Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm hope you're right!

I'm just going by what I'm hearing constantly around me. Every Sevco supporter I know who previously held a ST is doing so again - as soon as they are able. Bar none. I also know a few who are planning on buying for the first time. It's not just us diddies getting behind our teams.......

I'd suggest the Rangers fans you know are talking shite.

Remember that approx 20% of their income (should) go as VAT. HMRC should be asking for this upfront due to non payment by dead rangers.

Will they not also have to provide a bond to the SFA in case they go bust mid season? Hasnt been mentioned for a while but I'm sure that was discussed weeks ago as part of their SFA membership.

Will they not also have to provide a bond to the SFA in case they go bust mid season? Hasnt been mentioned for a while but I'm sure that was discussed weeks ago as part of their SFA membership.

Hopefully, it could be the thing that kills them off

Interesting stuff on the club's funding during the season ahead.

I know Allan Preston was saying on the radio that Rangers would still be paying more than anyone, bar Celtic, but has that been voiced anywhere else? Similarly, I read claims that Black would be on 10k a week, but is there any real confirmation of this?

Obviously, Rangers fans would really struggle with the idea of paying reasonable wages, which is presumably why such stories are left hanging? Do we honestly believe they're planning to pay 20 people 5k a week or thereabouts over the next two seasons though? It would surely be suicidal.

I can't see them shifting more than 20,000 seaon tickets myself, but I'll admit that's a guess. It's as good as anyone's banking on 40,000 though, I'd have thought.

One last thing. I've read here about running of Ibrox and Murray Park amounting to £1m a month. I know nothing of such matters, but seriously, how so? They 'own' the properties outright, don't they? I can't begin to imagine why it would be so dear. Genuinely, could someone enlighten me as to why such costs sound plausible?

No, Livi were only asked for one to avoid div 3.

One of the current (currant!) pleasures is when any blue-noses start talking about their team is to enquire if they are speaking about Oldco or Newco, and then to continue rubbing it in by references to Servco, Club 12, The Rangers FC etc etc.

This induces what I believe Pand B regulars call 'Seethe'. Oh such fun.

My personal preference is to do the finger quote stylee thing......

rfc-quote-fingers.jpg?w=640

I'd suggest the Rangers fans you know are talking shite.

Can't deny that - they usually do on a variety of subjects!

What's your view KB? Are you renewing/buying?

Do you not think there will be a strong demand because if only 20k STs are sold then they'll be in the shit again? (Or is this the objective - to force another collapse to allow a new bidder again?)

I still think there will be a strong demand - but that's only me as an outsider who's knows about a dozen or so Rangers fans.

Genuinely interested in your view.

Thanks. Must have been mentioned as a possible condition. Though thinking about it, I reckon they should provide a bond because I'm not convinced they can last a full season.

From my memory of the Livi situation, the authorities don't really give a shit whether the div 3 clubs lose money or not out of a team folding mid-season, could be doing the authorities a disservice, but, I don't think I am.

Edited by ayrmad

One of the current (currant!) pleasures is when any blue-noses start talking about their team is to enquire if they are speaking about Oldco or Newco, and then to continue rubbing it in by references to Servco, Club 12, The Rangers FC etc etc.

This induces what I believe Pand B regulars call 'Seethe'. Oh such fun.

My personal preference is to do the finger quote stylee thing......

rfc-quote-fingers.jpg?w=640

'Club 42' is a personal favourite.

I say Sevco without even thinking about it now. I've had so many opportunities to use it online and in person I say/type it automatically.

I really gets on their wick calling them Sevco.

I say Sevco without even thinking about it now. I've had so many opportunities to use it online and in person I say/type it automatically.

I really gets on their wick calling them Sevco.

Yup. Sevco Works XI for me.

Wonder if Brechin have looked at Kelty Hearts and are holding off on printing programmes, ordering up pies and bovril, giving the hedge a wee trim...