Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://www.telegraph...membership.html

By Telegraph Sport

5:14PM BST 26 Jul 2012

Summer of uncertainty: Rangers fans are still being made to sweat on SFA membership

Talks between the Scottish Premier League and Ibrox chief executive Charles Green, which are crucial to the Ibrox club's bid to become part of the SFA, were ongoing on Thursday.

The main sticking point to SFA membership is the issue of dual contracts which Rangers are alleged to have used between 2001 and 2010.

The SPL is looking for an independent commission to rule on whether the previous club's administrators breached regulations with alleged undisclosed payments through Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs) which could result in the club being stripped of the trophies won during that period.

However, on Saturday, McCoist said he would "never accept" stripping the club of titles.

However, it appears obvious that either the SPL or Rangers will have to back down on the issue in order to get the situation resolved.

It appears that McCoist wants Ibrox closed down forever as he knows that the SPL cannot and will not back down on such a serious issue. wink.gif

I know it can be annoying when folk like me cannot keep pace with this thread then post something that has been aired already. But here goes anyway. If I am reading it correctly Newco still do not have an SFA licence and the main sticking point is dual contracts. Well I don't see how the issue of dual contracts is going to be resolved in Newco's favour this side of Sunday. One working day left to resolve a matter considered one below match fixing in terms of severity. How can they overcome this by tomorrow?

Business rates tax ni gas leccy building maintenance pitch management cost of goods (ie all supplies needed for running the business which more than likely will have to be bought pro forms since they can't credit) and the wages n benefits for the hundred odd non playing staff many of whom will be qualified professionals on good tuped salaries. Mind they were losing more than a million a month with spl ticketprices full house and TV money plus same for Cl and large sponsorship deals. Owning the property incurs higher tuning costs. When I was in cinema mgemt an average twelve screen site leases not owned and thirty staff on min wage need five million a yr turnover to start thinking bout profit and that's is nowhere as complex a business as running ibrox and mp. Fwiw the people quoting running costs at twelve million a yr are probably out by a factor of three...that was their annual losses with excellent revenue streams

Thanks for the answer. As I say, I know nothing of such matters, but the figures for ticking over just seem vast to this outsider.

Things like rates, utilities and pitch upkeep are costly, but you'd imagine these things would be similar for much smaller clubs whose entire turnovers won't approach £1m a month.

The hundreds of qualified staff on Tuped salaries is overstated a little, is it not? Are there really hundreds of full-time employees of this nature? Anyway, that's surely the type of cost that must be slashed ASAP. We know how Duff and Phelps never made any decisions along these lines, but the new 3rd division outfit simply must, mustn't it? As I understand it, Tuped employees can now be laid off in the normal way, so long as appropriate notice, severence etc is given.

I'd have thought they now need to run the entire operation in a hugely scaled down way. If they aren't committed to doing so, surely they will run aground again. I know this thread does keep on giving, but that would just be too delicious.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The List of clubs that were cheated out of a potential combined total of hundreds of millions of pounds in European Income due to Rangers FC fielding ineligible players from 2001-2010. Many of these clubs may have been eliminated from UEFA competitions prematurely due to results v Rangers FC who fielded ineligible players:

NK Maribor, Anzhi Makhachkala, Dynamo Moscow, PSG, FC Copenhagen, VFB Stuttgart, Panathinaikos, CS Maritimo, Amica Wronki, AK Grazer, Anorthosis, FC Porto, Artmedia Bratislava, Inter Milan, CF Villarreal, Molde FK, Livorno, Maccabi Haifa, AJ Auxerre, Partizan Belgrade, Hapoel Tel Aviv, CA Osasuna, FK Zeta, RS Belgrade, Olympique Lyonnais, FC Barcelona, Panathinaikos, SV Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon, ACF Fiorentina, Unirea Urziceni, Manchester United, Bursaspor, Valencia

I wonder what the players and supporters of those clubs think of this ongoing saga in Scottish Football. wink.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Shouldn't the SFL be making it known to other interested parties that a space might be available soon? If the Sevco issue goes tits up surely it would be better to already have applications from interested clubs to allow them in last minute if reqd.

Shouldn't the SFL be making it known to other interested parties that a space might be available soon? If the Sevco issue goes tits up surely it would be better to already have applications from interested clubs to allow them in last minute if reqd.

Hoi you, there's no place for common sense within Scottish Football :P

[/size]

[/font][/color]

It appears that McCoist wants Ibrox closed down forever as he knows that the SPL cannot and will not back down on such a serious issue. wink.gif[/font][/color]

I noticed thatarticle was by "Telegraph Sport".

What's become of Roddy and Ewing, I wonder?

Hoi you, there's no place for common sense within Scottish Football :P

It just seems to me that they're backing themselves into a corner. If the Sevco situation falls through they will have to go through the application process, which will take time. If they already have the applications in and reviewed it could be a relatively easy fix. It also might put THE FEAR into Green etc. as they'll realise that Sevco aren't the only option for the SFL.

http://www.legalweek...move-to-england

pish article. ...........rangers.........england......blah blah blah. Someone who has no idea of what's already been said.

The goodwill and the brand, if not the club, will undoubtedly live on. However, this blog will look at whether rebranding an English football club as Rangers FC and playing in the English league would bring greater fortune for the brand, or kill it altogether.

"Rangers FC" and "goodwill" in the same sentence! wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I noticed that article was by "Telegraph Sport".

What's become of Roddy and Ewing, I wonder?

The last article that i can find with Roddy Forsyth's name at the top is this one: http://www.telegraph...eltic-fans.html

and,

The last article that i can find with Ewing Grahame's name at the top is this one in The Sun today!: http://www.thescotti...Kayal-move.html

wink.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

The last article that i can find with Roddy Forsyth's name at the top is this one: http://www.telegraph...eltic-fans.html

and,

The last article that i can find with Ewing Grahame's name at the top is this one in The Sun today!: http://www.thescotti...Kayal-move.html

wink.gif

Shirley that isn't the same Mr Roddy Forsyth that was a creditor of oldcorpse, and voted for a CVA :unsure: