Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The argument that usually gets given - that football already has the world cup - may hold more water were it not for the fact that every sport at the olympics has its own major championships or finals as it is. In terms of picking sporting champions the whole Olympics is basically redundant.

(Though your rant may have held more water if you had noticed that two Scottish women were playing for Team GB's football team this week.)

As for people slagging the authorities for caving in/negotiating a pish tv deal, perhaps we should wait for what actually gets revealed later today before working on sheer speculation? (Still, that would be rather unusual for this thread, I understand).

If it wasn't for the sheer speculation on here Rangers would be kicking off their SPL campaign next week rather than Newco playing at Brechin this Sunday.

Not disappointed as much as you appear to be delighted with it, which is just a tad sad don't you think?

Anyway, this thread is not the place, so we will leave it there and agree to differ eh?

Aye, leave it - because Team GB is a load of wanky pish. It's a load of wanky pish when four or so Welshmen look embarrassed lining up to hear 'God Save the Queen', and it's a load of wanky pish when some Team GB players are loudly booed by their own fans because of tribal club loyalties.

It's just wanky pish, not because of any Scotland v England issues... It just is pish.

Anyway, about this Sevco mob.... when do we expect news - official news, not rumour and gossip?

Sevco will get their membership, i just can't see the SFA etc not letting it happen. They've left it so late that to try and get another team in would cause chaos again.

My concern is that the SPL and SFA will 'deal' with Sevco and allow them not to face sanctions on second contracts, any punishment being levied against RFC (IA).

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/ Lawell going Dutch. TBF to Leggo on this one Lawell is a devious b*****d

I have just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading that blog article and another 2 minutes attempting to make sense of what you and your m8 "Leggo" are attempting to say. Needless to say i gave up. Booooooooooooring. wink.gif

If it wasn't for the sheer speculation on here Rangers would be kicking off their SPL campaign next week rather than Newco playing at Brechin this Sunday.

Wow.

And some above were slagging Celtic for 'taking credit' for Rangers' demise...talk about delusions of grandeur...

I'm not saying that the groundswell of opinion - when based on concrete evidence I may add (i.e. statements from Doncaster/Regan and representatives of almost every SPL club) - wasn't crucial in the decision to banish Sevco from the top leagues, but it was hardly the only factor. And this site is hardly the reason that many thousands of season ticket holders chose not to buy their tickets this year before decisions were made.

Come on, be realistic here.

Does the shooter on that zombie pic up there have a celtic clover on his back? If so, why? Celtic can hardly claim this as their doing, considering the silence has been deafening from them for the past few months. Self aggrandizing twats.

Give it time , in 10 years time the next gullible generation will be indoctrinated into the belief it was all a masonic conspiracy to give TCKRFC a slap on the wrist but the Celtic support and club ensured justice was done despite the whole of Scottish football steeped in Red white and Blue were hell bent on them retaining their tainted titles .

I'm not saying that the groundswell of opinion - when based on concrete evidence I may add (i.e. statements from Doncaster/Regan and representatives of almost every SPL club) - wasn't crucial in the decision to banish Sevco from the top leagues, but it was hardly the only factor.

What other factors came into it, do you think?

Wow.

And some above were slagging Celtic for 'taking credit' for Rangers' demise...talk about delusions of grandeur...

I'm not saying that the groundswell of opinion - when based on concrete evidence I may add (i.e. statements from Doncaster/Regan and representatives of almost every SPL club) - wasn't crucial in the decision to banish Sevco from the top leagues, but it was hardly the only factor. And this site is hardly the reason that many thousands of season ticket holders chose not to buy their tickets this year before decisions were made.

Come on, be realistic here.

I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about.

You're new here, right?

I have just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading that blog article and another 2 minutes attempting to make sense of what you and your m8 "Leggo" are attempting to say. Needless to say i gave up. Booooooooooooring. wink.gif

I have not read the blog, I couldn't get past the title;

PETER LAWWELL HIGHJACKS NEIL DONCASTER

could someone please point out to that illiterate fucking idiot that its "Hijacks".

Edited by Jagsman411971

What other factors came into it, do you think?

-Rangers and their fans' own shameful conduct - before, during and after administration. Arrogance, lack of apologies, not paying debts to those who would be voting on their future, threats of boycotts, that ridiculous presentation at the final meeting etc.

-Implied threats from FIFA/UEFA. (And possible banning of Europe/national team). I don't think this would ever have happened, but it couldn't be entirely discounted.

-Chance to change things - voting rights, league reconstruction and possibility for some of challenging for 2nd.

-Last - and probably least - sporting integrity.

As I say, the fan power was crucial to the pressure on chairmen, but it wasn't the only show in town.

oooh i like that - one star on the shirt for each lane ?

"look - look - d'ye ken tha' ya fucker - even moar stars than we had before eh - get that' right fuckin' roon ye....."

I'm curious to know the answer. M8 and m77 both run past which one is it ???

-Rangers and their fans' own shameful conduct - before, during and after administration. Arrogance, lack of apologies, not paying debts to those who would be voting on their future, threats of boycotts, that ridiculous presentation at the final meeting etc.

-Implied threats from FIFA/UEFA. (And possible banning of Europe/national team). I don't think this would ever have happened, but it couldn't be entirely discounted.

-Chance to change things - voting rights, league reconstruction and possibility for some of challenging for 2nd.

-Last - and probably least - sporting integrity.

As I say, the fan power was crucial to the pressure on chairmen, but it wasn't the only show in town.

I've highlighted those things that had no bearing on the SPL's decision.

In fairness I can see why there should be considerably controversy over Peter Lawell getting involved with SPL TV negotiations... firstly, he's not even a member of SPL's Board, and secondly, he is a member of SFA's Board which will approve/disapprove Rangers membership transfer application.

I have not read the blog, I couldn't get past the title;

PETER LAWWELL HIGHJACKS NEIL DONCASTER

could someone please point out to that illiterate fucking idiot that its "Hijacks".

He was maybe using predictive text on his mobile and was trying for HIgh-fives ;)

In it's true that SPL are paying SFL £1.2M for TV rights (either per year or over 3 years) then... should the SFL's distribution model not be altered... these would be annual pay-outs to clubs:

If deal for £1.2M per season...

... £66,000 to SFL1 clubs

... £39,600 to SFL2 clubs

... £14,400 to SFL3 clubs

If deal for £400k per season

... £22,000 to SFL1 clubs

... £13,200 to SFL2 clubs

...... £4,800 to SFL3 clubs