Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If someone else is driving your car and totally wrecks it .. You can get a new body shell and transfer all the body parts and anything salvageable .. then stick the shiny badge on the bonnet .. but it will never be the same car !!

Precisely......

TriggersBroom.jpg

Hey everybody,

Up until about this time last week I had read every page of this thread, but due to some family circumstances I've fell behind and only seeing snippets in the MSM I don't have a clue what's been happening in this saga.

Any chance anybody could fill me in on what's happened over the past week or so???

Cheers!

Somebody in Govan is, as we speak, composing a song entitled The Light Blues Blues.

All suggestions for lyrics gratefully received.

It's hard here baby, singing the blues,

Down with the Annan, just payin' our dues,

Three years time though the Gers will be back,

If we do the right thing and give Sally the sack.

Life sure is hard, we've been punished enough,

Our players upped and left us, and Broadfoot is duff,

We ain't got no money, we ain't got no cash,

We ain't got five titles and four cup wins were gash.

They just keep on kicking us when we are down,

We're left with a fanny like John Bomber Brown,

We ain't got no hope and we ain't got a chance,

We can't go to England, or even to France.

So we'll keep on singing the teddy bear blues,

Kicking off in the Ramsdens, still paying our dues,

Got Irn Bru sleeves and no cash in the bank,

Just Bomber and Ally and Sandy the wan.....

Needs a polish...

Didn't the catholic church have a practice where you could avoid punishment for sins for a fee?

I take it you don't mean confession and penance.

In the unlikely event of them confessing, can you see them doing 20 decades of the rosary?

I imagine he's talking about the "indulgences" Traynor offered Minty in exchange for his succulent lamb.. puke.gif

Edited by welshbairn

STV have the SPL with Dundee in it but as usual BBC have Club 12, are they still hopeful of Sevco making it! There is no other reason they cannot change their league tables, and make them up to date.

It's hard here baby, singing the blues,

Down with the Annan, just payin' our dues,

Three years time though the Gers will be back,

If we do the right thing and give Sally the sack.

Life sure is hard, we've been punished enough,

Our players upped and left us, and Broadfoot is duff,

We ain't got no money, we ain't got no cash,

We ain't got five titles and four cup wins were gash.

They just keep on kicking us when we are down,

We're left with a fanny like John Bomber Brown,

We ain't got no hope and we ain't got a chance,

We can't go to England, or even to France.

So we'll keep on singing the teddy bear blues,

Kicking off in the Ramsdens, still paying our dues,

Got Irn Bru sleeves and no cash in the bank,

Just Bomber and Ally and Sandy the mhank???wink.gif.

Needs a polish...

And there the last twenty odd pages comes round to its third full circle. I agree with you and the prevailing sentiment; Rangers didn't die as a club, but if they are to start anew in the third division, they should do so as an associate member of the league, be entitled to the same financial fallback as everyone else - despite what Wings infers - and as such should pay whatever punishment is due to the Rangers FC that lost its SPL membership.

Can we all at least agree that whatever else they may be, they are still scum until they stop the 'folk singing', the bigotry, the entitlement mindset and the arrogance?

STV have the SPL with Dundee in it but as usual BBC have Club 12, are they still hopeful of Sevco making it! There is no other reason they cannot change their league tables, and make them up to date.

stick a complaint in then !!tongue.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/3701180.stm

This post i have just read on another football forum has me wondering ...

"I wonder how much of my life I've spent reading this thread and it's predecessors. I haven't even bought a newspaper for months, my breaks are taken on this forum. I've barely ventured into other threads on the forum ffs!"

...does anyone on here feel a bit of the same lately? wink.gif

And the website says "The supporters of AFC Wimbledon believe that our club is a continuation of the spirit which formed Wimbledon Old Centrals in 1889 and kept Wimbledon Football Club alive until May 2002. We consider that a football club is not simply the legal entity which controls it, but that it is the community formed by the fans and players working towards a common goal. We therefore reproduce the honours won by what we believe was, and will always be, 'our' club, in our community."

There's no harm in believing. Lots of people believe, e.g., that

- the Earth is flat

- the world was created in six days

- Santa Claus exists

- the Pope is infallible

They are all wrong too.

These feckin' greenies don't last long!

The link I followed on the BBC page took me to the SPL page where, right enough, it's still Club 12 http://www.scotprem.com/content/

Wouldn't worry about it - it's just the way the BBC operate. Five years ago when we came up, we were never in the SPL section of their website or in the SPL section of the BBC teletext pages until almost the night before the season kicked off.

No need to panic. :)

Could this stuff about Black and Beattie training with Sevco be Green trying to entice the Currants to buy season tickets?

If the stuff is true about him cutting back the staff why would he land Beattie and Black with a few grand a week when playing them in the 3rd would be like bring a rocket launcher to a fist fight.

