Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Pretty sure the issues below will have been discussed before, but just wanted to know if anyone else had heard similar murmurings? Before I list them I just want to make it clear I have no idea if they are worthy of consideration, I'm just interested to hear if anyone else had heard about them.

1. Why would a club like Southampton pay money for a player who isn't under contract to any other existing company? Unless the player concerned was contracted to an EXISTING company, which wasn't the one just liquidated, or the one just recently formed.

I'm a bit pished so please excuse the x-file nature of the post. Please tell me it's all shite, it'll make me feel cleaner!

As time goes by I tend less and less to believe elaborate conspiracies.

I think if the last few years have taught us anything it's that most people who are proclaimed captains of industry, award winning businessmen and even supposedly brilliantly advised governments are making it up as they go along. There are no long term plans in place for most things, and certainly not ventures are risky as fly-by-night football ones.

The reason Southampton seem to have paid up to Rangers is probably that they were very badly advised. Much like Ticketus, Whyte, Murray, the SFL/SPL/SFA and Green have been. There were no clever get-out schemes to work huge profits by malfeasance, no cunning stratagems devised to expertly bypass legislation and no geniuses pulling the strings behind the scenes: all there ever were were small befuddled men behind curtains masked by smoke and loudspeakers. Only without the wisdom of the wizard. More like the brainlessness of the scarecrow.

This is continuing as Green, backed by Rangers fans, seems too dumb to know that while he continues to attempt to bluff he has his cards held the wrong way round showing nothing but a pair of twos.

Spent the last 20 mins trying to write how angry I am that this embarrassment continues. Failed. Could not articulate. I just hate them so much. Not just for being them. Not just for cheating. Not just for arguing about the oh so lenient sanctions being negotiated. FUCKING NEGOTIATED? But because they have no sense of what is around them. No understanding of the damage they continue to wreak upon the nation that houses them. And no sense of shame. No desire to move on for the greater good. No comapssion, no contrition, no humility.

Fucking hate the fucking fuckers man. I really fucking do.

Anyone any idea who he means?

:blink:

Competition (not that it's a difficult one). Who said this:

'If Rangers or anyone else applied for entry into the SFL they would have to go through the same process as Annan, Spartans FC, Preston Athletic and Cove Rangers did four years ago,'

'They would have to put a proposal to us on why they should be allowed in and then hope they were voted in by the SFL clubs.

'At the moment it's difficult for me to comment on Rangers' situation.

'But anything that brought excitement and freshness to the SFL would be something I'm interested in.

'It would be the same process, given any set of circumstances.

'When Annan were welcomed in the process took a couple of months during the close season.

'In the past we've had to assess the likes of Annan, Cove and Preston on the basis of ground criteria, facilities and financial stability.

'So checks have to be done, which would obviously be a bit different if Rangers were involved.

'However, at the moment there is no vacancy in the SFL.'

Spent the last 20 mins trying to write how angry I am that this embarrassment continues. Failed. Could not articulate. I just hate them so much. Not just for being them. Not just for cheating. Not just for arguing about the oh so lenient sanctions being negotiated. FUCKING NEGOTIATED? But because they have no sense of what is around them. No understanding of the damage they continue to wreak upon the nation that houses them. And no sense of shame. No desire to move on for the greater good. No comapssion, no contrition, no humility.

Perfectly articulated :)

Competition (not that it's a difficult one). Who said this:

'If Rangers or anyone else applied for entry into the SFL they would have to go through the same process as Annan, Spartans FC, Preston Athletic and Cove Rangers did four years ago,'

'They would have to put a proposal to us on why they should be allowed in and then hope they were voted in by the SFL clubs.

'At the moment it's difficult for me to comment on Rangers' situation.

'But anything that brought excitement and freshness to the SFL would be something I'm interested in.

'It would be the same process, given any set of circumstances.

'When Annan were welcomed in the process took a couple of months during the close season.

'In the past we've had to assess the likes of Annan, Cove and Preston on the basis of ground criteria, facilities and financial stability.

'So checks have to be done, which would obviously be a bit different if Rangers were involved.

'However, at the moment there is no vacancy in the SFL.'

Joanna lumley ?

As time goes by I tend less and less to believe elaborate conspiracies.

