Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

anyone got a current Rangers squad whos still there etc

Time up update the squad list

From the Rangers website

http://www.rangers.co.uk/first-team

Goalkeepers

1. Allan Mcgregor Gone

25. Neil Alexander

30. Scott Gallagher

Defenders

4. Kirk Broadfoot

2. Dorin Goian Going

12. Lee Wallace

18. Carlos Bocanegra Going

32. Ross Perry

37. Chris Hegarty

Midfielders

6. Lee McCulloch

7. Maurice Edu Going

14. Steven Naismith Gone

17. Juan Palazon Ortiz Gone

19. Sone Aluko Gone

21. Alejandro Bedoya

26. Jamie Ness Gone

35. Kyle Hutton

40. andrew Mitchell

41. Rhys McCabe Gone

58. Lewis McDonald

00: Ian Black

Strikers

11. Kyle Lafferty Gone

28. Salim Kerkar - contract up, trainning but not signed up Removed from website (back on website again!)

38. Kane Hemmings - Injured

00: Andrew Little

Still have no idea how they can afford this squad

Edited by Enrico Annoni

so is today day 1 of the new rangers?

have they got a name yet?

I was wondering this too. Is there not a meeting on the 31st which changes the oldco name to rfc 2012 (or something) so that the newco can become Rangers? Or in other words the match tomorrow will be between Brechin City v Sevco (Scotland)? The name change does not happen until the 31st. Will be interesting to see how that is listed. Sevco (Scotland) are not Rangers until then and cannot legally (when has that stopped them?) be called Rangers.

Still have no idea how they can afford this squad

The numbers don't look like they match up at all.

It looks more likely that they could be following Minty's business model in the hope that in 4 years they win the Champions League.

You going to Brechin tomorrow Bennett?

Wish i was but the tickets sold out before i knew they were on sale. Thought about going and trying to pick one up but i'll just watch it on BBC teuchter.

Hopefully i'm quicker off the mark in future.

Wish i was but the tickets sold out before i knew they were on sale. Thought about going and trying to pick one up but i'll just watch it on BBC teuchter.

Hopefully i'm quicker off the mark in future.

You can always watch your mega team in Gaelic on BBC Alba.

I've lost interest in this competition after our visit to Ochilview.

While the article is techincally correct: it's only as someone made a balls of that joint statement? Rangers have in reality been conditionally granted permission to transfer the existing full membership, haven't they?

I read it as they've been granted conditional membership dependent on them transferring their SPL share to Dundee. Apparently this has not been completed because it's held by Duff and Phelps who claim that they have still to receive full payment from Charles Green.

Owner Charles Green has insisted he will fight for all of Rangers titles if they are threatened by an SPL probe and also took a swipe at Rangers former SPL rivals Celtic, claiming the Parkhead outfit had a more complicated business history.

He said: "HMRC has still to reach a decision or announce their decision. I understand the SPL has put a panel together to look at this issue and we will contest it every inch of the way. The view of the club, the fans and indeed newcomers like myself is that those titles and those games were won fairly and belong to this club. We will fight it to the finish."

Sorry Chaz, HMRC did reach and announce their decision and it was that the EBTs were designed purely to illegally reduce the amount of tax being paid. In their opinion TCFKAR were guilty of tax fraud and evasion.

What we're all waiting on is the result of 'your" appeal to the First Tier Tax Tribunal against that decision.

But let's not let the facts get in the way of appeasing the Orc masses.

I read it as they've been granted conditional membership dependent on them transferring their SPL share to Dundee. Apparently this has not been completed because it's held by Duff and Phelps who claim that they have still to receive full payment from Charles Green.

Correct, deadline meeting of next Friday I believe.

I can't see Green coughing full payment as remember Burke + Hare still have to give him £500,000 back :)

How do you mean? :huh:

Ten-year ban for solicitor who failed to pass on Scottish miners’ compensation

By NEIL POORAN

Published on Sunday 10 June 2012 00:00

A SOLICITOR who failed to pass on tens of thousands of pounds to the families of former miners in Scotland has been barred from the profession for a decade.

