigot.

No I'm not,

I aint wasting any more time with you on this. You're a lost cause

1343672207[/url]' post='6481420']

I've nothing against Catholics, but I do think it would improve community relations if they stopped harvesting the blood of Protestant children for their communion rituals.

No no no. You're thinking of the Mormons.

Stand up if you hate Brigham Young University football!