Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From my memory of the Livi situation, the authorities don't really give a shit whether the div 3 clubs lose money or not out of a team folding mid-season, could be doing the authorities a disservice, but, I don't think I am.

I can't remmeber a huge amount it all now, but i think they still had to provide a bond for Division Three, albeit a much smaller one, as it's based on the likely total loss the other clubs would make had Livi gone tits up during the following season.

As i posted earlier, I genuinely cannot see how Ran-whateverthefuckinghellthey'recallednow-Gers can survive the season. Even in the fantasy realm of having 45,000 ST holders, it just doens't look feasible unless someone is willing to throw a vast amoun of cash down a black hole.

I say Sevco without even thinking about it now. I've had so many opportunities to use it online and in person I say/type it automatically.

I really gets on their wick calling them Sevco.

I generally use Sevco or "TCFKAR" on Facebook and the likes, although the reaction thus far has been disappointing, with no death threats, offers of a punch in the puss or anything. Poor show, quite frankly.

I did have an amusing argument with some daft bint on the local paper's Facebook page who thought it was all so unfair as the poor innocent Rangers fans were suffering through no fault of their own. I found that quite fun.

I generally use Sevco or "TCFKAR" on Facebook and the likes, although the reaction thus far has been disappointing, with no death threats, offers of a punch in the puss or anything. Poor show, quite frankly.

They were happy enuff when they were winning all the illegitimate trophies so it follows they should face the downside too

I did have an amusing argument with some daft bint on the local paper's Facebook page who thought it was all so unfair as the poor innocent Rangers fans were suffering through no fault of their own. I found that quite fun.

Sevco Rangers F. C. 2012.1.0 will need to operate financially at one level above each league they're in to make this attempted charge up the divisions if they're going to do it in a genuinely affordable manner.

This leaves them potentially vulnerable to actually f***ing it up as well, given that all the diddy sides will undoubtedly raise their games against them too.

Can't wait.... :-D

Edited by GreenockRover

Wonder if Brechin have looked at Kelty Hearts and are holding off on printing programmes, ordering up pies and bovril, giving the hedge a wee trim...

missrangers.jpg

ahh always give mah hedge a wee trim fae the start o' the noo season - once a year keeps ma big ol' hen neat an' tidy fae any noo frien's ah might pick up watchin' ra 'gers....

Hector "Mr Green, can you pay the VAT?"

Charlie "Pay the VAT I CAN!!!"

Wee Billy the kit man produces an Uzi.

Only works if Charlie has transmogrified into Yoda.

This thread is going to the dogs. It's like the final series of Lost. I hope the ending isn't as disappointing. :huh:

I can't remmeber a huge amount it all now, but i think they still had to provide a bond for Division Three, albeit a much smaller one, as it's based on the likely total loss the other clubs would make had Livi gone tits up during the following season.

As i posted earlier, I genuinely cannot see how Ran-whateverthefuckinghellthey'recallednow-Gers can survive the season. Even in the fantasy realm of having 45,000 ST holders, it just doens't look feasible unless someone is willing to throw a vast amoun of cash down a black hole.

Can't argue about Livi, my memory is shit.

I don't know if they can survive now, I did think they could make a profit if run correctly, they will still have a huge turnover.

Edited by ayrmad

Only works if Charlie has transmogrified into Yoda.

This thread is going to the dogs. It's like the final series of Lost. I hope the ending isn't as disappointing. :huh:

Sorry, you're right. I'm clutching at straws cos nothing is happening ATM an I'm bored. But loads more to come in due course, cos the liquidation has much more to give, including potential criminal cases.

Maybe the Sevco circus could mothball one or two of their stands as Thistle do with their main stand and the pars did for a bit last season with their stand across from the main stand?

With all the accounting and money saving ideas maybe p&b should send Chuck an invoice for financial services :P

Sorry, you're right. I'm clutching at straws cos nothing is happening ATM an I'm bored. But loads more to come in due course, cos the liquidation has much more to give, including potential criminal cases.

Not having a go at you HB, your post was at least an attempt at humour. Compared to some of the shit that has been posted on here in recent days it was hilarious.

The fact is it's like we've all been at the best party ever, EVER. There's been loads of booze, loads of sex (except for me of course) and the best music imaginable. No-one wants it to stop, no-one wants to go home, we're all hanging about in anticipation that at any moment Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker are going to make an appearance and treat us to the best ever rendition of Sunshine Of Your Love. At the same time we're all worried that instead Tony Blackburn's going to appear and introduce Lieutenant Pigeon. :(

Interesting stuff on the club's funding during the season ahead.

I know Allan Preston was saying on the radio that Rangers would still be paying more than anyone, bar Celtic, but has that been voiced anywhere else? Similarly, I read claims that Black would be on 10k a week, but is there any real confirmation of this?

Obviously, Rangers fans would really struggle with the idea of paying reasonable wages, which is presumably why such stories are left hanging? Do we honestly believe they're planning to pay 20 people 5k a week or thereabouts over the next two seasons though? It would surely be suicidal.

I can't see them shifting more than 20,000 seaon tickets myself, but I'll admit that's a guess. It's as good as anyone's banking on 40,000 though, I'd have thought.

One last thing. I've read here about running of Ibrox and Murray Park amounting to £1m a month. I know nothing of such matters, but seriously, how so? They 'own' the properties outright, don't they? I can't begin to imagine why it would be so dear. Genuinely, could someone enlighten me as to why such costs sound plausible?

Business rates tax ni gas leccy building maintenance pitch management cost of goods (ie all supplies needed for running the business which more than likely will have to be bought pro forms since they can't credit) and the wages n benefits for the hundred odd non playing staff many of whom will be qualified professionals on good tuped salaries. Mind they were losing more than a million a month with spl ticketprices full house and TV money plus same for Cl and large sponsorship deals. Owning the property incurs higher tuning costs. When I was in cinema mgemt an average twelve screen site leases not owned and thirty staff on min wage need five million a yr turnover to start thinking bout profit and that's is nowhere as complex a business as running ibrox and mp. Fwiw the people quoting running costs at twelve million a yr are probably out by a factor of three...that was their annual losses with excellent revenue streams

Maybe the Sevco circus could mothball one or two of their stands as Thistle do with their main stand and the pars did for a bit last season with their stand across from the main stand?

With all the accounting and money saving ideas maybe p&b should send Chuck an invoice for financial services :P

That would cut their potential income though without doing anything to appreciably reduce business rates salaries tax ni vat maintenance etc.might save a few quid on policing and stewarding but nowhere near enough. Mind bill Miller talking about a thirty million blackhole in the finances and that's when it look like spl footy was inevitable. In short they're royally fecked and if sfa licence them just to see them fold again mid season then those responsible must be held accountable