Paul McConville admitted 40 cases of professional misconduct which deprived grieving relatives of substantial compensation awards.

The 45-year-old lawyer from Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, sought out cases involving Scottish coal-mine workers who had been injured or had died as a result of their work. But he bungled their handling, failing to claim and pass on compensation money despite offers being made and ignoring clients’ desperate pleas for information.

One relative represented by McConville has revealed she has not seen a penny of a £9,000 compensation offer made through him in 2009.

The Scottish Solicitors’ Discipline Tribunal (SSDT) decided this month at a hearing in Edinburgh that McConville had brought the profession into disrepute and was told he would not be allowed to work as a solicitor again until 2022 at the earliest, although he will be able to work as a legal assistant. Announcing the decision, SSDT chairwoman Dorothy Boyd said: “The tribunal finds you guilty of fundamental misconduct.”

McConville was a partner at the Glasgow-based McConville O’Neill in June 2001 until the company ceased trading in 2010. At the time, a large number of cases involving miners were being pursued against the government’s Coal Liabilities Unit.

Many of these cases were taken up by lawyers acting for the National Union of Mineworkers. But depending on how active the union branch was, firms like McConville O’Neill stepped in.

McConville admitted professional misconduct, involving 40 cases of ignoring the Law Society as well as clients and their MPs.

His former partner, Ciaran O’Neill, also appeared before the SSDT on 1 June. O’Neill faced a charge of “Inadequate Professional Service” related to the fact he was a partner and responsible for the conduct of the firm. Both lawyers were ordered to pay compensation of £9,000 to the Law Society of Scotland.

Valerie Johnston, for the Law Society, said: “Where a solicitor does not respond, it adversely affects the perception of the whole legal profession. Clients were not being dealt with in an appropriate way by the firm McConville O’Neill.”

James McCann, representing McConville, claimed his actions were caused by depression. He said stress after a fine was levied on his company “led to an unacceptable pattern of dealing with things”.

McConville is now working voluntarily for the Citizens’ Advice Bureau in Hamilton, said McCann.

Former client Mary Hunter said McConville was supposed to process a £500 compensation claim, but he refused to communicate with her. Her miner father George, who served in the Black Watch, died in 1965 of bronchitis.

“I’m over the moon to hear he won’t be able to practise,” she said. “No lawyer should do that, you would expect better of them.”

She claimed that at one point McConville faked a fire alarm in his office when she spoke to him over the phone.

Another client, Helen Baxter, 81, said McConville had failed to progress a £9,000 claim of compensation relating to her father-in-law Henry who died in 1981 of mining-related lung problems.

She said: “I’ve not received anything yet. I got told when I phoned that they had moved premises. He should’ve been locked up.”

Fife Labour MP Lindsay Roy, who took up the cases, said: “I am delighted action has been taken to discipline Mr McConville. However, every effort must be made to ensure justice is done for the many clients who had faith in him to secure compensation awards.’’

I was speaking to a mate and his mad laddie yesterday about the way the Sevco thing has gone and how it might go in the near future.

They have not got a fcuking clue!

His boy said to me "I think you're a t*m" and "I can't wait till we get FFC in the RAMADAN cup". Ramadan fcuking cup. :lol:

Retarded retard.

You can always watch your mega team in Gaelic on BBC Alba.

I've lost interest in this competition after our visit to Ochilview.

Got the drinks in :) Don't mind saying that this game can't come soon enough for me.

I was speaking to a mate and his mad laddie yesterday about the way the Sevco thing has gone and how it might go in the near future.

They have not got a fcuking clue!

His boy said to me "I think you're a t*m" and "I can't wait till we get FFC in the RAMADAN cup". Ramadan fcuking cup. :lol:

Retarded retard.

jackanory.jpg

While the article is techincally correct: it's only as someone made a balls of that joint statement? Rangers have in reality been conditionally granted permission to transfer the existing full membership, haven't they?

The article is technically wrong. It even states that the board has discretion to do what it likes when teansferrng memberships.