Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1343389116[/url]' post='6470695']

So Celtic are at it as well.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23913366/

Well well well. Who would have thought that? All those hospitals that coud have been built too. Dear me.

Now do these Celtic players have their contributions docked off their wages by the club?

Not just players I believe, but also Celtic people involved in the SFA and SPL. Well well well.

Delivering judgements on others, and talking of sporting integrity.

But, of course, this has nothing to do with SPORTING integrity because it involved a group of individuals mal-investing their take home pay with no interface with the club, whereas in Rangers case it was an EMPLOYEE benefit trust that required Rangers to make payments to the club and the weight of evidence indicates it was directly tied to contract and attracting players. One is relevant to the pitch, the other is not.

Simplified Example (EBT) Rangers and Celtic are negotiating with a player and can afford to pay him £9000 a week after regular taxes Rangers offer a combined £10000 with a portion thru EBT, outlay to Rangers is the same as if offered £9000 Player signs for Rangers. Rangers garner sporting advantage through (we think) breaking the rules for EBTs

Simplified Example (player investments) Four old firm players each have £500K to invest AFTER the club has paid them properly:

Player A) invests in a dubious film finance scheme for tax advantages Player B) gives the money to charity Player C) invests in Greek Sovereign Bond Funds Player D) goes the traditional route of hookers 'n blow

Player (b) is a good person, © and (d) are broke and (a) is not as nice as (b) or ©. However, none of this has anything to do with either the club they play or sporting integrity. It has no direct impact on the pitch. A number of players and staff of a single club might plump for (a) and do the tax shelter because they are friends and they share the same accountants, but that could just as easily happen with the option to buy Greek bonds. The point is the CLUB isn't involved, and the club garners no advantage from this - even if, for the sake of argument, Neil and Hartson really quite liked avoiding taxes it wouldnt have influenced their career decisions as such schemes are portable and can be done at any club.

If Neil Lennon etc. were bitching about all the bulletproof vests for the Forces or ambulances for the NHS the Rangers hid away through EBTs then this is relevant. If you want to make a US style "role models should be perfect" argument then it's a bit relevant. But it has absolutely nothing to do with the sporting integrity argument.

Agreement imminent, according to the BBC :rolleyes:

So, either SevCo have accepted that they are going to be punished for the double contracts, and will lose their titles. Or the SFA have lubed up to a 3rd division team and swept it under the carpet.

Either way a shitstorm is brewing.

And there's what's wrong with Scottish football - what I hoped was a balanced post, and I'm a closet bun :( .

And as for Forfar lying down...

League Cup Semi Final 1977-78.................2-1 up with 7 minutes to go, and needed extra-time to be beaten

Scottish Cup Semi Final 1981-1982............they needed a dodgy decision and a replay to stop us knocking them out

Scottish Cup 1982-83..................................1-0 up at half-time at Ibrox before losing 2-1

Skol Cup 1986-87........................................they needed penalties to beat us

I appreciate that they have stuffed us a few times since, but not many "diddy" teams have been that close that often to beating them.

Ignore him - an earlier classic was Albion Rovers were Celtic's lapdogs at the SFA for years. Nothing to back it up, just spouting shite.

I deleted my hasty post.

Yes, they are back but it's just a refresh of what was there before rather than a

new entry.

I hope.;)

Still no news....can't decide whether it's better they get punted now or they start the season and it all unravels in a horrible mess. The former, I think - the latter will have too much impact on proper football teams.

Excuse me, but Team GB represent at least 2 willing parts of the United Kingdom and those of us down here in England (and I presume Wales) are willing to support them as we recognise that they represent us. They do not represent any of the bigoted bile that your average ORC spouts or believes in and for making that assumption I have given you a nice big red one. If you and your fellow Scottish fans are happy to go along with the stance that all those clever logical and morally superior administrators at the SFA have decided for you then that's fine, after all these people are beyond reproach and have shown themselves to be so over a long period of time and clearly have their finger on the pulse of Scottish football and the wishes of its fans, but don't try and politicise what is effectively now a joint English and Welsh side for your own ends.

I am "down here in England" as you put it. You dont speak for me. Have a red one.

So, either SevCo have accepted that they are going to be punished for the double contracts, and will lose their titles. Or the SFA have lubed up to a 3rd division team and swept it under the carpet.

Either way a shitstorm is brewing.

Somewhere in the middle I'm guessing.

As most folk have been commenting, the very fact that this is being discussed would indicate that the lube has been warming to room temperature for a while. It is absurd that there has been any negotiating going on at all. This mob ought to have been grateful to have secured a place in the SFL given all the dubiety surrounding their background and capacity to function as a proper football club at any level. For them to be in any position to negotiate terms demonstrates a woeful level of spinelessness and tawdry collusion on the part of the SFA.