Hey everybody,

Up until about this time last week I had read every page of this thread, but due to some family circumstances I've fell behind and only seeing snippets in the MSM I don't have a clue what's been happening in this saga.

Any chance anybody could fill me in on what's happened over the past week or so???

Cheers!

Coisty says no to title stripping and he will probably get his way, slowly the whole world is starting to realise that rangers will always be rangers and 5 years from now they will be back on top of spl with a debt free well run well structured business and they won't even hear us plebs calling them cheats from up in their ivory towers.

Oh and chuck green says they will consider helping the country out of a pickle by plugging the gap in sfl 3 provided we all agree to sweep the duel contract investigation under the rug and never speak of it again.

Meanwhile follow follow and other such forums continue to be enraged by us interfering in there business

If someone else is driving your car and totally wrecks it .. You can get a new body shell and transfer all the body parts and anything salvageable .. then stick the shiny badge on the bonnet .. but it will never be the same car !!

It's a terrible analogy, but in any case, coaches were frequently "rebuilt" with a new body put on the old chassis. "Busspotters" (is there such a term?) apparently still regard it as the same bus. Though they might also have long, tedious debates about it on internet forums ;)

But its all very confusing anyway .... if Rangers are dead, why does most everyone on here hate Sevco and expect them to be punished? I think the continuation of extreme animosity is enough to tell you that football fans in general regard Sevco as the same team, but don't want to admit it because it would ruin the fun of saying "Rangers are deid".

Compulsory Liquidation: http://en.wikipedia....ory_liquidation

The parties who are entitled by law to petition for the compulsory liquidation of a company vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but generally, a petition may be lodged with the court for the compulsory liquidation of a company by:

Liquidator: http://en.wikipedia....iquidator_(law)

( In Rangers FC case, BDO Liquidators have been appointed on behalf of HMRC )

In law, a liquidator is the officer appointed when a company goes into winding-up or liquidation who has responsibility for collecting in all of the assets of the company and settling all claims against the company before putting the company into dissolution.

Duties: http://en.wikipedia....or_(law)#Duties

In compulsory liquidation, the liquidator must assume control of all property to which the company appears to be entitled. The exercise of his powers is subject to the supervision of the court. He may be compelled to call a meeting of creditors or contributories when requested to do so by those holding above the statutory minimum.In a voluntary winding-up, the liquidator may exercise the court's power of settling a list of contributories and of making calls, and he may summon general meetings of the company for any purpose he thinks fit. In a creditor's voluntary winding-up, he must report to the creditor's meeting on the exercise of his powers.

The liquidator is generally obliged to make returns and accounts, owes fiduciary duties to the company and should investigate the causes of the company's failure and the conduct of its managers, in the wider public interest of action being taken against those engaged in commercially culpable conduct.

A liquidator who is appointed to wind-up a failing business should act with professional efficiency and not exercise the sort of complacency that might have caused the business to decline in the first place.

Misconduct: http://en.wikipedia....tion#Misconduct

( In the case of Rangers FC, Misconduct has taken place )

The liquidator will normally have a duty to ascertain whether any misconduct has been conducted by those in control of the company which has caused prejudice to the general body of creditors. In some legal systems, in appropriate cases, the liquidator may be able to bring an action against errant directors or shadow directors for either wrongful trading or fraudulent trading.

The liquidator may also have to determine whether any payments made by the company or transactions entered into may be voidable as a transaction at an undervalue or an unfair preference.

Where, during the investigation of the affairs of the company, the liquidator uncovers wrongdoing on the part of the management of the company, he may have power to bring proceedings for wrongful trading or, in extreme cases, for fraudulent trading.

However, the liquidator cannot normally enter into a champertous agreement to assign the fruits of an action to a third party offering to finance the litigation, if the right to said action accrued solely as a result of the liquidator's statutory duties, instead of being a right to action that had existed before the liquidator came on the scene.

The liquidator may also seek to set aside transactions which were entered into by the company in the time immediately preceding the company going into liquidation where he forms the view that they constitute an unfair preference or a transaction at an undervalue.

Phoenix Companies: http://en.wikipedia....oenix_companies

In the UK, many companies in debt decide it's more beneficial to start again by creating a new company, often referred to as a 'phoenix' company. In business terms this will mean liquidating a company as the only option and then resuming under a different name with the same customers, clients and suppliers. In some circumstances it may appear ideal for the directors, however if they trade under a name which is the same or substantially the same as the company in liquidation without approval from the Court they will be committing an offence under S216 of the Insolvency Act 1986 (and equivalent legislation in UK regions). Persons participating in the management of the 'Phoenix' company may also be held personally liable for the debts of the company under s217 of the Insolvency Act unless the Court approval has been granted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZlWqVeLzg

ph34r.gif

Sorry, one last post..........do you have any conception of just how boring you are?