Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Been following this thread for a while now, but I'm more confused that ever as to what it taking so long with these negotiations.

Green/SKY/SPL all want a club called Rangers to exist so they can all suck money out of the potential supporters/viewers.

Sevco/Green want to make some money ASAP.

McCoist/Rangers fans want Green's club to be called Rangers, all the titles, but no punishments for still being Rangers rather than a Newco.

Sky want to pay as little as possible to show as many games as possible, but don't want to put any money into supporting the game if they don't have to.

SPL clubs want as much TV money as they can get so that they can continue to have an unfair advantage over clubs in lower divisions, and never get relegated.

The bit I am completely confused about is why the SFA are actually negotiating with any of these groups.

Every club in Scotland has been messed about as a result of this fiasco. Nobody has been clear as to which teams will be in their division, if they were even clear what division they would be playing in themselves. Nobody has been able to budget properly as a result, and fans have been treated like dirt and kept in the dark for the most part as secret negotiations take place behind closed doors. It is a total embarasment that Lawell and Doncaster had to fly to London, cap in hand to plead with TV companies. If TV companies want to buy rights to our football, let them come to us, not the other way round. The comparatively paltry sums being mentioned with regard to TV deals will not greatly benefit our game overall, and artificially keeping struggling SPL clubs alive cannot be a good long-term policy either.

So, given my stance that most of these 'interested parties' should be told to take a hike, can someone please explain what exactly is being discussed at these meetings? And I am being serious here. I genuinely don't understand what's going on this week. What long-term benefit is there overall to Scottish football in letting any of these groups get what they want here?

This is the negative position we've arrived at, a rejigging of budgets for a few seasons in no way improves Scottish football in the long term.

The Red Arrows have just flown over and done a big Red, White and Blue shite over our capital city!

Political propaganda - I'm surprised they didn't drop leaflets in an attempt to capture our hearts and minds.

you don't think they were just practicing or trying to drum up a bit of interest for tomorrows Air Show near North Berwick ?

This is the negative position we've arrived at, a rejigging of budgets for a few seasons in no way improves Scottish football in the long term.

Tbh - will there be a rejigging?

Last season's deal was for £13M p/a and clubs were anticipating £16M p/a from this season. It sounds like they're going to get this, but need to pay £1.2M or £400k (not clear) to SFL. So it's £14.8M or £15.6M... up from £13M and down from anticipated £16M... but with no Rangers everyone moves up 1 place in the prizemoney ladder.

Some clubs will lose-out on 1/2 away gates, but prizemoney wouldn't fall much at all. No major hit.

Last season's deal was for £13M p/a and clubs were anticipating £16M p/a from this season. It sounds like they're going to get this, but need to pay £1.2M or £400k (not clear) to SFL. So it's £14.8M or £15.6M... up from £13M and down from anticipated £16M... but with no Rangers everyone moves up 1 place in the prizemoney ladder.

Some clubs will lose-out on 1/2 away gates, but prizemoney wouldn't fall much at all. No major hit.

Certain clubs will need to rejig for lost attendances but it won't be anything major, a player or 2 on less than usual or a player less in the squad, certainly nothing that closes the gap between the SPL and SFL.

I do hope the SPL clubs don't look for much from Newco attendances when they arrive up there, I would think most Newco fans wouldn't like to give a pound of their cash to the SPL clubs in the future.

Edited by ayrmad

So Celtic are at it as well.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23913366/

Well well well. Who would have thought that? All those hospitals that coud have been built too. Dear me.

Now do these Celtic players have their contributions docked off their wages by the club?

Not just players I believe, but also Celtic people involved in the SFA and SPL. Well well well.

Delivering judgements on others, and talking of sporting integrity.

In regards to that story - Unfortunately for you and your fellow (orcs) haters, it is clear that no rules or regulations of Scottish football were broken by anyone at Celtic FC or the man that you all love to hate so much. wink.gif

BTW, where's your licence!? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

TBF, the overseas rights were for £2.5m and Sportfive were only after the OF games, so a good chance that this money will be gone. The only real winner in the prizemoney ladder will be whoever gets the 2nd spot as the difference between 2nd & 3rd is quite steep and thereafter the ladder rungs are pretty close together. I do agree with the general sentiment though and the talk of slow lingering death etc. etc. has been shown to be only one of many statements made by an incompetent fool.

Edited by strichener

TBF, the overseas rights were for £2.5m and Sportfive were only after the OF games, so a good chance that this money will be gone. The only real winner in the prizemoney ladder will be whoever gets the 2nd spot as the difference between 2nd & 3rd is quite steep and thereafter the ladder rungs are pretty close together. I do agree with the general sentiment though and the the talk of slow lingering death etc. etc. has been shown to be only one of many statements made by an incompetent fool.

many incompetent fools.

Did you even go read the article?

Here

CELTIC'S Peter Lawwell and SPL supremo Neil Doncaster were in London yesterday trying to persuade Sky to show Scottish football for EIGHT years.

The satellite TV giants had agreed to a five-year deal worth £80million but that was conditional on Old Firm matches being central to the package.

Just maybe that is why he was invited along (far cry from being hijacked) for his input into the situation.

I really should red spot you for listening he ramblings of a pish-stained alkie and buying into the paranoia he feds to the deluded Orcs ....

This is how stupid rumours start doing the rounds then become gospel in the minds of those who cannot be bothered researching the truth.

Should really be red-dotted yourself for linking to an article from the Daily Retard and proclaiming it to be the truth.:rolleyes:

Did you even go read the article?

Here

CELTIC'S Peter Lawwell and SPL supremo Neil Doncaster were in London yesterday trying to persuade Sky to show Scottish football for EIGHT years.

The satellite TV giants had agreed to a five-year deal worth £80million but that was conditional on Old Firm matches being central to the package.

Just maybe that is why he was invited along (far cry from being hijacked) for his input into the situation.

I really should red spot you for listening he ramblings of a pish-stained alkie and buying into the paranoia he feds to the deluded Orcs ....

This is how stupid rumours start doing the rounds then become gospel in the minds of those who cannot be bothered researching the truth.

Edit: Do you honestly think the muppets at the Daily Retard would have

a) managed to find out about a secret meeting .. given their investigative skills

b) Not created a huge fanfare and 'hoohah' if they had uncovered a 'secret meeting of the minds'

Is it not more likely they were told in advance of the meeting when who and where and the agenda, so it could be reported !!

Hiya Peter!!! Hiya pal!

Not even very good whataboutery.

If they all lost money, didn't get any tax breaks and have to pay legal costs

then it would appear to be case closed.

More than that, this was a scheme whereby the individuals attempted to use legal loopholes to reclaim tax already paid on their earnings. No club involvement here at all. Not quite the same as not paying tax and NI (Players) and not paying NI (Club).

I hope and pray that SFA/SPL/SevCo can't come to an "agreement". The thought of having to go through all of this shit again when SevCo eventually goes tits-up gives me the boak. 

Agreement imminent, according to the BBC :rolleyes:

Certain clubs will need to rejig for lost attendances but it won't be anything major, a player or 2 on less than usual or a player less in the squad, certainly nothing that closes the gap between the SPL and SFL.

I do hope the SPL clubs don't look for much from Newco attendances when they arrive up there, I would think most Newco fans wouldn't like to give a pound of their cash to the SPL clubs in the future.

Would suit me fine to never see another Newco / CFC fan inside SMP ever again. Unfortunately it just wont happen as we have been "promised" boycotts on numerous occasions in the past and they never materialise. Three seasons down the line I'm sure they will sell out what is a small allocation anyway more's the pity.