Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So the conspiracy theorists were only partly wrong. :unsure:

Not a conspiracy theory, this, just a theory. was Charlie's galavanting in Switzerland and Greece a symptom of last-minute scrambling around trying to raise capital to get them to the end of the month and BK's intervention is the last straw for him to clutch at?

'Supposed' price limit, where does that come from ?

The ticket pricing is quite interesting though, what would Rangers have previously charged for a Cup game against a Third Division side ?

email I got back from SFA re pricing policybiggrin.gif

Hi*****, Re your e-mail. The SFL does not set the admission prices which clubs should charge for league matches, and it is left entirely to the club's discretion. However, the SFL advises clubs of the minimum recommended prices of admission which are used by clubs to calculate a shared gate in a Cup Tie, and these are as follows for season 2012/2013: First Division £12.00Second Division £10.00Third Division £9.00 I hope this is of assistance. Regards,Carol

sevco or any club can charge what they like ph34r.gif

Kelty Hearts have announced their game against 'Rangers' on Wednesday has been postponed now too.

I see the sarcastic comment "thanking" the SFA for causing them hassle, nothing to do with the fact that The The The The Rangers won't accept that they need to take their medicine.

Edited by Happy Buddie

Kelty Hearts have announced their game against 'Rangers' on Wednesday has been postponed now too.

I did say Stefan shouldn't start counting his money until the game kicked off.

I hope all my other predictions are as accurate :)

Statement from Kelty Hearts website

The Stefan Winiarski Testimonial Match between Kelty Hearts and Rangers on Wednesday has been postponed to a later date due to the SFA not granting Rangers a licence to play any matches, friendlies or competitive.

Rangers have instructed us that an alternative date will be arranged very soon so all tickets and hospitality tickets are still valid for the match.

We are all gutted with all the work done sending tickets out etc, money spent and time put in by volunteers to make the night a great one, as you can imagine Stefan is also sick at this outcome.

Programmes have been printed, food ordered, marquee for hospitality etc. so a thanks must go to the SFA for having a negative impact on not only the top end of Scottish Football but lower end also.

^^^ Seething

Surely Kelty can't be seething at the SFA, they should've been well aware of the fact that Rangers are ultimately a toxic club and that any NewCo will need time to establish itself. The SFA can't simply let clubs in regardless of their past indiscretions or problems for the sake of the fact a club have ordered some sandwiches for a testimonial. rolleyes.gif

Someone linked to this Torygraph article earlier.

Another balanced piece from Ewing Grahame.

Is Roddy Forsyth on his holibags? Good.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9418724/Rangers-in-crisis-Sevco-have-until-Friday-to-gain-SFA-membership-and-play-football-next-season.html

No, I am not Ewing's mum.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Statement from Kelty Hearts website

The Stefan Winiarski Testimonial Match between Kelty Hearts and Rangers on Wednesday has been postponed to a later date due to the SFA not granting Rangers a licence to play any matches, friendlies or competitive.

Rangers have instructed us that an alternative date will be arranged very soon so all tickets and hospitality tickets are still valid for the match.

We are all gutted with all the work done sending tickets out etc, money spent and time put in by volunteers to make the night a great one, as you can imagine Stefan is also sick at this outcome.

Programmes have been printed, food ordered, marquee for hospitality etc. so a thanks must go to the SFA for having a negative impact on not only the top end of Scottish Football but lower end also.

^^^ Seething

When was this friendly/testimonial booked?

Unless the SFA explicitly gave Kelty Hearts assurances that Sevco would have an SFA licence by now, it's their own fault for ordering food and printing programmes, not the SFA's. Arranging a friendly with a team that is still trying to obtain an SFA licence is stupidity, obviously there is an inherent risk that the process will become protracted.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

The thing I'm most looking to the most is seeing Sally trying to 'rebuild' Rangers. He has proven just how shite a manager he is. Now we're really going to see him at his worst.

Any auld halfwit would walk the 3rd with Newco's budget.

Surely Kelty can't be seething at the SFA, they should've been well aware of the fact that Rangers are ultimately a toxic club and that any NewCo will need time to establish itself. The SFA can't simply let clubs in regardless of their past indiscretions or problems for the sake of the fact a club have ordered some sandwiches for a testimonial. rolleyes.gif

I'm sure Sevco would be willing to buy the purvey from them, after all it appears they've been spending about £35 a time on pies, (see Random Thoughts : piegate) so the Kelty Katering should be a bargain in comparison.

While I can see why they're upset, they should be aiming their ire at others. Like... erm... Sevco?

They aren't very likely to do that as Sevco were going to be sending a team to play in the testimonial, and have said they will now do do at a later date. What they think privately might be an entirely different matter though.

Kelty are poking a jobby with this one. If you f**k about with toxic brands this is what you get.

Can't they just do it like they did with the Airdrie game?

"Poking a jobby", so quaint and so evocative. :P

Edited by Happy Buddie

Kelty are poking a jobby with this one. If you f**k about with toxic brands this is what you get.

Can't they just do it like they did with the Airdrie game?

They could, but with it being a testimonial the beneficiary might not be too pleased with behind closed doors...

From a Sevco mate on Facebook...

"We are signing Kevin Kyle, Craig Beattie, Ian Black and Stevie Smith....soon".

Nothing would surprise me anymore. Remember, Kevin Kyle was on Off The Ball basically parting his cheeks and inviting Sevco to get in touch.