Edited by Drooper

Just been thinking.

What if rangers HAD gone to england a few years ago and were told that they had to start say in the 2nd division. Would this clusterfuck still have happened?

And if it did, do you think that the english FA would have been so "helpful" to SevCo?

I think if they had gone down south they would have really gone to town on the EBTs to try and get promotion after promotion.

But I guess if that had happened then the SPL and SFA would have still used the lube to let them back into the fold of scottish football that they were so eager to leave all those years ago.

FUCKERS!!!

What happened in the noon press conference? Chris McL told me it was on - he works for the Beeb, he must have his finger on the pulse....rolleyes.gif

He's a total glove puppet. Never a neuron fires between his ears and his typing fingers.

i've noticed quite a bit of inconsistency about what "red dots" are referred to on here, especially when compared to the universal use of "greenies" for the alternative - reddies, red ones and so on (alright - i've noticed a little bit of inconsistency, then...)

i propose - given the tendency, and consequent link, to refer to ginner folk as redheads - that they should be called "lennies", as this would seem to evoke both the colour, and the general feeling of distaste, disagreeability, outrage and unpleasantness that prompts you to hand one out in the first place, similar to the feelings that the lovely neil is wont to provoke on a regular basis

For the bold yes .. that alone. (but the big boys made me do it !!)

I never proclaimed what was in the Retard was the truth; I merely stated I researched the truth.

ergo: I applied logical reasoning to what was stated in the Record.

Therefore you can deduce that there was no hijack and no secret meeting ... since had there been .. Bluenosed Traynor would have pounced ..

so that is how you arrive at the truth ... I never believe the Retard even when they are right :lol: :lol: :lol:

???:D The only facts that I have seen in that "newspaper" was the date printed on the front page. Even then I double-checked it just to make sure :)

Saw mention of an "agreement" or "deal" a number of pages back and have hurried through to get to the end of the thread.

Where the f**k is this "license and punishment"?

The SFA is just cleaning up the used kleenex and dabbing a little tea tree on it's carpet burned knees before the press conference. dry.gif

In regards to that story - Unfortunately for you and your fellow (orcs) haters, it is clear that no rules or regulations of Scottish football were broken by anyone at Celtic FC or the man that you all love to hate so much. wink.gif

BTW, where's your licence!? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

How do you know? 8)

Kevin Kyle has held talks with Rangers over a possible free transfer move.

The former Hearts striker, who has been training with St Johnstone, expressed an interest in joining the prospective Third Division side earlier this week.

STV understands the Scotland international met with club officials on Friday, as he looks to continue his career.

Kyle, 31, has struggled with a chronic hip injury which sidelined him for more than a year.

It is understood former Hibernian keeper Graham Stack is also keen on moving to Ibrox, having left Easter Road in the summer.

Speaking earlier this week, Kyle said he was keen to sign for Rangers, if they are given Scottish FA membership.

“The physio I am working with knows a few people in football and I asked him if he could get an agent pal to speak to Rangers for me," he said.

“I wouldn’t cost the earth and, at the same time, Ally McCoist would know what he was getting.

"I would certainly be more than capable of doing a job for them and it might not be as stressful on my body playing in the Third Division.

“I’ve heard nothing back but it’s something I might pursue if nothing happens at St Johnstone.”

I liked this bit, "“I wouldn’t cost the earth and, at the same time, Ally McCoist would know what he was getting."

Aye, a player with a chronic hip injury which has sidelined him for over a year!!! Just the thing you need when up against the type of tackling that would put Senegal to shame. biggrin.gif

Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20Greek media reporting that Kafes' two-year deal is set for 500k per year including bonuses.

That makes it about £9k a week incl. bonuses? They'll have run out of cash by the September weekend at this rate.

i've noticed quite a bit of inconsistency about what "red dots" are referred to on here, especially when compared to the universal use of "greenies" for the alternative - reddies, red ones and so on (alright - i've noticed a little bit of inconsistency, then...)

i propose - given the tendency, and consequent link, to refer to ginner folk as redheads - that they should be called "lennies", as this would seem to evoke both the colour, and the general feeling of distaste, disagreeability, outrage and unpleasantness that prompts you to hand one out in the first place, similar to the feelings that the lovely neil is wont to provoke on a regular basis

forun forum support thread for this pishmad.gif

Edited by rustyarabnuts

Aw c'mon - this is not a time to be pedantic. It's a time to celebrate again and again and again.

It should remain here until the cheating snatches worm their way back up in to the top division. Because it's going to rumble on for years and years.

Then when they get there we can abuse them all over again.

Yer nought but a sadist......ever considered a career in financial administration?wink.gif