Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sorry to spoil your argument as I want them as deid as anyone else however the spirit resides in a physical entity. When that entity dies the spirit lives on and may be perceived as a ghost however the spirit at a later date may reside in another entity that is born.

Hiya Derek Acorah, hiya pal.

Agree, but there is no "killing". What we are seeing is a spectacular suicide attempt, with the "loved ones" of our governing bodies trying to keep some life in the corpse until help arrives in the form of the new season. "If we can just get them playing again it'll be alright".

NO IT FUCKING WON'T!

It's more like cryogenically freezing a relative so that someday they can be revived in their present form.

For example....

Sorry, wasn't implying you were thick, I had a senior moment on that one, I was going somewhere with the argument, then got distracted. :huh:

No problem.

Without wishing to take the debate round in further circles, there are things that could be done to ensure a greater degree of equality, although they would of course only go so far. These would be to do with fairer models of financial distribution.

As lots have already acknowledged, detailed comparisons with American Sports break down for various reasons. With the big ones, you're looking at continent-wide Superleagues. We don't yet have (or want) anything like that.

What's marked this process is that so many attached to our game can only envisage one where two teams enjoy absolutely massive advantages over everyone else. The idea that such an unsporting situation must be maintained in the interests of the game is the bit that is so ridiculous and angering.

Weird that. I can only think the Beeb have some quid pro quo thing with Cockwomble for exclusives.

It's because Chris McLaughlin has proven himself to be an utterly reliable stenographer for anything that gets told to him by a man in a tie. Almost makes you pine for the succulents, who may be bent as a nine bob note but are at least occasionally capable of critical or original thought.

Here's the BBC report on Green's 'hopeful'-ness. Not much content bar his meeting Regan & Doncaster.

Inevitably BBC continue to report the 'nae TV rights to SPL means nae Settlement to SFL' thing without critique.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18972417

Gotta hope Doncaster holds firm for the sake of sporting integrity.

What's marked this process is that so many attached to our game can only envisage one where two teams enjoy absolutely massive advantages over everyone else. The idea that such an unsporting situation must be maintained in the interests of the game is the bit that is so ridiculous and angering.

It's amazing isn't it. As many of us have agreed throughout this thread, it's the surprise that the diddy clubs and fans aren't doing all in their power to ensure the status quo continues.

A license? Does that get them clearance to play in the NASL?

My sincere apologies for this dreadful spelling error.

Where the F**k did you get that :lol: I wish those helpful buggers at the SFA would hurry up with our license :rolleyes:

Licence/Membership. Potato/Patata

Edited by Cammy35

It's amazing isn't it. As many of us have agreed throughout this thread, it's the surprise that the diddy clubs and fans aren't doing all in their power to ensure the status quo continues.

Yes, and it's not just surprise. What we've seen from the likes of Traynor and Burley has been outright hostility.

Somehow, we're the idiots for suggesting there might be a fairer way and that the current 'crisis' might present a chance to seize it.

Sorry to spoil your argument as I want them as deid as anyone else however the spirit resides in a physical entity. When that entity dies the spirit lives on and may be perceived as a ghost however the spirit at a later date may reside in another entity that is born.

Here to help :)

Yes, so we shouldn't be talking about Zombie-gers or vampire-gers, which would be the continuation in an undead state, we need to look at Buddhism (and reincarnation) rather than Voodoo or Carpathian folklore for our definition, so what should it be, Avatar-rangers?

Edited by Happy Buddie

Is there any substance to Charlie's claim that a licence is on the cards? Anything more than he has had meetings and they were positive? Let's be honest - Ally met with Craig Whyte and publically announced he 'was encouraged by what he heard'... then he said the same following talks with Brian Kennedy, then Paul Murray, then Soccerball Bill, then Charlie Green.

Until I see Sevco running out and completing 90 minutes at the Brechin Superdome... I remain sceptical.

Has Charlie accepted that investigations into illegal double contracts simply cannot be brushed under the carpet? Not after the BBC documentary and the SPL 'prima facie' case to answer statement they can't.

Is there any substance to Charlie's claim that a licence is on the cards? Anything more than he has had meetings and they were positive? Let's be honest - Ally met with Craig Whyte and publically announced he 'was encouraged by what he heard'... then he said the same following talks with Brian Kennedy, then Paul Murray, then Soccerball Bill, then Charlie Green.

Until I see Sevco running out and completing 90 minutes at the Brechin Superdome... I remain sceptical.

Has Charlie accepted that investigations into illegal double contracts simply cannot be brushed under the carpet? Not after the BBC documentary and the SPL 'prima facie' case to answer statement they can't.

I must be missing something but why would green be worried about the dual contracts investigation? This is one bit that definitely would not impact on newco or the directors of newco that we know of. Is it just to give succour to fat sally and the oldco fans? Or is it just a convenient out?

Edited by Fasda

I am a big fan of American Football and agree that the principle of "giving the best to the worst in the hope of levelling the playing field" is a great concept. Hard to get it working in football though as the NFL is the biggest gig in town and thereby attracts all the best players from college no way could Scottish Football compete and the labour laws in Europe wouldn't allow the type of agreement that the NFL and players have with the Collective Bargaining. Pity as I would like to see the convergence of the teams on a financial and ability level.

Some half measures ARE available:

- gate sharing

- flat distribution of TV/naming rights/ etc money.

Ina SPL context - with its c. 50 million GBP turnover Celtic would still be light years ahead of the rest, while the "best of the rest" like Hearts, Aberdeen or Dundee would see their c.8-10 million unaffected (or make minmal gains).

It would be the 4-5 million crowd which would gain the most.

Hence it would be 2nd to 12th mob drawing closer. Which could be a Good Thing in itself.

Borys

I must be missing something but why would green be worried about the dual contracts investigation? This is one bit that definitely would not impact on newco or the directors of newco that we know of.

Why not? It was begun prior to the end of Oldco. If Newco is a continuation of Oldco and santions resulting from that investigation would be visited upon Newco as a result of their transfer of membership.

That's my understanding anyway. Everyhting comes back to how Sevco were shoehorned into the SFL. They didn't apply like any other club would have to, so they cannot avoid the sins of the father.

Really? The Wimbledon fans I know all consider themselves to support the club that dates back to the nineteenth century.

(Here's the honours list from the AFCW website - http://www.afcwimble...tion_id=7 )

[/right]

And the website says "The supporters of AFC Wimbledon believe that our club is a continuation of the spirit which formed Wimbledon Old Centrals in 1889 and kept Wimbledon Football Club alive until May 2002. We consider that a football club is not simply the legal entity which controls it, but that it is the community formed by the fans and players working towards a common goal. We therefore reproduce the honours won by what we believe was, and will always be, 'our' club, in our community."

There's no harm in believing. Lots of people believe, e.g., that

- the Earth is flat

- the world was created in six days

- Santa Claus exists

- the Pope is infallible

They are all wrong too.

My sincere apologies for this dreadful spelling error.

Licence/Membership. Potato/Patata

Well, the contributors to this thread are quite pedantic, we like to insist upon the accepted parameters of society, like fair play, paying taxes and having just one contract.

Why not? It was begun prior to the end of Oldco. If Newco is a continuation of Oldco and santions resulting from that investigation would be visited upon Newco as a result of their transfer of membership.

That's my understanding anyway. Everyhting comes back to how Sevco were shoehorned into the SFL. They didn't apply like any other club would have to, so they cannot avoid the sins of the father.

Didn't the catholic church have a practice where you could avoid punishment for sins for a fee?