I think if the last few years have taught us anything it's that most people who are proclaimed captains of industry, award winning businessmen and even supposedly brilliantly advised governments are making it up as they go along. There are no long term plans in place for most things, and certainly not ventures are risky as fly-by-night football ones.

The reason Southampton seem to have paid up to Rangers is probably that they were very badly advised. Much like Ticketus, Whyte, Murray, the SFL/SPL/SFA and Green have been. There were no clever get-out schemes to work huge profits by malfeasance, no cunning stratagems devised to expertly bypass legislation and no geniuses pulling the strings behind the scenes: all there ever were were small befuddled men behind curtains masked by smoke and loudspeakers. Only without the wisdom of the wizard. More like the brainlessness of the scarecrow.

This is continuing as Green, backed by Rangers fans, seems too dumb to know that while he continues to attempt to bluff he has his cards held the wrong way round showing nothing but a pair of twos.

I think on Southampton case it was a small fee to have the player able to play without a possible court case or whatever.

What I want to know is if Davis refused to TUPE over does that mean any payment should have gone to the dead entity ?

All this has stemmed from the authorities not getting all these issues dealt with, so rather spend time on negotiating a licence perhaps the thing to have done was rectify all anomalies.

Green needs a licence and the supporters so he has to appear to be against any sanctions from the oldco just to make the orcs convinced he is one of them.

I still think there is too much to be decided and the only actions would have been a temporary suspension until all the double contract stuff was settled one way or the other.

Remember for taking the SFA to the CoS there should also be a charge of bringing the game into disrepute.

When when you get off the fence and have an opinion feel free to share it lol :)

If they just accept they are a new club and stop insisting on keeping their tarnished history that comes with impending doom and gloom attached to it then we can all finally get back to football.

They can't be a new club as they do not fit the criteria it would also have others applying who did fit the necessary criteria opening a case of litigation / appeals to the court of arbitration .

They have to remain as a continuation so they can be punished for wrong doing. There still would have to be investigations into all their dodgy stuff.

They can't be a new club as they do not fit the criteria it would also have others applying who did fit the necessary criteria opening a case of litigation / appeals to the court of arbitration .

They have to remain as a continuation so they can be punished for wrong doing. There still would have to be investigations into all their dodgy stuff.

The licence held at the moment by the oldco is the one last remaining link to having anything near a continuation of their club.The licence is what the real gers had to play professional footy in our leagues and Europe,they lose that then they are definitely a new club and the SFA would issue a new one without batting an eyelid.But the orcs want to be punished for continuation but refuse to accept the punishment for being Rangers with 140 years history :blink:.They refuse to accept EBT's are essentially a form of cheating as well as breaking the government law,but they want the good bits but not the bad bits.

This is nothing other than escaping debt,cheating,breaking the law and benefiting by cups & titles won & huge amounts of European money (that's fraud) whilst wanting to be the same club full stop.The fact that they are upset about losing a few trophies they won by cheating is astonishing to say the least !.

Necessary criteria ! WTF where does necessary criteria fit in with all that's happened with the oldco and newco ? SPL parachute,SFL Div 1 parachute & finally a bypass into Div 3 ! the authorities have open their rear end to accommodate the newco in anyway until the diddy fans revolted.

I wonder what UEFA will want to do when the EBT case is proven ! there are a list of European clubs eagerly awaiting the outcome and the SFA may get hammered by them for recompense of lost possible income.And if that get's proven then Scottish fitbaw teams get banned from Europe for many a year.But Rangers have their history and are debt free and that's all that matters to them.

http://sport.stv.tv/...ssue-remaining/

ohmy.gifDid I miss something ? when did this happen??unsure.gif

EBT's are legal if they are set up properly that is not the case with dead Rangers and that is a different issue from the side contracts. All payments have to be registered with the SFA so even if some of those players who received payments from the EBT's with or without side contracts if they were unknown to the SFA then those players were registered illegally .

If the HMRC finds the payments made were outside the realms of the EBT scheme then they would be guilty of tax evasion which would no doubt bring a case of bringing the game into disrepute by the football authorities.

Unless I am totally wrong on how I've read into it ?

Folk are getting a bit too caught up in the use of the word "negotiation". Green has applied to transfer the membership of the old Rangers, and that requires agreement from a number of parties who have an interest. The SFA, SFL and SPL are negotiating with each other as well as with Green, in order that the 3 associations can put forward some membership conditions which suit all of them.

If the outcome is that they are given a transfer embargo for their SFA offences, and still face the possibility of losing titles for the double contract stuff (if proven), then that seems reasonable enough. I don't think there needs to be any punishment for Sevco going forward for the double contracts - I reckon any club found guilty of something like that would probably be demoted to the bottom tier at worst, and Sevco Rangers will already be there anyway. Even if it was someone like Killie, I don't think we'd be suspended or expelled from football.

It's a different story if the SPL investigation is forgotten about completely, but the stuff posted earlier suggested that wouldn't be the case.

I've also noticed a lot of people saying that this stuff is proof that we need a single governing body looking after the entire game in this country, which is a valid point (even though other countries operate in the same manner as us in this respect). However, I have very little doubt that if there was a single governing body, then Sevco Rangers would be kicking off the 2012/13 season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

The licence held at the moment by the oldco is the one last remaining link to having anything near a continuation of their club.The licence is what the real gers had to play professional footy in our leagues and Europe,they lose that then they are definitely a new club and the SFA would issue a new one without batting an eyelid.But the orcs want to be punished for continuation but refuse to accept the punishment for being Rangers with 140 years history :blink:.They refuse to accept EBT's are essentially a form of cheating as well as breaking the government law,but they want the good bits but not the bad bits.

This is nothing other than escaping debt,cheating,breaking the law and benefiting by cups & titles won & huge amounts of European money (that's fraud) whilst wanting to be the same club full stop.The fact that they are upset about losing a few trophies they won by cheating is astonishing to say the least !.

Necessary criteria ! WTF where does necessary criteria fit in with all that's happened with the oldco and newco ? SPL parachute,SFL Div 1 parachute & finally a bypass into Div 3 ! the authorities have open their rear end to accommodate the newco in anyway until the diddy fans revolted.

I wonder what UEFA will want to do when the EBT case is proven ! there are a list of European clubs eagerly awaiting the outcome and the SFA may get hammered by them for recompense of lost possible income.And if that get's proven then Scottish fitbaw teams get banned from Europe for many a year.But Rangers have their history and are debt free and that's all that matters to them.

EBT's are not illegal they are a way of reducing the tax burden , what they are not is a way of hiding / deferring wages which is what happened at Ibrox.

If the SFA gave them a pass by allowing them to start as a new entity with no punishment given they would not have to repay their football debts and would escape sanctions for the dual contracts and hell know what else.

Do you think UEFA are not already imposing their opinion all over the SFA's actions ?

No way should they be able to shut up shop and just restart again without punishment.

I think they should have been suspended all these issues were dealt with.

I think if the SFA allowed Defunct Rangers to die without punishment and up popped The Rangers masquerading as a different club there would be anarchy within football.

It isn't what is important to them although those tainted titles and trophies must be stripped it would be ludicrous if they were not , Rangers losing every game 3-0. The cups I know this is where the difficulty come in but no matter what they cannot be kept by a club if found guilty of illegally registered players

The only resentment and possible legal actions would come from the scenario you are suggesting.

Folk are getting a bit too caught up in the use of the word "negotiation". Green has applied to transfer the membership of the old Rangers, and that requires agreement from a number of parties who have an interest. The SFA, SFL and SPL are negotiating with each other as well as with Green, in order that the 3 associations can put forward some membership conditions which suit all of them.

No one should be negotiating with Green at all. If you wish to be a member of the SFA/SPL/SFL then you abide by their rules and decisions, as well as the rules set by FIFA and UEFA.

I'm amazed that Green can spend the equivalent of 20 minutes in Scottish football, yet feel he has anything to add to the party. It truly is a circus.

No one should be negotiating with Green at all. If you wish to be a member of the SFA/SPL/SFL then you abide by their rules and decisions, as well as the rules set by FIFA and UEFA.

I'm amazed that Green can spend the equivalent of 20 minutes in Scottish football, yet feel he has anything to add to the party. It truly is a circus.

There's no point in the SFA, SPL & SFL spending time thrashing out agreements with each other without keeping Green in the loop. I'm pretty sure any other club would be treated in the same way, which is all I'm looking for.

So... I've not been about, since the birth of my first child, on the 6th.

Have I missed anything?

Not really, but you should reconsider your priorities.. you could have missed something important! mad.gif

Baby well? rolleyes.gif

Edited by welshbairn